400k for non-O multiple entry

This may be old news on the forum, but I just discovered that the consulate in Savannakhet now requires proof of 400k for multiple entry non-O visas.

Does anyone know of any good alternatives for people who don't meet the 400k requirement?

14 minutes ago, Denim said:

If you are applying based on marriage to a Thai you could just ask for a single entry. Then at the end of 90 days go to your immigration office and apply for a 60 day extension to visit with wife. This at least gives you 5 months without having to show 400,000.

Yeah, that's probably what I'll end up doing.

24 minutes ago, Denim said:

If you are applying based on marriage to a Thai you could just ask for a single entry. Then at the end of 90 days go to your immigration office and apply for a 60 day extension to visit with wife. This at least gives you 5 months without having to show 400,000.

I think this is the only way unless one wishes to revert to getting a regular extension, but it's a very expensive option.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't follow.

With annual extensions based on marriage the 400k only needs to be in bank for 2 months + under consideration period and then can be used to live off.

Pretty sweet deal imo compared to extensions based on retirement.  

You're reading my post either the wrong way round or out of context with the one I responded to. (or I wrote it badly 🙄)

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

You're reading my post either the wrong way round or out of context with the one I responded to. (or I wrote it badly 🙄)

No your crystal clear, he always thinks we make these new requirements up.

For your info; many already demand the 400k proof for even single entries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

No your crystal clear, he always thinks we make these new requirements up.

For your info; many already demand the 400k proof for even single entries.

Thanks for the info, but I'm on a regular marriage extension using income and I've no plans to change anything.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Sophon said:

No he didn't, he stated that the alternative of living here doing single Non-O visas with 60 day extensions was expensive.

Read the posts above...I was actually replying to this post.

"I think this is the only way unless one wishes to revert to getting a regular extension, but it's a very expensive option" 

To do ongoing annual extensions based on marriage the funds only need to be in bank for 2 months and can then be used (some offices also require under consideration period) 

If thats too difficult and he is over 50 he can opt for non O retirement with ongoing extensions using agent. 

BTW: He can only obtain ONE 60 day extension per single entry non O based on marriage. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

comments like this could really put people off asking for advice here. We don’t know his circumstances. Maybe he’s trying to support a family, has kids. Others may not enjoy the financial security that you do. 

Perhaps you could provide suggestions for the OP to meet financial requirements. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1

It's pretty simple.

If the OP cannot show the 400k he can opt for single entry non O and also obtain 60 day extension to visit wife.

If over 50 he could obtain a non o based on retirement from a visa exempt entry and use agent for ongoing extensions. 

Lot depends on long term plan and period of stay each year in Thailand 

• Like 1

What financial proof do the consulate in Savannakhet require? Can I just print off a statement/update bank book or do they require a letter from the bank (which I may have read somewhere).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tubber said:

What financial proof do the consulate in Savannakhet require? Can I just print off a statement/update bank book or do they require a letter from the bank (which I may have read somewhere).

It would probably be safest to do all three. There is another thread running where he said he had the letter. When are you going? It would be good to know how people are going with Savannakhet visas. 

I'll be going sometime in June. Just trying to keep up to speed with what they require. I haven't been to Savannakhet since before Covid but since they have stopped doing a Non-Imm O multi-entry E-Visa I'll have to go back again. I'll post up a report when I do it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nayet said:

FYI, I don't have the 400k due to of a series of bad financial decisions, but I'm not destitute.

My (wife's) mortgage is equivalent to $160 a month. If I can't afford to live here, I can't afford to live anywhere else either.

I had rocks thrown earlier in the thread for suggesting you will have difficulty in living in Thailand without sufficient funds.

I noticed not many of those folk offered one suggestion.

I did suggest earlier that being over 50 you could opt for an agent obtaining a Non O based on retirement and annual extensions.

Some others have outlined the costs involved for that option. 

I'm not sure the wife's $160/month is usd however say 5500b hopefully is manageable. 

Thinking the thread has not provided much advice as you have not outlined your source of income and the amount/month. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/7/2024 at 6:18 AM, DrJack54 said:

Can't meet that requirement then don't try and live in Thailand.  

On 4/7/2024 at 6:58 AM, lemonjelly said:

comments like this could really put people off asking for advice here. We don’t know his circumstances. Maybe he’s trying to support a family, has kids. Others may not enjoy the financial security that you do. 

It was a truthful answer.
Thailand has financial requirements to stay, just as other Countries have.

They have those financial requirements for a reason.

If you can't meet them, what will you do in a medical emergency, let me guess;
1. Employ an agent. (Sarcasm)
2. Do a runner and leave the bill unpaid.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

I have posted this before but nobody seemed to believe me. An agent in Savannakhet offered me an agent assisted non-o Multi entry with no financial proofs required. I do not understand why people think there would be no visa agents operating in Laos. I did not take it at the time but am thinking of returning to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

An agent in Savannakhet offered me an agent assisted non-o Multi entry with no financial proofs required. I do not understand why people think there would be no visa agents operating in Laos. I did not take it at the time but am thinking of returning to do so.

When was this.
There were no financial requirements until recently for the Non Imm O ME visa at Savannahket.

1 minute ago, Liquorice said:

It was a truthful answer.
Thailand has financial requirements to stay, just as other Countries have.

They have those financial requirements for a reason.

If you can't meet them, what will you do in a medical emergency, let me guess;
1. Employ an agent. (Sarcasm)
2. Do a runner and leave the bill unpaid.

We are all here probably for different reasons, how any of us are set up financially is nobodies business, if we can help with advice, we should, same as Joe did.

I came here many years back on a whim, and am still here, a chancer, probably, but there are probably many others, so those who are flush, should stand back a bit and think of those who did things their way, it costs nothing.  :clap2:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

When was this.
There were no financial requirements until recently for the Non Imm O ME visa at Savannahket.

Sav has lost a lot of business over the 400k thing, it does leave an opening for an earner.....🤗