The baffling 27 years of Richard Burrows, aka. ‘Peter Smith’

snoop1130

• 2 months later...

Richard Burrows is facing further child sex abuse charges.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2024-06-21/man-80-arrested-after-27-years-on-run-facing-further-child-sex-abuse-charges

Cheshire Police said on Thursday, 20 June, that the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) had now authorised additional charges against him.

They were 20 counts of indecent assault, one count of buggery, three counts of making indecent images of children and four counts of possession of a false identity document with intent.

The additional charges relate to 11 victims and the offences occurred between 1966 and 1996 across Cheshire, the West Midlands, and West Mercia areas.

On 4/12/2024 at 6:58 PM, scottiejohn said:

I don 't!

Please explain yourself in more detail!

Have you remembered the referendum yet and the majority vote that was against independence.

Possibly you may remember the various "Better Together" rallies, demonstrations, parades or whatever they were officially termed. Very proud and patriotic Scottish people on them.

Edited by saintdomingo
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/11/2024 at 6:36 PM, Moonlover said:

I have never had to have anyone to sign to say they have known me for several years and I've lost count of how many passports that is.

A passport that has been reported stolen would immediately be cancelled so you're right, it does seem somewhat incredulous. But there is one possible explanation, that the real 'Peter Smith' never reported it missing in the first place. If he wasn't much of a travelling man he may never have noticed.

And / or is the real Peter Smith still alive?

On 4/11/2024 at 6:13 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

The linked article provides an explanation of how he got the passport - it was apparently stolen from the father of one of his victims. 

As for renewing it - well, when you think about it all you need to renew a British passport from abroad is a passing resemblance to the previous holder and somebody (usually, but not necessarily, a British citizen) to sign saying that they've known you for several years and can vouch for your identity.

And what about the fact its all comouterised?

The article doesn't really say that much, Unless the original Peter Smith never reported or reapplied I'd say there is some missing info.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...