Thai woman sparks backlash for vaping on Chiang Rai flight (video)

webfact

Don't you know who I am? 

All joking aside, why didn't the passenger simply notify a member of the cabin crew of this immediately?

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, tonypattaya said:

Vaping is NOT smoking and not harmful to those exposed to it. Certainly less harmful than the pollution we experience regularly in Thailand.

However it is not particularly pleasant to those exposed to it and, MORE importantly, if it is banned on air flights then she is breaking the rules and should be reprimanded.

Not quite true :

Second-hand vape exposure can be harmful. This is because people can inhale the fine particles in vape aerosol, which may have health risks. Vape aerosol contains nicotine and toxic substances, which people can inhale through second-hand exposure.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And there's more and more evidence published globally that vaping can cause lung cancer. 

Of course it can cause lung cancer. If you put chemicals into your lungs in large enough quantities for long enough time, it's a no-brainer. But lung cancer isn't the only option - there have been thousands of documented cases of EVALI (E-cigarette or Vaping Use-Associated Lung Injury) in the US alone, 96% of them required hospitalization, and some of them died. It's already injuring and killing people.

• Thumbs Up 1

I do it all the time.... But discreetly.... secret is small puffs and hold it in so the vape is not visible upon exhaling.... And a small device that fits discreetly in the palm of your hand....

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, quake said:

Not at all.

The little snitch with the camera is part of a growing trend in Thailand.

You see what he did was all about his 5 minutes of fame on the internet.

instead of informing the cabin crew of the silly passengers actions.

But the amount of outrage on this thread is a kin to a bunch of 12 year old school girls.

Get a life you outraged school girls.

So, almost same as we post about everything here on AN, and you are one of us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, tonypattaya said:

Vaping is NOT smoking and not harmful to those exposed to it. Certainly less harmful than the pollution we experience regularly in Thailand.

However it is not particularly pleasant to those exposed to it and, MORE importantly, if it is banned on air flights then she is breaking the rules and should be reprimanded.

not true, 2nd hand vape smoke can be harmful, have a look at the medical studies

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

I seem to remember there used to be a smoking section on many flights. Maybe should be reintroduced, for vapers ?

Agreed.

Strapped to the wing would be a good place for it.

• Haha 1

On every flight I have been on , they announce its no smoking on the aircraft and make a point about electronic/electric cigarettes cannot be used. There are smoke detectors in the bathrooms and smoking will set them off!

The strange thing is the cabin crew didn't notice and no one pressed the call light to complain?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DrMJA said:

Given recent events, let us be grateful it wasn't one of those "Dirty Farangs."     😇

Or some of that Prickpot crap that chokes you without getting high.

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

I’m sorry. I don’t see how this story relates to foreigners behaving badly. So why is it being reported on?

The farangs were all secretly high on gummies.

• Haha 1

Stupid woman. There are can vape completely unnoticed on flights. I have done it for years and no one the wiser... When you need your nic fix it is easy. I think she wanted be rebellious and wanted the attention.... 🙄

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Once you're done with your xenophobic farang bashing over that Swiss bloke who apparently did wrong you might wonder, how this vapor got through the security screening, how nobody really realized what happened inside the aircraft except the person taking the video. Last not least, the entire eVaping business is illegal and punishable by low - possibly 250 years in the slammer or 50 Baht ...... or both!

While the incident is absolutely irrelevant and actually not even newsworthy it nevertheless shows the intended ignorance by Thais towards their own country, countrymen and the Thai law! Bienvenue en Thaïlande ...... 😉 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, tonypattaya said:

might want to read up on your claim before making a statement like that. Airlines have announcements about smoking and vaping not allowed on the flight along with not disabling the smoke detectors in the bathroom. 

I don't blame her as such, but I'm not happy with her sense of entitlement. It just shows how addictive the vape can be. Many seem to be as addicted to vaping every 20seconds as they are having their phone in hand at all times. Not good for their lives at all. 

Edited by alien365
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Great, 1 m0r0n vapes on the plane in open view, another M0r0n films it and third m0r0n shares it and now knowing Thai over reaction standby for raids across country and some silly law prohibiting vapes on the plane 

• Haha 2