Pattaya Beach Road Needs Shade Trees

Banana7

7 hours ago, Henryford said:

That's why i never go to Pattaya beach. I am sure they cut down all the trees to force you to pay for the deckchairs to get any shade. I go to Jomtien beach which has a few trees left but sure they will go soon too.

Almost no one goes to HOT Pattaya beach anymore Sunrise to Sunset 365 days a year...Go there any day of the week except festival days.....There are almost no people there ......I challenge anyone here to go see for yourself.... 

Edited by redwood1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, LALes said:

Every soi in Bangkok needs shade trees, too.

Yes the seating removal and tree cutting is a world wide epidemic.....Its not only happening in Pattaya...

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, actonion said:

The Beach side of  Pattaya Beach Rd used  to have many Concrete Benches  under Trees,      I read somewhere the reason they were both taken away was   because they installed  tall  Flood Lights,  so say,  for the safety of Tourists,   and the Tree's were in the way, the Benches were taken away to stop   the ladies of the night  sitting  there... both reasons were  a waste of time, and money , Tourists still get problems from pick pockets  there,   and the Ladies still sit 

Yep.....The ladies go to the beach same as before but now they are only a little less comfortable.........And what did this cost?.....Over the last 10 years they have spent over 2 Billion baht yes I said Billion ......To make ladies a little less comfortable...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Tailwagsdog said:

The world is full of whining complaining people who do nothing else. What voluntary organisations do you participate in? Is this your home? If so then get off your whining butt and get involved with some green minded Thais, do stuff, assist, participate instead of being a morning moaner ...

You might make some Thai friends, get busy, get some fulfillment,  and not have time for complaining .....

No work permit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Almost no one goes to HOT Pattaya beach anymore Sunrise to Sunset 365 days a year...Go there any day of the week except festival days.....There are almost no people there ......I challenge anyone here to go see for yourself.... 

Weiird, isn't it? It's like people are afraid of the sun here.

Contrast with Mexico where everyone is out there sunbathing and playing volleyball all day.

Edited by JimTripper

They had big trees and everyone complained about the rats. 

Stupid people walk at beaches here at noon anyway.  If you want though then wear sunscreen, a big Gilligan hat. a bottle of water, a cool wet towel around your neck, and carry an Umbrella. Don't worry about others think cuz you will probably be the only person out there.

Edited by bkk6060

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Yes the seating removal and tree cutting is a world wide epidemic.....Its not only happening in Pattaya...

Disagree - it's not worldwide - People try it on but in UK we have 'NIMBYS' (not in my back yarders) who act to conserve things - acting as a break on profiteers - seems to be less pushback in Thailand due to brazen corruption and the "I know my place"-ness of Thais. 

Non coconut heads realise that seating and greenery have value and, long term, selling and concreting over any green spaces creates a hellscape & decreases value - not that many care about the long term there - Pattaya & Thailand especially egregious.

Also contributes to the heat making the place basically unliveable outside of air conditioned spaces for much of the year.

TBF though, green spaces do require more maintenance than simple concrete.

As another poster said, it's ALL about money with Thais  - they're Bahtists - true believers.

Consequently, every year the country gets more ugly and charmless.

Sad to see but it's their country to ruin.

Edited by BigBruv
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

This is exactly what needs to happen.....The Entire walkway needs to be napalmed then bulldozed, cleared of everything except the few remaining shade trees and rebuilt again from bare dirt.....Its the only way to make things nice again..

Did napalming Vietnam not teach you anything? 🔥🔥There will be zero trees left! Beware of American friendly fire. 🤔

42 minutes ago, Lancelot01 said:

I thought that when I was in Pattaya a few weeks ago.

It strikes me that the trees were 'trimmed' to enable the beach vendors to charge a little extra for their beach umbrellas. 

I wonder who bribed slipped a brown envelope to someone for that to happen!

Del Boy?

PS'  Del Boy is a famous UK sitcom street trader character!

Only Fools and Horses - Wikipedia

• Agree 1

Jomtien Beach down towards view talay 7 and especially dongtan beach have lots of trees and there are plenty of thais and others who sit under them everyday...it is wonderful....lets hope they dont decide to cut them all down.  Seems a lot of beach chair vendors also do good biz as some tourists love to sit in the hot sun instead of the shade.

Pattaya beach recently put in a few dozen benches  toward  the dusit end of the beach....for sure wish they would put more and plant shade trees instead of palm trees....maybe more maintenance or someone has a deal to supply palm trees and make a pile of $$.

It is indeed very hot much of the day to try and walk the pattaya beach route.

• Like 1

Screenshot_2024-04-20-06-23-59-877_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.fd7e45398d583416f8c71a6d728ad72b.jpgScreenshot_2024-04-20-06-23-03-571_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.92e34bca0d3f20c4a9452e59099979bd.jpg

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

Jomtien Beach down towards view talay 7 and especially dongtan beach have lots of trees and there are plenty of thais and others who sit under them everyday...it is wonderful....lets hope they dont decide to cut them all down.  Seems a lot of beach chair vendors also do good biz as some tourists love to sit in the hot sun instead of the shade.

Plans to turn Jomtien beach into a parking lot. And also now another Pattaya beach makeover.

• Sad 1

Haven't read the thread, but my understanding is that the 'beach deckchair people' paid good money to have the original trees ripped out so people would have to pay for shade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A horrible reality all over the world especially in SE Asia. If a tree does not produce fruit or income here it will be removed and sold for the wood value. They absolutely do not care about nature or beautiful animals like elephants here.

I was looking at a place for sale, some land and I asked about the trees, and he said' Oh they will stay they produce fruit.

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2024 at 2:25 PM, redwood1 said:

Yep.....The ladies go to the beach same as before but now they are only a little less comfortable.........And what did this cost?.....Over the last 10 years they have spent over 2 Billion baht yes I said Billion ......To make ladies a little less comfortable...

And line the pockets  of others

• Thumbs Up 1

Part of the mindset here is that Singapore is the most advanced society in SE Asia, which it is, in many ways. Since they can't replicate Singapore, they opt to pour concrete over as much as possible, install floodlights and destroy anything that might be the color green. At least it kind of looks like it then.

Edited by rexpotter
  • Sad 1

I explained once to the kind gentle security guard in Chiang Mai how black absorbs heat. i showed him a white car in the parking lot, and a black one. He touched each of them and was amazed.

Screenshot_2024-04-23-09-05-33-558_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.117df24b461b3861da920c37e8535358.jpg

On 4/21/2024 at 1:16 PM, redwood1 said:

Its not just they ruined the beach in the day times but they covered the beach with those heavy duty floodlights....The same kind they use in prison yards....To say these lights are a ambiance killer is a understatement..

Yes but those lights sure make the long view at night.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Screenshot_2024-04-23-09-05-33-558_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.117df24b461b3861da920c37e8535358.jpg

Yes but those lights sure make the long view at night.

This is a almost great picture ( if it was not blurry) but anyways just look at all those lights FLOODING the beach with that harsh lighting......Yuck...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/21/2024 at 1:16 PM, redwood1 said:

Its not just they ruined the beach in the day times but they covered the beach with those heavy duty floodlights....The same kind they use in prison yards....To say these lights are a ambiance killer is a understatement..

The very very very very best time at the beach is just as the sun is setting and before the bloody floodlights kick in.....Maybe 30 minutes a day....

Heartless