Telephoning Australia

one baht

13 minutes ago, marin said:

If you have to make the call phone number to phone number you may want to try 00500 + country code and number. I know to the USA its much cheaper Oz is more like 6B a minute.

I've been using the 00500 prefix for a few years now.Cheap and almost always good connections. No muss no fuss.A couple baht/minute AIS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I did a simple google search too.

Me thinks you did not.

image.png.b3945a33a87cb09eae79471abeb06ef6.png

Code for cheap international calls

Your right Ralfy

I'm just happy I gave you something to do with you being  wheelchair bound.

It's great forums like this Ralfy that give people like yourself with disabilities something to do all day 

Love ya Ralfy 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Great thanks for telling us Australians about calling the US 🥴

Oh chiet I didn’t know this was an Aussi only thread.

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Your right Ralfy

I'm just happy I gave you something to do in your wheelchair 

What wheelchair ?

You seem to have mistaken me for someone else.

Edited by Ralf001

48 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

What a fantastic topic 

I'm now researching Skype as I will need to ring the Australian Department of Statistical data when I'm in Thailand 

I wonder if Skype is still free to ring landlines from Thailand 

VOIP services tariffs are based on the Country you are calling. I understand it doesn't matter where you are calling from.

On 4/13/2024 at 12:44 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I done the "simple" google search ...... And nothing so maybe ya talkin out ya ....

Maybe you're not as smart as what you thought.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Maybe you're not as smart as what you thought.

Nope your definitely smarter than me  especially with all the user names you are using .

Stick to one mate and you know who you are .

I had to laugh a few weeks ago when you posted to yourself forgetting you hadn't logged out of this name 😂

Funniest thing I ever read !

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Agree 1

On 4/13/2024 at 4:02 AM, one baht said:

Asking the cheapest way to call Australia on my mobile phone, I have a 12call SIM card , thanks for any advice.

Not sure about that SIM but do consider Skype to phone if you have a WiFi package and want to call a mobile or landline that does not have WhatsApp etc. very reasonable cost you just preload Skype. 

On 4/13/2024 at 10:10 AM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Do you have a Skype account?  Get one - download the app and call using Skype.

Alternatively does the person you are calling have Line or similar social app? You can call them using that app.

There is no cheap way to make a 'phone call' - but you can make an IP Call using internet via social app or app like skype.

Line of viber, both are VOIP operated (voice over internet protocol).

And both are quite easy to download, SMS, chat and video chat, can send photos etc., all at no charge.

• Confused 1

On 4/13/2024 at 5:02 AM, one baht said:

Asking the cheapest way to call Australia on my mobile phone, I have a 12call SIM card , thanks for any advice.

Messenger app...:thumbsup:

I regularly cal Australia using FacebookMessenger, Facetime or other social media. If I can't get through, I might use my normal mobile provider for short calls (it is about 5 Baht per minute). For longer calls to government organisations etc I normally try to find their 'free' overseas line. However, it doesn't always work out 'free'.

On 4/13/2024 at 10:32 AM, grain said:

Yep, if it's family/friends ask them to get WhatsApp, Line, or FB Messenger and can phone free. If it's a business or gov, then you'll be chewing up phone credits. Some businesses/banks will call you if you request. For example I chewed up a bunch of my mobile credit calling CBA from Thailand and they told me I could have gone onto their FB page and sent them a private message and they will call me from Oz. I later did just that and saved using heaps of my phone credit. Most business & people in Oz have free OS calls in their plans, so having them call you is better.

Thanks for that advice mate it is to a government department, I should have explained that in my op for the other guys .

5 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

I regularly cal Australia using FacebookMessenger, Facetime or other social media. If I can't get through, I might use my normal mobile provider for short calls (it is about 5 Baht per minute). For longer calls to government organisations etc I normally try to find their 'free' overseas line. However, it doesn't always work out 'free'.

Thanks mate

7 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Thanks mate I'll have go at that