bt800,000 Intl. Transfer

23 minutes ago, Dan O said:

And your point is what ?  They both have advantages. For usd the exchange rate i get is comparable to wise and no interbanking FET to deal with and positive documentation. The transfer is generally done in 2 days so not much exchange rate occurs either way. Use whatever you like that serves your purpose. 

lol the point is exactly as I descibed

Wise can send it around via 10 banks in a circle if they want to because the landing amount wont change 1 satang in the process

On the other hand and I quote " The transfer is generally done in 2 days so not much exchange rate occurs either way"

Tell that to the Brits after a certain day in June 2016 !

On 4/20/2024 at 6:17 PM, lopburi3 said:

Sorry but you are very wrong in the case of USD.  Due to fees being based on amount exchanged the exchange rate advantage is lost when sending large amounts from USA due to SWIFT being a fixed rate regardless of amount being sent (or even no fee in some cases).

So far... this is the best answer to OP's question.

A couple of years ago I used a spreadsheet to calculate the best method to send varying amounts to Thailand from my US based bank.  For amounts greater than 21K US$, SWIFT transfers resulted in more ฿ in my Thai account.  WISE was better for smaller amounts.  I think since I did that comparison WISE has increased their fees somewhat.

The OP can do all the calculations for his specific situation.  It's not higher maths.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Chivas said:

lol the point is exactly as I descibed

Wise can send it around via 10 banks in a circle if they want to because the landing amount wont change 1 satang in the process

On the other hand and I quote " The transfer is generally done in 2 days so not much exchange rate occurs either way"

Tell that to the Brits after a certain day in June 2016 !

Your twisting the statements to deflect.   First off this isn't 2016. You go ahead and let wise send it thru 10 banks and every bank after the first transfer, if not 1 of there 3 source banks, shows it as a domestic transfer and you need your bank to get a FET document for the transaction.

It has nothing to do with the exchange rate but i guess that too confusing for you to understand. Not the same with Swift, its bank to bank direct.  Have a good day im done with you on this. 

• Agree 1