Pattaya police assure safety for Songkran festival

webfact

How does that in any way ensure safety for an upcoming holiday? Everyone knows they are not to be seen where something happens later anyway. Funny, that police are getting paid to make clown walks instead of policing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya’s police force made an impressive display on April 5, in a bid to assure both locals and tourists of their safety in the lead-up to the much-awaited Songkran festival. The show of strength was led by Deputy Commissioner of the Tourist Police Bureau, Suphaset Chokchai, who marshalled a parade of officers and volunteers through Pattaya to illustrate their readiness for the water festival.

Yet another PR stunt that really should not be necessary.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya’s police force made an impressive display on April 5, in a bid to assure both locals and tourists of their safety in the lead-up to the much-awaited Songkran festival.

Can we have that in writing please, then all can sue your a * se when the poo hits the fan. 

Don't want to pour cold water on this show of strength but...

Unfortunately, there is very little in prevention of crime and of road accidents (at any time); only to "rush to the scene" when it has already happened!

Guarantee is a an absolutist term that cannot possibly amount to reality.

And there will be plenty of stories over Songkran for us to read to show it.

I sympathise in advance... for those who will be adversely affected.

Edited by ChrisKC
typo

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

Don't want to pour cold water on this show of strength but...

Unfortunately, there is very little in prevention of crime and of road accidents (at any time); only to "rush to the scene" when it has already happened!

Guarantee is a an absolutist term that cannot possibly amount to reality.

And there will be plenty of stories over Songkran for us to read to show it.

I sympathise in advance... for those who will be adversely affected.

Agree...I left Pattaya last week, having timed my trip to avoid Songkran in its entirety! 

Sadly, there will be a hooligan element that will turn it into a war zone for a week, whatever the police may say.

That element, will, sadly, almost certainly be led by foreigners who have no idea of the history of Songkran and just want to turn it into an excuse for drunken excess and stupidity! 🤬