Mobile CREDIt Draining away

Hi All,

A problem with my TrueH SIM .

I am presently in Europe - my Mobile has a UK SIM plus my TrueH SIm.

My Thai SIM Credit is being 'eroded' maybe a small amount each day  - really annoying.

I have topped up several times and off it goes down again bit by bit each day - but not an exact amounts e.g 20 Baht.

I have been right through the phone settings and actuallly switched OFF the Thai SIM in SIM manager but still the Credit keeps being 'chipped' away.

Roaming of course is OFF - in fact everything I can think of is OFF.

I need Thai SIM for various Thai situations so want to leave in Phone - I just switch it ON if needed - check the CREDIT etc.

Is there any way to actually see what these small Debits are??

Maybe something not to my phone SIM - something elsewhere - TrueH?

Any all ideas more than welcome.

Best Rgds

Thats very strange... 

Do you have The True iService App ?...   and checked that Roaming is turned off not just on your phone, but also on the 'account' itself. 

As an experiment, have you removed the SIM for a day or two and see what happens ?

Also... From the True iService App - you can chat with customer service and ask them. 

• Like 1

I had a similar situation with a 12Call sim

Was some spammy daily charging 'service' the help at the call centre stopped it, refunded me and put a block on the account stopping any such BS from enacting itself in the future

9 hours ago, factseeker said:

Roaming of course is OFF - in fact everything I can think of is OFF.

Be sure the data is off and only wifi on, when the data is turned on the sim will charge data fees. If the phone is wifi calling capable then you’re good to go, if not then get an iPhone or other wifi calling device.

I had this in the past and it was due to some services i had used in the past and they were able to claim small fees without my permission. I had to go to a True office and get them to block tham all.

• Agree 1

Check your apps, and disable the data function. Use WiFi only. I had the same situation in Oz.

Quite a few game apps quietly nibble in the background.

On 4/18/2024 at 3:00 AM, novacova said:

Be sure the data is off and only wifi on, when the data is turned on the sim will charge data fees. If the phone is wifi calling capable then you’re good to go, if not then get an iPhone or other wifi calling device.

Hi NovaCova,

Thnxs for reply - will check that out - I think the whole situation started up when I used a TrueH Wiifi package for first time - I usually have my Huawei Router with me.

Just checked this morning - down to 6 Bhat again.  ;o))

Will try the 'Data OFF' see how it goes.

Cheers

On 4/17/2024 at 5:55 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Thats very strange... 

Do you have The True iService App ?...   and checked that Roaming is turned off not just on your phone, but also on the 'account' itself. 

As an experiment, have you removed the SIM for a day or two and see what happens ?

Also... From the True iService App - you can chat with customer service and ask them. 

Hi Richard,

That is my next more - SIM out - just did it - all Apps I need still seem to work ok,

Thnxs Reply.

On 4/17/2024 at 8:19 PM, Regyai said:

I had a similar situation with a 12Call sim

Was some spammy daily charging 'service' the help at the call centre stopped it, refunded me and put a block on the account stopping any such BS from enacting itself in the future

Hi,

Yes that sort of thing rather than a more Tech situation is my main worry  - thnxs

On 4/18/2024 at 11:10 AM, al valio said:

Check in the True iService App if you have a "subscription" active. That was the reason my account credit was slowly drained (of course I never subscribed...).

Plenty to check - will do that - thnxs.

Hi Everyone,

On checking Internet I found the excerpt below - problem is although True Control codes e.g #123# = Balance work ok for me in Europe.  The *137 as per below does not - anyone any ideas on this? 

I tried making it as a Call but No Not recognised from here.

......................................................................................

Eventually, I got around to looking it up and found that it’s very easy to unsubscribe from the SMS spam sent by True themselves:

1. Call *137 from the phone you want to unsubscribe (I had to put the SIM from my tablet into a phone to make the call).
  2. Press 9 for English.
  3. Follow the automated instructions (as of 2014, you press 1 to unsubscribe from SMS spam although this may have been changed to pressing 2 in April, 2020.).

I have now narrowed my 'Credit Eating' down to 2 TXT which come in regularly.

They tell me I will be lucky if I keep Silver Fish etc,etc. Names   Taiduang    TamnaiChock

Problem is it seems to be hitting the Credit by maybe 20 Bhat a time.

From outside Thailand is there any Control Code to stop all txts - best for the moment.

Control Codes like #123# work fine from my location.

I would put a STOP on them but No Tel for the Txts

Happened to me about 6 years ago.  Seems I had inadvertently (or by a con) signed up for a music channel.  

Only ID'd it when the amounts were consistent month after month.

Solution?  Contact True and CANCEL EVERYTHING you did not specifically approve.

It WILL be a long wait...  they help line is VERY ...  slow.