Surachate Hakparn: The rollercoaster career of Thailand’s most famous policeman

snoop1130

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

You need evidence of his constant ranting while the director of immigration? Were you living here at that time? Were you hiding under a rock? 

As deputy director of the RTP, he is guilty until proven innocent. That is just how the organization is formed. 

Yes, oddly, I require evidence of all your allegations, as would he. Otherwise I will file under irrational vitriolic hatred.

Edited by bradiston
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Believe me, I have thought about it. Big joke has perpetrated a brilliant job of deluding some folks into believing he is a crime fighter and that he is free of corruption. Quite the opposite is most likely the truth. 

And anyone who does not remember his xenophobic ranting as director of immigration, has memory issues. He was fired for his incessant, non stop, virulent nonsense. This man is toxic, and likely guilty as the day is long. 

The real problem here, is the willingness to buy into his hypocritical white knight sales pitch. 

I must have memory issues, can you show any evidence of this claimed ranting against foreigners?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Accidental Tourist said:

Is just Thailand...as it always was...I am witnesses this for now 29 years and nothing will change until TRUE democracy will arrive 

True democracy is a myth, unless of course you have managed to see such a strange creature.

3 hours ago, marin said:

He is correct though and your lack of knowledge of Thailand is vast. Educated Thai's know Surachet is the most corrupt policeman to come along in a long time. You buy your position in the RTP and his wife is one of the richest around expediting his rise up the ranks. This quote here is the key "The RTP is the greatest pyramid scheme in Thailand."

Thank you. @damo1967 does not have a clue. And he interprets a complaint as a reason to leave. Very lame. Big joke is beyond corrupt. The fact that he is being exposed is the big surprise. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, retarius said:

You have a problem mate. Think about what you are saying. This is no more than a vehement evidence free rant. Take a cup of something and calm down. 

On a regular basis, I would say you are the one with the problem........🤔

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Yes, oddly, I require evidence of all your allegations, as would he. Otherwise I will file under irrational vitriolic hatred.

Kind of hard to gather evidence on the extent of the corruption of this or that officers. All Thais know/ assume that virtually all police/ governments officers are corrupt. Then ,any investigation of the graft of an individual officer would be conducted by other corrupt officials, who possibly have an agenda beyond establishing facts and evidence. It's like the Mafia with its internal code of silence, difficult to penetrate from the outside. Even worse , there is no real outside, since the whole system is rotten. 

There was some hope with the MFP, a young generation fed up with politics/ corruption as usual. Tried twice, sidelined twice by the establishment. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Thank you. @damo1967 does not have a clue. And he interprets a complaint as a reason to leave. Very lame. Big joke is beyond corrupt. The fact that he is being exposed is the big surprise. 

Yes,once you make it to the top, you are more or less untouchableSo for him being exposed is the big surprise. Power play within the force is the only explanation 

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The transfer order, signed by Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin last month, declared that their hostility threatened to escalate and undermine public trust in the police force.

Public trust in the police force? 555

I've seen no evidence of that.

With or without Big Joke, it's a police farce more than a police force.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

He was warned many times about his constant anti foreigner outbursts with the media. When he was finally fired from immigration, the PM had this to say, back in 2020.

In an order, issued today by the Prime Minister, Pol Lt-Gen Surachate, who is currently working as a civil servant attached to the Prime Minister’s Office, was told not to do anything which could be deemed to be gross misconduct, such as performing his duty dishonestly, filing false reports, bypassing his superior, abusing his authority, being careless in the performance of his duties, abandoning his duty or doing anything which could be deemed to be persecution or oppression of others.

Yeah, the admonition was issued by your best mate O cha cha. Just a smear.

• Thanks 1

He was warned many times about his constant anti foreigner outbursts with the media. When he was finally fired from immigration, the PM had this to say, back in 2020.

In an order, issued today by the Prime Minister, Pol Lt-Gen Surachate, who is currently working as a civil servant attached to the Prime Minister’s Office, was told not to do anything which could be deemed to be gross misconduct, such as performing his duty dishonestly, filing false reports, bypassing his superior, abusing his authority, being careless in the performance of his duties, abandoning his duty or doing anything which could be deemed to be persecution or oppression of others.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ex-immigration-chief-surachate-given-stern-warning-by-pm/

Btw, the above is generally known as a link. You don't provide any. Just another of your pet hates.

5 hours ago, Scottie12 said:

I totally agree with bradiston,look at the houses and cars he's got on a policeman's salary. This is the man that stopped the annual income letter from consulates to support retirement visas thus making life more difficult for many law abiding retirees.

He also was quoted as saying in about 2017 that He believed the 800,000 or 65,000 per month income was too low. He also, in 2018 was involved in the instigation of the money in the bank rule of two months before, and three months after, and not to fall below 400,000 at any time. 

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Hey, if having a white knight in your life makes you feel better, by all means go for it. 

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ex-immigration-chief-surachate-given-stern-warning-by-pm/

Btw, the above is generally known as a link. You don't provide any. Just another of your pet hates.

Not that it will influence your train of thought and attitude one iota, but here is just one link. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

With or without Big Joke, it's a police farce more than a police force.

Until you need them. And then you might find them polite, efficient, and professional. But maybe that is just where I live.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

They are a nest of vipers starting at the top Police General down to the newest recruits in 2024.

They are strangers to the truth and poorly trained with little knowledge of the law.

They garner positions by family associations, brothers and cousins already in the Police, they pay for promotions and positions and are corrupt as hell.

I don't trust or like any of them. I smile and am polite to them with the same sincerity they afford me. After that, I stay out of their way.

7 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Until you need them. And then you might find them polite, efficient, and professional. But maybe that is just where I live.

Outside of the poison in tourist areas, they are generally better behaved and not as greedy or mercenary.

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Ah, so you believe General Prayut Chan o Cha now ? I know who Id  rather believe . 

35 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I seem to recall he also strongly criticised the new biometric entry systems being used throughout the Kingdom and then identified certain flaws and costs and announced it to the Press, which didn't go down well.

Not forgetting the super sleuth BMW cars purchased at highly inflated prices. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Not forgetting the super sleuth BMW cars purchased at highly inflated prices. 

One came to my house. The wife said should we

give them some money "for the benzene" I said no. It is an electric car.

Edited by VocalNeal

7 hours ago, Scottie12 said:

I totally agree with bradiston,look at the houses and cars he's got on a policeman's salary. This is the man that stopped the annual income letter from consulates to support retirement visas thus making life more difficult for many law abiding retirees.

One would think that considering his apparent wealth he would do something about his face.

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is an arrogant fool, who was booted out of immigration, due to his constant ranting about the evil nature of foreigners. He had no business being appointed to a high position within the RTP. Maybe a janitor, or a street cop. Maybe. 

His reputation as a crime fighter is hogwash, and just great PR on his part. 

He is guilty by association. Anyone in that position has to be corrupt. The RTP is the greatest pyramid scheme in Thailand. 

Where is he hiding the billions of baht? 

LOng term stayers in Chiang Mai have a different look on Big Joke. If you wanted to get an extension of stay show up at 4am to cue up maybe you would get one and a few other things going on. Big Joke shows up and does a tour and actually talked to afew people standing in line. He leaves town and a few days later the hammer falls immigration will be open from 0600 till the days business is complete all people standing in line will be waited on. His actual leadership turned the immigration office in CM around. It took them awhile to get all the backlogged business taken care of and the officers were not happy working 12 hour days but his action turned CM immigration around

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Not that it will influence your train of thought and attitude one iota, but here is just one link. 

I already posted that link. Not another chip blown, surely. Your scatter gun approach (I hate the guy so I can say anything I like about him) might land you in trouble one day.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ex-immigration-chief-surachate-given-stern-warning-

This was when Surachate complained about the installation of the new airport entry system that was costing the country a fortune and had many faults. He spoke about it to the Press . He was right ,and this had no slur on any foreigners. So what’s your point?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, soalbundy said:

One would think that considering his apparent wealth he would do something about his face.

You could direct him to the same clinic where you got your red veins in your nose 🐽 lasered !

20 hours ago, ryxyz said:

I never liked him, but I don't appreciate how they're working hard to bring him down. And I believe he's being prosecuted because he was somehow involved with the shinawatras saga.

Initially I did, when he appeared to sort out Chiang Mai immigration. Prior to that there were reports here on the forum of people having miserable times trying to do their extensions there.....they were arriving at immigration at 5am to get in lines. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, geisha said:

Ah, so you believe General Prayut Chan o Cha now ? I know who Id  rather believe . 

Not a matter of believing the tiny one. He was simply being warned to stay out of the limelight of the press, which he loved to hog. He is positively addicted to attention. And he made such a fool out of himself with his stunningly ignorant statements while chief of immigration, they had no choice but to fire him. Why this goon was taken out of exile and returned to a leadership position is the real question. 

Edited by spidermike007