Inexplicable error message with “90 Days Online”

I have been using the option to file the "90-day report" online for over two years and it has always worked perfectly... until now.

When I sent the report at the end of last week, everything initially looked good. As usual, shortly after sending it, I received a confirmation that my report had been received, including a PDF file of my report.

The next day I received a nasty surprise via email with the following content: "Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected. Incorrect entry date upon entry into the kingdom/ Incorrect visa expiration date." 😱

A check of the report I received as a PDF file the day before showed that the information on my report was correct and all the data exactly matched that of the last 25 successful reports.

I then tried a second time to send the "90-day report" at the beginning of this week, with the same result. Since the time until the deadline was now running short, I drove to immigration in Jomtien on Wednesday to clarify the problem on site. However, at the "90-day desk" I was only informed that they couldn't help me and that I would probably have to come back for every report. 🤯

Does anyone have an idea how to solve the problem with the obviously incorrect processing of the data so that I can continue to process "90 days" online?

My first idea was to delete my registration and then register again, but there is no way to delete the entry. I doubt whether a new registration would automatically overwrite the old one. In the worst case scenario, I would be reported there twice and receive duplicate emails. The chaos would then be complete.

I'm grateful for any advice... except the recommendation to go back to reporting to immigration on site from now on. 🙏

Wife had exactly the same message and so did at least another member "Incorrect entry date upon entry into the kingdom/ Incorrect visa expiration date." 

Obviously some glitch in the system as input info was same as many times before and correct. Same rejection on trying once more!

Went to the Chiang Mai drive in where I explained what response we had received from the system. The officers response was a smile as he returned the completed up to date notification with passport.

No point calling no point asking as it appears nobody knows. TIT

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, zenobit said:

I have been using the option to file the "90-day report" online for over two years and it has always worked perfectly... until now.

Have you renewed your passport recently?  That seems a possible factor in some other cases as reported here.

Not a solution but may help to eventually pinpoint the problem ...

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Lee65 said:

Have you renewed your passport recently?  That seems a possible factor in some other cases as reported here.

No, I haven't renewed my passport since I started to make the 90 day report online.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just did my first on line report and all went well except the CAPTIVA thing, there was nothing there and wouldn't reset ..Played with a lot of things, disconnected VPN and finally at the bottom of screen clicked start a new application, hit that and in that screen the CAPTIVA populated, went back to returning applicant and bingo CAPTIVA worked.  I'm not real tech savvy and was surprised yesterday the email came with the new 90 day extension...  Dumb luck...? Sorry for those with issues but my first try we muddled through... Sure beats driving to Jomtien...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, zenobit said:

...."Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected. Incorrect entry date upon entry into the kingdom/ Incorrect visa expiration date."...

Had the exact same problem and reason given 2 months ago....and, like your situation, all my filed information was exactly correct.  I ended up filing in person (using the same form they email back to acknowledge receipt of your filing......of course, with the exact same info they erroneously claimed was incorrect) without a hitch or question.  Guess I'll find out in June if I can use the online filing again.

Who or what receives and reviews the TM47 filings is unknown to me but obviously the system screws up on occasion.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

It's the main reason I use an agent, why can't Immigration get some computer science people to set up and maintain their online services. Probably a case of nepotism, which is rife in Government departments in Thailand. It's a case of not what you know but who you know.

I think it is because no competition and Immigration doesn’t really buy into it Look at online retailers. If their sites are hard to use they lose custom

The more painless and efficient online immigration services become the less justification for the huge cadres of officers and that will end up with less headcount and slower promotions. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, zenobit said:

I'm grateful for any advice... except the recommendation to go back to reporting to immigration on site from now on.

Exactly the same happened to me. I ended up driving to Korat, spend about 1 minute doing the report at the office, and returning. A waste of 5 hours and about 200 kms.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Re: The next day I received a nasty surprise via email with the following content: "Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected. Incorrect entry date upon entry into the kingdom/ Incorrect visa expiration date

There may be a possible reason for this, I believe that the IMM database and 90-day online reporting database were never connected to share information real-time.

You recall months back, we had this significant 4 to 5 day 90-day online reporting outage for significant maintenance.??????

Just an assumption, that if your details were correct, it may be possible that they finally have this IMM database to 90-day online database connection established.

But, like most Thailand software, it's not working as conceived and pulling records from the wrong user index database records for your details.

BTW I have VPN and find issues when it is activated with the 90-day online reporting system.

PS. This could be resolved quick and simple if IMM had the smarts and initiatives to resolve it.

On the error, ask if the user requires more details, if yes, generate a msg with a security code to the user with a request to enter the security code sent to your mobile.

Once the security code is confirmed, a link opens where you can click to show you what information is required in your form field in error. (no guarantee it will be the correct information)

If that does not resolve the issue, make an REAL English-speaking support hot line desk available for 90-day online issues.

I had the same thing. Had to go to CW and got an "explanation" that made no sense. The place was  crowded. My conclusion and that of many here was that the system is just down. 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, zenobit said:

When I sent the report at the end of last week, everything initially looked good. As usual, shortly after sending it, I received a confirmation that my report had been received, including a PDF file of my report.

The next day I received a nasty surprise via email with the following content: "Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected. Incorrect entry date upon entry into the kingdom/ Incorrect visa expiration date." 😱

A check of the report I received as a PDF file the day before showed that the information on my report was correct and all the data exactly matched that of the last 25 successful reports.

I then tried a second time to send the "90-day report" at the beginning of this week, with the same result. Since the time until the deadline was now running short, I drove to immigration in Jomtien on Wednesday to clarify the problem on site. However, at the "90-day desk" I was only informed that they couldn't help me and that I would probably have to come back for every report. 🤯

Does anyone have an idea how to solve the problem with the obviously incorrect processing of the data so that I can continue to process "90 days" online?

My first idea was to delete my registration and then register again, but there is no way to delete the entry. I doubt whether a new registration would automatically overwrite the old one. In the worst case scenario, I would be reported there twice and receive duplicate emails. The chaos would then be complete.

I'm grateful for any advice... except the recommendation to go back to reporting to immigration on site from now on. 🙏

Me too – so, I went to the immigration office and they didn't even wish to se my print of TM47, just my passport, took a few minutes to get a new slip stapled into it with another 90-days...:thumbsup:

I had exactly the same experience when I submitted my last 90 day report online. I had been using online 90 day reports successfully for over a year. 

I received a rejection email saying that I should report to my local Immigration office, which is Chonburi Immigration. They issued my 90 day report without question.

• Agree 1

On 4/19/2024 at 2:01 PM, zenobit said:

The next day I received a nasty surprise

Did you use the magnifying glass option - after entering your passport number and country of origin - to auto-fill from your previous filing?

Have you filed a TM 30 on the NEW online system?

17 hours ago, yankyoakum said:

Sorry for those with issues but my first try we muddled through... Sure beats driving to Jomtien...

Even if it would took three hours to fill out the application via PC, I would still prefer that more than driving to immigration in Jomtien. But it looks like I'll have to do it every three months again after a two-year break. 😖

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, CMBob said:

Who or what receives and reviews the TM47 filings is unknown to me ...

That is the most important question, but no one in immigration can or wants to answer who is responsible for 90-Days-Online-Version ... because they don't want that "customers" solve such problems independently. 🙄

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

The more painless and efficient online immigration services become the less justification for the huge cadres of officers and that will end up with less headcount and slower promotions. 

That's the point.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, HuaHinNew said:

On the error, ask if the user requires more details, if yes, generate a msg with a security code to the user with a request to enter the security code sent to your mobile.

This content is written at the end of the rejected application:

"...This email is auto-generated. Please do not reply. In case of any queries, please contact ROYAL THAI POLICE IMMIGRATION BUREAU..."

There is no phone number or email address associated with 90 Days Online... and when I personally asked for help at the immigration office, they explained to me that in such a case no one can help and I should  have to do the notification manually again.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, enigma said:

I had exactly the same experience when I submitted my last 90 day report online. I had been using online 90 day reports successfully for over a year. 

I received a rejection email saying that I should report to my local Immigration office, which is Chonburi Immigration. They issued my 90 day report without question.

To be honest, I'm beginning to suspect that it's intentional because they don't want more and more foreigners living here to use the online system and therefore less staff on site. 🤐

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Did you use the magnifying glass option - after entering your passport number and country of origin - to auto-fill from your previous filing?

I've been using the magnifying glass function since the beginning of using "90-Days-Online" ... so for two years.

I filed a TM 30 with my wife in Jomtien at the beginning of December 2023 (not online). Then in January 2024 "90-Days-Online" was sent as usual and confirmed without any problems. The same procedure with the same entries was then rejected three months later (i.e. last week).

22 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Is the mag glass option new?  I never noticed it before my last app but sure makes the whole process even easier.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Maybe its a bit different up country but whenever I have a problem with the 90 day online reporting, which has been rare, I ring our Imm office and they sort it out in a jiffy.

I drove to immigration in Jomtien on last Wednesday to clarify the problem on site. However, at the "90-day desk" I was only informed that they couldn't help me and that I would probably have to come back for every report. 

Edited by zenobit
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, zenobit said:

To be honest, I'm beginning to suspect that it's intentional because they don't want more and more foreigners living here to use the online system and therefore less staff on site. 🤐

Enough with the paranoia. They didn't have to create an online system in the first place.

I had the same problem. After many acceptances, I got rejected, even with multiple tries. Nothing had changed.

My theory is they want you to go there for a little personal verification and after that the online will work again for you. I visited the office and gave 'em all the evidence they wanted. 

But it's not time yet to test the theory, so we'll see.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BigStar said:

...My theory is they want you to go there for a little personal verification and after that the online will work again for you....

If that were the case, then it could also be justified as an “additional security check” and no one would have to worry that the system would no longer work.

47 minutes ago, zenobit said:

If that were the case, then it could also be justified as an “additional security check” and no one would have to worry that the system would no longer work.

The system lacks coding to display any "additional security check" message for rejections, and perhaps with the added condition of only for particular cases. Further, IOs would be questioned about the reason for the security check, which could be different according to visa holder, and that would just mean additional overhead. The IO on the front desk doesn't even know.

So that can still be the case. But it's only a theory. If my next online 90-day report goes thru, then that would lend credence. We'll never know for sure. Nor does it matter anyway. It is what it is.

I’ve been mailing in my report for years.  I had to go in person once when the new mailing fee was imposed (SMS both ways) but it now is going smoothly. Preparing the TM-47 and mailing it only takes about an hour.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BigStar said:

... We'll never know for sure. Nor does it matter anyway. It is what it is.

For affected foreigners who do not live within an acceptable distance of the responsible immigration office and have to travel long distances for each of the completely unnecessary 90-Days-Reports, it is probably important to know why the system does not work for them anymore and whether it will work again soon.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

I’ve been mailing in my report for years.  I had to go in person once when the new mailing fee was imposed (SMS both ways) but it now is going smoothly. Preparing the TM-47 and mailing it only takes about an hour.

You mean mailing with ThailandPost? Didn't even know that was possible. 😲
Definitely sounds very interesting, especially since I have a small post office in the neighborhood. 😊👍

Which documents need to be sent and which form of delivery do you choose? (registered mail?)

Edited by zenobit

1 hour ago, zenobit said:

For affected foreigners who do not live within an acceptable distance of the responsible immigration office and have to travel long distances for each of the completely unnecessary 90-Days-Reports, it is probably important to know why the system does not work for them anymore and whether it will work again soon.

They aren't going to tell you why. If you knew why, you could still do nothing about it, so it doesn't matter, and Immigration knows it. This is the case with all "whys" farang constantly voice about the goings on in Thailand. Thais themselves have learned to roll with flow.

I'm assuming that after you go to the office the first time it's been consistently refused, the issue will have been sorted out so that online will work again for you. I could be wrong, but, again, it doesn't matter, just speculating. But the system isn't down for everyone nor for everyone who reports to a particular office. 

To address the other aspect of your point, yes, it would be nice to know, for reasons, if it will work again soon, but you'll only know it works when you try it. If it doesn't work again after a few tries, then you'll have to mail in your report or go to the office or just pay the fine at visa extension renewal time. (Some do choose that option.) Or of course pay an agent. It would be wise to try the online system as soon as you can within the 15-days limitation.

Anyone can file the report at the office for you. I used to pay a motorcy taxi driver to do it for me.

By mail, you'd at minimum to send in the form, but I'd include copies of the the passport and yellow book/TM30 as well. In my case, I suspect, though without any real reason, they wanted the last to verify my address. I've never filed a TM30, as I have a yellow book. True, they already had that info from my last visa renewal. But that's in a different computer, LOL. 

Edited by BigStar