Surachate Hakparn: The rollercoaster career of Thailand’s most famous policeman

snoop1130

Ask him who gets the 400k+ baht in the bank accounts of deceased O/OA visa holders, and why did he change the rules for no apparent reason?:coffee1:

I reckon Surachate is among the least corrupt in the current Thai police higher echelons. He is the only one who might have a go at much needed reform if he wins the top job. Appointees to the top job are usually just sitting out their time until retirement,and to boost their potential post-retirement income, and will not rock the boat.  Surachate has 6 years left and might try to rock the boat.

• Sad 1

I never liked him, but I don't appreciate how they're working hard to bring him down. And I believe he's being prosecuted because he was somehow involved with the shinawatras saga.

I totally agree with bradiston,look at the houses and cars he's got on a policeman's salary. This is the man that stopped the annual income letter from consulates to support retirement visas thus making life more difficult for many law abiding retirees.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

their hostility threatened to escalate and undermine public trust in the police force.

Twenty years too late (in my Thailand experience).  The public have zero trust in them and fear their power.

4 hours ago, ronster said:

Should rename him yo-yo as his career goes up and down constantly ! 

Or rubber ball. What was that old song 'Like a rubber ball you'll come bouncing back to me'

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is an arrogant fool, who was booted out of immigration, due to his constant ranting about the evil nature of foreigners. He had no business being appointed to a high position within the RTP. Maybe a janitor, or a street cop. Maybe. 

His reputation as a crime fighter is hogwash, and just great PR on his part. 

He is guilty by association. Anyone in that position has to be corrupt. The RTP is the greatest pyramid scheme in Thailand. 

Where is he hiding the billions of baht? 

You know nothing. You just embarass yourslef.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is an arrogant fool, who was booted out of immigration, due to his constant ranting about the evil nature of foreigners.

Whatever evil you wish upon others will return to you in 10-fold, dixit the teachings of Buddha.