Thai woman sparks backlash for vaping on Chiang Rai flight (video)

webfact

5 hours ago, DrMJA said:

Given recent events, let us be grateful it wasn't one of those "Dirty Farangs."     😇

I'm a cleaner Farang when I'm in Thailand .... I really miss the bumgun when I go home ... lol 

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is a reason why smoking is not allowed on planes, this woman should not only be fined, she should be locked up. Maybe 90 days in the big house could be a deterrent for her next flight. 

Banned from flying for a period!

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is a reason why smoking is not allowed on planes, this woman should not only be fined, she should be locked up. Maybe 90 days in the big house could be a deterrent for her next flight. 

Or perhaps the airline could ban her from flying with them, and circulate her details to other airlines? 

She's a dangerous, entitled idiot...a few long distance bus trips might give her time to reconsider.

5 hours ago, djayz said:

Don't you know who I am? 

All joking aside, why didn't the passenger simply notify a member of the cabin crew of this immediately?

Quite probably because the offender was (presumably) a fellow Thai. Consideration and not being confrontational / disrespectful ... blah blah ! Not the same issues when reporting a foreigner.

4 hours ago, Hellfire said:

And nothing happened? Unbelievable!

Nothing unusual happened on any flight I was on. Smokers smoked in the smoking section, non- smokers didn't smoke in the non- smoking section. Live and let live in those days. Not any more.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, VBF said:

Or perhaps the airline could ban her from flying with them, and circulate her details to other airlines? 

She's a dangerous, entitled idiot...a few long distance bus trips might give her time to reconsider.

Lighten up.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:
22 minutes ago, VBF said:

Lighten up.

Why?  The whole point of smoking bans on aircraft is for safety and consideration. My suggestion wold make her uncomfortable for a while and could do nothing but good (IMO)

Smoking of any sort is very intrusive on people nearby and in an enclosed space.

Edited by VBF
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, quake said:

Not at all.

The little snitch with the camera is part of a growing trend in Thailand.

You see what he did was all about his 5 minutes of fame on the internet.

instead of informing the cabin crew of the silly passengers actions.

But the amount of outrage on this thread is a kin to a bunch of 12 year old school girls.

Get a life you outraged school girls.

Spot on quake - was that 12 year old girls or year 12 girls 😂

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Just shows how clueless people are to the dangers of vaping. It absolutely IS harmful and particularly harmful to those with allergies or that already have pre-existing lung respiratory issues. Personally I literally choke and start violently coughing up phlegm when exposed to it - it's become a huge problem for me because people are completely clueless and just assume it's ok to vape in your face, anywhere. People smoking in no-smoking rooms is even more ridiculous - you (owners) went out of your way to provide a safe-air space for your customers, only to let mindless drones fill it with vape vapor? Funny that you mention Thailand pollution - or as they call it here PM2.5 - vape vapor literally is smaller than PM2.5 - it IS air pollution.

Hopefully this woman gets arrested and made an example of. She broke at least 3 laws - the two mentioned in the article, and the obvious one which is so commonly ignored they didn't even think to mention it - vapes and vaping are illegal in Thailand - it's just no longer enforced which is a shame. The public absolutely needs more awareness that they should not vape in no-smoking areas, it's common sense, but people these days lack common sense.

Get your facts right, there's been several reports recently that vaping is just as dangerous as cigarette smoking.

47 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Nothing unusual happened on any flight I was on. Smokers smoked in the smoking section, non- smokers didn't smoke in the non- smoking section. Live and let live in those days. Not any more.

Give me a break. Back in the day when smoking was allowed it endangered all on board. Plus it smelled like crap and bothered the 80% of people on board who did not smoke. There is a valid reason why it is banned.  

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

For those of us who are non-smokers and find secondhand smoke to be incredibly foul and noxious, it is hard to even contemplate the fact that smoking was allowed on flights way back when. The ventilation system is simply inadequate to handle all that smoke from the smoking section, and it must have been incredibly putrid inside those planes. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, thesetat said:

They forgot to add the vape law that is in Thailand which I believe carries up to 20,000 baht fine as well. Vapes are illegal to possess in Thailand. 

Nope. Not anymore for almost over a year now. Completely legal to vape and possess a vape and to sell them. But illegal to import them. Furthermore, I regularly fly domestic and at the screening gates I put my vapes in the tray that get's x-rayed - they allow it and it's not illegal to carry a vape device on you on a plane. Illegal to vape it on the plane. But you can always vape it inside the toilet as it doesn't trigger the smoke alarm LOL!

10 hours ago, tonypattaya said:

Vaping is NOT smoking and not harmful to those exposed to it. Certainly less harmful than the pollution we experience regularly in Thailand.

However it is not particularly pleasant to those exposed to it and, MORE importantly, if it is banned on air flights then she is breaking the rules and should be reprimanded.

Vaping release a water vapour into the air which fades quickly and cannot possibly do anything to anyone surrounded by you. It is not a burning smoke. 

On 4/10/2024 at 2:02 PM, RakThai22 said:

Vaping release a water vapour into the air which fades quickly and cannot possibly do anything to anyone surrounded by you. It is not a burning smoke. 

Keep telling yourself that while you poison anyone around you.

Do some research- it is not harmless and it is not "water vapor". It is full of chemicals like formaldehyde, benzene, diacetyl, and a whole bunch of other substances that are known to cause lung issues.

• Like 1