Four Chinese Nationals and Two Thai People Injured in Van Crash on Pattaya Motorway

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya —A van crashed with an 18-wheeler on the Pattaya motorway early Saturday morning, injuring six people, including four Chinese tourists.

The crash occurred at around 1:30 AM on April 6th, 2024, on kilometer 85+400 of the motorway in the Bang Phra sub-district of Sri Racha district, Chonburi province, heading toward Pattaya.

According to reports, the van, a Toyota Commuter, was traveling from Bangkok to Pattaya when it was hit by an 18-wheel Hino truck. The impact caused the van to veer off the road and crash into a guardrail.

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: Matichon

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-04-08

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

A van crashed with an 18-wheeler on the Pattaya motorway early Saturday morning, injuring six people, including four Chinese tourists.

And so it continues... tourists safety is a priority.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Had a lunatic driving north down Sukhumvit last night seriously putting us in danger.. we were filtering right to get onto Hwy 36, he insisted on trying to overtake us on the right and then get left to continue on Sukhumvit... lights flashing and a hairsbreadth from the driver door... too small a car to be near my pickup door mirror! Good job the Mrs was driving, I believe! I might have been tempted to react!

Bloody deadly out there.....

Report him to the police ... oh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

This really IS news. An 18-wheeler crashed into a van, instead of a van crashing into an 18-wheeler 😃

Indeed. And it proofs that van travel can be made as safe as can be and it helps nothing without draconic measures on road safety.

Never would I drive on a motorway at 1:30 AM if not life critical.

15 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

I wonder how often you would have to repeat this over Songkran. (and all year round)😳

Isnt Sonkran also refered to as some of the deadliest days on the Thai roads.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Indeed. And it proofs that van travel can be made as safe as can be and it helps nothing without draconic measures on road safety.

Never would I drive on a motorway at 1:30 AM if not life critical.

And no matter how well we drive and how alert we are, In Thailand we could be wiped out in an instant by someone who is incompetent/asleep/drunk.