I'm finally quiting baked beans, price is ridiculous

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Big C and Topps will jack up the price imminently 

Is your pantry storage large enough?  Get 'em while they're hot.  Sadly, even delivery numbers often show up short, but hand carrying is a final option.

No clue why the 17% price hike at L.

I think I said earlier in the thread, I bought some of them beans not realizing the price increase, I only opened one can the other day I swear it's half empty of beans, I was making my dinner, but the next can I'm going to drain the sauce off and see how much beans in the can, they can <deleted> off I'm buying no more especially with the increase in price being that much, 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

I think I said earlier in the thread, I bought some of them beans not realizing the price increase, I only opened one can the other day I swear it's half empty of beans, I was making my dinner, but the next can I'm going to drain the sauce off and see how much beans in the can, they can <deleted> off I'm buying no more especially with the increase in price being that much, 

If you look on the tin it will say Net weight 425g, drained weight 240g, so not far from half, even more expensive beans will have 300g+

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/8/2024 at 1:14 PM, tuktuktuk said:

You're starting to make me miss home.  I can't wait to get a double helping of New Orleans red beans and rice with a link or two of grilled andouille.

Happy travel