400k for non-O multiple entry

8 minutes ago, transam said:

We are all here probably for different reasons, how any of us are set up financially is nobodies business, if we can help with advice, we should, same as Joe did.

Agreed, but @DrJack54 gave advice and the options including the use of an agent.

However, sometimes when one receive the answer they don't want to hear, it reverts to criticism.

Edited by Liquorice

1 minute ago, Liquorice said:

Agreed, but @DrJack54 gave advice and the options including the use of an agent.

However, sometimes when one receive the answer they want to hear, it reverts to criticism.

OK......:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Sav has lost a lot of business over the 400k thing, it does leave an opening for an earner.....🤗

For agents and corrupt officials, yes.
It could and does often lead to further problems down the line.

17 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

It was a truthful answer.
Thailand has financial requirements to stay, just as other Countries have.

They have those financial requirements for a reason.

If you can't meet them, what will you do in a medical emergency, let me guess;
1. Employ an agent. (Sarcasm)
2. Do a runner and leave the bill unpaid.

My health insurance is about 35k Baht a year, quite a bit less than 400k.

Just now, Liquorice said:

For agents and corrupt officials, yes.
It could and does often lead to further problems down the line.

Many of my friends have been here for many years using an agent, I haven't, but they have never had a problem. Even my police friends say, get a visa/extension down south. The police, immigration police all know about it...🤗

On 4/7/2024 at 7:18 AM, DrJack54 said:

Read the posts above...I was actually replying to this post.

"I think this is the only way unless one wishes to revert to getting a regular extension, but it's a very expensive option" 

To do ongoing annual extensions based on marriage the funds only need to be in bank for 2 months and can then be used (some offices also require under consideration period) 

If thats too difficult and he is over 50 he can opt for non O retirement with ongoing extensions using agent. 

BTW: He can only obtain ONE 60 day extension per single entry non O based on marriage. 

I did read the posts, and unlike you I actually understood what was being said.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sophon said:

So on a positive note (if that's possible) give the OP a suggestion.

Mind you difficult as he has outlined little. 

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Many of my friends have been here for many years using an agent, I haven't, but they have never had a problem. Even my police friends say, get a visa/extension down south. The police, immigration police all know about it...🤗

That's fine until the <deleted> hits the fan, then it's a big problem.

20 minutes ago, Nayet said:

My health insurance is about 35k Baht a year, quite a bit less than 400k.

And you've been asked what your monthly income was, without reply.

3 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

That's fine until the <deleted> hits the fan, then it's a big problem.

I have never heard of one instance, yet........😉

15 minutes ago, Sophon said:

Perhaps you know more about the OP than the rest of us, then!

In order to help, the OP has to be willing to diverse certain information.

So sorry, I missed his monthly income, nationality, source of income, but I'm sure you can enlighten us.

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I have never heard of one instance, yet........😉

You have, you just have selective reading!

You've never read of Immigration officials being removed from their positions due to issuing illegitimate extensions.
How do you think that came about.

25 minutes ago, Sophon said:

One last time.

Provide the OP with your advice of a plan  to live ongoing in Thailand. 

So far I have suggested non O based on retirement and subsequent annual extensions. Approx 27k + 13k per year ongoing using an agent......

And your suggestion...?

Note he cannot meet Financials for marriage non O + annual extensions and agent will not assist with that option.

Fire away.....

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

You have, you just have selective reading!

You've never read of Immigration officials being removed from their positions due to issuing illegitimate extensions.
How do you think that came about.

No selective reading from me chum, I have read about immigration being removed, I have not heard of an agent being done, or the officials in Pattaya being knicked, if you have, tell all, though I have "read" about the Thai bird using her own dodgy stamps....🤭

15 minutes ago, transam said:

No selective reading from me chum, I have read about immigration being removed, I have not heard of an agent being done, or the officials in Pattaya being knicked, if you have, tell all, though I have "read" about the Thai bird using her own dodgy stamps....🤭

There you go!

So how do you think these investigations into corrupt IO's came about?

Because a client upset the cart by an illegal act, and upon investigation they found he didn't have funds for the extension he held.

You won't know what happened to the foreigner in these situations either unless you personally know someone, or you fall on it.

This side of the story is never published for some reason. Embarrassment, loss of face?

Edited by Liquorice

3 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Nayet

Let me attempt to conclude your position in a nutshell.

Finally a post that cuts to the chase of available options. 

BTW with very few details from OP.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

There you go!

So how do you think these investigations into corrupt IO's came about?

Because a client upset the cart by an illegal act, and upon investigation they found he didn't have funds for the extension he held.

No idea, but friends with no problems for well over a decade, with no probs, how do you account for that.....?

Agents even advertise on the Net, have shops, have done so for ever, why haven't they been shut down...?

1 minute ago, transam said:

No idea, but friends with no problems for well over a decade, with no probs, how do you account for that.....?

Because they haven't been in trouble and investigated by police.

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Agents even advertise on the Net, have shops, have done so for ever, why haven't they been shut down...?

Because everyone has to make a BHT in Thailand and agents provide gratuities for Immigration officials.
It's a case of you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

That's fine until a foreigner gets in trouble for breaches of the law.
Last month our local hospital had its third unpaid hospital bill runner of the month, only they've got this one.
The proverbial <deleted>e is flying now!

• Haha 1

Back to topic which is not the old chestnut "Agents" 

Many have definitive views.

The OP can make his own call. 

OP, any other details that would add to advice for options

One positive is that the OP mentioned health cover in place. That's a positive. 

24 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

As you have expressed that you cannot meet either of these requirements, then your only option is to employ an agent who can facilitate a 1-year extension of stay based on retirement, without any proof of financial funds. Fees may vary dependent on the agent, but be clear the fee you pay is to obtain an extension under immoral circumstances.

I should add, provided you are 50 or above years of age.

2 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Because they haven't been in trouble and investigated by police.

Because everyone has to make a BHT in Thailand and agents provide gratuities for Immigration officials.
It's a case of you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

That's fine until a foreigner gets in trouble for breaches of the law.
Last month our local hospital had its third unpaid hospital bill runner of the month, only they've got this one.
The proverbial <deleted>e is flying now!

I am not interested in your hospital runners, show me anything where a farangy has had a problem after using an agent to get an extension, because, although I don't go looking for it, and have never heard of one......😉

1 minute ago, transam said:

I am not interested in your hospital runners, show me anything where a farangy has had a problem after using an agent to get an extension, because, although I don't go looking for it, and have never heard of one......😉

You should be interested in hospital runners.

I could reply and give examples I've personally witnessed and one guy I actually knew, but we're going way off-topic.
All illegitimate extensions, 3 IO's sacked and the foreigners extensions revoked and deported.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Liquorice said:

You should be interested in hospital runners.

I could reply and give examples I've personally witnessed and one guy I actually knew, but we're going way off-topic.
All illegitimate extensions, 3 IO's sacked and the foreigners extensions revoked and deported.

No, I am not interested in hospital runners.......🤗

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I had rocks thrown earlier in the thread for suggesting you will have difficulty in living in Thailand without sufficient funds.

I noticed not many of those folk offered one suggestion.

I did suggest earlier that being over 50 you could opt for an agent obtaining a Non O based on retirement and annual extensions.

Some others have outlined the costs involved for that option. 

I'm not sure the wife's $160/month is usd however say 5500b hopefully is manageable. 

Thinking the thread has not provided much advice as you have not outlined your source of income and the amount/month. 

It's the way you say it, and you do say it a lot!

It is really annoying, because although you spend a lot of time helping people, you always write as if you look down on those of us who can't put 400k in the bank. Your advice is always solid, but please remember that we are not all in the same situation, we are not all the same age, and we all have our own families/expenses/income etc. to worry about.

There are lots of folks out there who make a damn good living, but have just as many outgoing expenses too. I am one of those lucky people who makes a lot, but my outgoings are just as big - mortgage, car, student loans, debts etc.

To the OP: monthly income is the only way for those of us who have enough money, but can't park 400k for a couple of months. Unfortunately, they make it next to impossible to apply for. For starters, you need a Thai bank account in your name only - which is not possible to open until you get a long term visa these days. You then need 12 months worth of deposits - which you won't have after one 90 day entry! You also need bank letters, statements and whatever else the IO thinks you might not have...

17 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

You also need bank letters, statements and whatever else the IO thinks you might not have...

Actually appreciate your post. Really and well written.

Bit off topic but I'm moving from funds in the bank for retirement extensions to income method.

So yes PITA.

I need to run the 2 requirements side by side till I can jump ship to income method.

Being Oz my embassy does not provide "income letter" 

The OP has given us very little. 

Not even sure which country he is from.

Being married he would only need to show 40k income per month.

My point is that if someone cannot show 40k per month do they have adequate funds to live in Thailand 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Liquorice said:

And you've been asked what your monthly income was, without reply.

Sorry, I'm not very good at reading. My income, for the most part, is above 40k per month, but it varies. I wonder if that will pose a problem?

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

When was this.
There were no financial requirements until recently for the Non Imm O ME visa at Savannahket.

They introduced financial requirements in October. The agent was,across from the consulate.