2nd visa exempt by air. Denial?

18 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Coming here for over 20 years and never had a problem with Immigration at any of the airports. In saying that, I am no fan of Thai IO's due to them all making up their own rules as they go along. The many posters who have said this over the years can not all be wrong.

First time I came to Thailand the IO at Suvarnabhumi wanted the full street address of my hotel. Of course I'd never been before and hadn't printed it out beforehand.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Last thing I would be showing immigration on arrival entering visa exempt is copy of the items you mention.

I understand what you are saying 

The various organs of Thai establishment 

as always,  working at cross purposes. 

Edited by Captain Monday

22 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Coming here for over 20 years and never had a problem with Immigration at any of the airports. In saying that, I am no fan of Thai IO's due to them all making up their own rules as they go along. The many posters who have said this over the years can not all be wrong.

You have no experience of "IOs making up their own rules", yet you still accuse them of that?    Very rational.

The few posters who have said that over the years can be, and usually are, wrong and many of them just make up situations or deliberately describe their actual circumstances inaccurately to garner sympathy.  IOs do not need to make up their own rules, they are the ones with the absolute say on who gets stamped into the country, they are given that authority and discretion.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

First time I came to Thailand the IO at Suvarnabhumi wanted the full street address of my hotel. Of course I'd never been before and hadn't printed it out beforehand.

Wasn't that a question on the TM6 that required an answer at that time?

• Agree 1

On 4/16/2024 at 9:06 AM, Captain Monday said:
  •  

Will probably use CNX again but might need to do BKK.  I will bring money, copy of Yellow book, "onward Ticket" and will request and keep my paper boarding pass

Since they did away with the TM6 arrival card I've never had to provide my stay address on arrival. You definitely don't need to show Yellow book

All you need to do is handover your passport and boarding pass and smile for the camera after finger prints.

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It was. I had written the name of the hotel and town only because I couldn't remember the full street address. I had failed to fully complete the form so it was a fair question.

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You have no experience of "IOs making up their own rules", yet you still accuse them of that?    Very rational.

The few posters who have said that over the years can be, and usually are, wrong and many of them just make up situations or deliberately describe their actual circumstances inaccurately to garner sympathy.  IOs do not need to make up their own rules, they are the ones with the absolute say on who gets stamped into the country, they are given that authority and discretion.

Another one of your nonsense posts, how do you know I have no experience of  "IOs making up their own rules"? I most certainly have, I have even been accused of being on 25 days overstay when doing a 90 day report.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:
16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Another one of your nonsense posts, how do you know I have no experience of  "IOs making up their own rules"? I most certainly have, I have even been accused of being on 25 days overstay when doing a 90 day report.

"how do you know I have no experience of  "IOs making up their own rules"?

Because you said so in your post to which I responded!

"...I have even been accused of being on 25 days overstay when doing a 90 day report".

What was "the rule that they made up" in the situation, then?

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes. This happened to me returning to my own country once and disgusted I went to another agents line.

Always wondered if this information on the TM6 was recorded a database or the forms just stored somewhere. A actual full mailing street address in Bangkok or Chiang Mai is pretty detailed.  House number, street, soi, condo name,  room

number. tambon. Then  what Jangwat  and postal code. No foreigner  can write that on a TM6. 

And how  the hell would Thai immigration be supposed to read the ham fisted scrawlings of these people who come from dozens of countries and Many who can’t write Roman letters? 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

I got all that. Perhaps not a good idea. 

Maybe a copy of my condo Chanote  ?

Sure, that'll impress the IO's.

2 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Sure, that'll impress the IO's.

Not trying to impress anybody and won’t be lying to them about where I stay. Since my condo is where I have been coming  around 6-8 times a year  for 16 years even if I book a couple nights at Marriott Chiang Mai.  Looking forward to seeing what the remodel  looks like ( Le Meridien Chiang Mai has been rebranded) 

1 hour ago, Yagoda said:

I have a Cambodian visa and get an "enjoy shopping" greeting as I cross, even though the goal is shopping at Thermae.

Which is limited to twice a year, or is there any way around that, other than flying in after 2 land crossings?

28 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Not trying to impress anybody and won’t be lying to them about where I stay. Since my condo is where I have been coming  around 6-8 times a year  for 16 years even if I book a couple nights at Marriott Chiang Mai. 

Did you not read any of the responses? Immigration doesn't care or ask where you stay when entering visa exempt. This is paranoia at its best to think you would have a problem to enter

Starting to think you have blinkers on or you just want to tell people "look at me" I have a condo with a yellow book and a pink card...

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Which is limited to twice a year, or is there any way around that, other than flying in after 2 land crossings?

Im going to try

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Romano Bummies said:

I wrote exemption not extension.

Indeed you did, your words.

"I've been traveling on exemptions for a couple of years now. Two months in Thailand,"

Two months in Thailand means you had an "extension to your visa exempt entry" which as I said used to be at the discretion of an IO.

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Two months in Thailand means you had an "extension to your visa exempt entry" which as I said used to be at the discretion of an IO.

Yeah. Which is not the point here.

I was talking about coming in the country on an exemption and being stop at the immigration desk for it.

Anyways...

Not important.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Still is.  All entries to Thailand, regardless of the visa/VE/extension are at the discretion of the IO.

My comment was in respect of the change from a discretionary time to a standard 30 days in regard to extending a visa exempt entry which if I remember right came about following an immigration clampdown in 2014.

However in pursuit of some hidden agenda you felt compelled to change the context of my post.

4 minutes ago, Romano Bummies said:

Yeah. Which is not the point here.

I was talking about coming in the country on an exemption and being stop at the immigration desk for it.

Anyways...

Not important.

And as I pointed out, when you reached the immigration desk it never crossed your mind you were abusing the Bilateral Agreement, which was never intended as an alternative to a visa.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Still is.  All entries to Thailand, regardless of the visa/VE/extension are at the discretion of the IO.

For those that may not have understood what I meant, this occurred following the clampdown of Aug 2014. People should remember things can always go back to the way they were.

Previously, visitors from countries which are exempt from obtaining a tourist visa when entering Thailand, including Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, United Kingdom, and United States of America, could stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 30 days per visit. Now, the new regulations permit visitors from these countries, as well as those entering Thailand with tourist visas, to apply once for an additional 30 day extension of stay without having to leave the country. It should be noted, however, that the period of extension in total cannot exceed 30 days from the expiration date and is subject to the discretion of the authorities. 

https://www.bakermckenzie.com/-/media/files/insight/publications/2014/09/thailand-introduces-new-visa-extension-regulations/files/read-publication/fileattachment/al_thailand_visaextensionregulations_sep14.pdf

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

My comment was in respect of the change from a discretionary time to a standard 30 days in regard to extending a visa exempt entry which if I remember right came about following an immigration clampdown in 2014.

However in pursuit of some hidden agenda you felt compelled to change the context of my post.

I think you're confused. Before the 30-day extension for visa exempt entries was introduced, all you could get was an extra 7 days "denied extension but grace period given to leave the country".

There has never been a change "from a discretionary time to a standard 30 days".

All extensions are at the discretion of immigration, but assuming that your paperwork is in order, the 30-day extension is routinely given. At IT Square Laksi alone, to hundreds of applicants per day.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

I have no hidden agenda to pursue and I did not alter your comment nor its context in any way.  Perhaps your context was not as clear as it could have been?

10 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

I suggest the yellow book as proof of accommodations. Maybe I should just book a few days at Le Meridien Chiang Mai ? 

So, what is the definition of “live in Thailand”
I have always spent more time outside of Thailand with no multi month stays  except during 2021-2022. 

If tourists can’t own condos I wish they would not have flogged one off to me years ago.  Another time yes. Never heard of TM30 for the fist 7 years or so and nobody ever suggested I could not come to Thailand every other month visa exempt between overseas work rotations. It seems like things will only be getting worse. 

Captain Monday - “Constant International Travel”

Of course a tourist can own a condo but I don't know of any tourists that have a yellow book - there may be some.

When TM6's were handed out I just simply wrote my address in the pathetically small space.  I don't recall being asked where I'm staying (on entry) since they stopped handing out TM6's at the airport.

You can of course, show your Yellow Book - I just wouldn't tempt fate. Its totally unnecessary.

10 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

I do 2 border run. 30+30 extension at the local immigration. After that I do a few border runs. Total 4 months 

That is not a 4 or 6 month stay - its multiple stays. You are doing border runs. 

The way you wrote it appears to claim that you can stay 4 to 6 months without a visa.

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2024 at 2:20 AM, Captain Monday said:

I should stop reading social media and AN and just listen to my airline mates who come to Thailand maybe once or twice year they never  heard of any hassles at all. 

Buddy, us "airline mates" have been living here for decades on stamps - it's a non issue and only affects those who are perceived (rightly or wrongly) to be trying to avoid work permits and things like that.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Romano Bummies said:

France.

not sure why that would be an issue with IO and visa unless doing too many runs.....ive been doing 6 on-6 off for 15 yrs with zero pushback.....always enter one way--no visa  30+ext=2 allowed land hops+exts

11 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Never asked by the airlines for a onward ticket?

in my 30 crossings back n forth for 15 yrs....less than 3-4 times...but i travel with a carry on so i signal my pack and say im leaving LOS after the 30 days.....always fly out of LAX..

last year guy at BKK IO asked where my visa was but I said the same--im visiting LOS and leaving after the 30 days...as he can clearly see the stamps in my PP...and my 3rd PP doing this ..

its all in his computer of how ive been doing this for 15 yrs and my PP is full of these stamps thats hes holding.......i stay for 6  months each visit..then go home for 6 to work---repeat

actually bought a fake onward during covid return hoops but was never asked to show it....always one way--always carry on--always no visa....heading back in 2 weeks via.LAX as usual

can easily get a cheap flight out of bkk and i tell them im not sure if ill stay the whole 30 days and will just buy a flight to vietnam etc.....out of BKK or CNX.....or take a bus or train out

i use the allowed extensions($$$ for them) and the allowed 2 land hops(more $$ for them)..then go home......always have the cash on me if they ask---which they never have......

flying direct to CNX this time so can bring rollaway carry on and not be sweated in BKK over the weight of my bag by Vietjet where they make all their fees from...nickel and dime ya

if the airline denies me they can refund my money and ill jump another flight....if BKK says no i jump on a cheap flight out and come in via land..not sure how they gets either of them my cash

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Caldera said:

I think you're confused. Before the 30-day extension for visa exempt entries was introduced, all you could get was an extra 7 days "denied extension but grace period given to leave the country".

I am certainly not confused, I have had extension to a visa exempt entry long before 2014, possibly 2006.

For your information in 25 years I have never had to leave the country.

There is an old saying, "if you don't ask you don't get".

• Agree 1