Surachate Hakparn: The rollercoaster career of Thailand’s most famous policeman

snoop1130

12 hours ago, bradiston said:

I already posted that link. Not another chip blown, surely. Your scatter gun approach (I hate the guy so I can say anything I like about him) might land you in trouble one day.

I don't live my life catering to cowardly defamation laws, truth is truth, racism is racism, xenophobia is xenophobia. Hogging the spotlight is the chief concern of this gross incompetent, who I surely hope gets locked up. 

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Yes,once you make it to the top, you are more or less untouchableSo for him being exposed is the big surprise. Power play within the force is the only explanation 

Seems that way, must be a few very worried people about him being in the top spot and getting their ar$e's uncovered. 

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Not a matter of believing the tiny one. He was simply being warned to stay out of the limelight of the press, which he loved to hog. He is positively addicted to attention. And he made such a fool out of himself with his stunningly ignorant statements while chief of immigration, they had no choice but to fire him. Why this goon was taken out of exile and returned to a leadership position is the real question. 

Have you ever considered he returned from exile and appointed to such a senior position by a very important person for a good reason, and what you're seeing now is those who are vulnerable to his return are running scared of their future and attempting to undermine him. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Have you ever considered he returned from exile and appointed to such a senior position by a very important person for a good reason, and what you're seeing now is those who are vulnerable to his return are running scared of their future and attempting to undermine him. 

This is exactly the narrative that he's trying to perpetrate, don't forget this man has an extensive and likely very expensive PR machine, and has done an incredibly good job of self-promotion throughout his career.

I've never bought it for a nanosecond, many on this form have never bought it, the vast majority of Thai people that I talk to never bought it. But apparently you do. 

The one thing that you're not taking into account is that there is not a single very important person in Thailand who truly cares about the progress of the nation, and who truly wants to get rid of corruption, not a single person. 8 years ago I would have said there was, but not now. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is exactly the narrative that he's trying to perpetrate, don't forget this man has an extensive and likely very expensive PR machine, and has done an incredibly good job of self-promotion throughout his career.

I've never bought it for a nanosecond, many on this form have never bought it, the vast majority of Thai people that I talk to never bought it. But apparently you do. 

The one thing that you're not taking into account is that there is not a single very important person in Thailand who truly cares about the progress of the nation, and who truly wants to get rid of corruption, not a single person. 8 years ago I would have said there was, but not now. 

I'll reserve my judgement until such times as the dust clears. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I don't live my life catering to cowardly defamation laws, truth is truth, racism is racism, xenophobia is xenophobia. Hogging the spotlight is the chief concern of this gross incompetent, who I surely hope gets locked up. 

Prattling on, "truth is truth....". Every time he's mentioned it's you who leaps into the spotlight with endless unfounded denunciations. The only link so far was one I provided which you copied. You're obsessed with his guilt but can't prove a thing. I suggest you aim a bit higher and see where that gets you.

Edited by bradiston
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

You invent something (his PR machine) and then proclaim how nobody believes in it. Nobody believes you, you mean, not him. And what's the deflection into those "who truly care..." etc etc. I remember your attacks on the cha cha gang based on the same argument. Well at least you had an argument back then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

You invent something (his PR machine) and then proclaim how nobody believes in it. Nobody believes you, you mean, not him. And what's the deflection into those "who truly care..." etc etc. I remember your attacks on the cha cha gang based on the same argument. Well at least you had an argument back then.

And I believe that time will bear out the fact that I have a good argument now too. 

He was Pravit's boy and allegedly his bagman.  But now Thaksin is back he feels invincible because his father was the police driver of Thaksin's (ex)-wife's father who was a top police general.

23 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

He was Pravit's boy and allegedly his bagman.  But now Thaksin is back he feels invincible because his father was the police driver of Thaksin's (ex)-wife's father who was a top police general.

Yeah, and Lloyd George knew my father.