media control freaks

always all this bickering, bickering, bickering . 

and the results are in !!    not one of the stuck to their computer warriors has yet to change their stance

or source that they believe gives the TRUE facts .

ah..... but go ahead boys .    the high school bell never rings here on our favorite lunch room 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/14/politics/mitch-mcconnell-foreign-aid/index.html

McConnell defends push for Ukraine aid amid attacks from Trump wing of GOP: ‘Every argument against this is wrong’

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-rules-ukraine-israel-taiwan-aid-package/

151 Republicans voted in favor

what's your point here? Republican leadership is in favor of foreign wars? Of course they are that's always been the case.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

You're an American living in Thailand right? Why are you focused on some country in Eastern Europe? They put that idea in to your head. Ukraine is of no material interest to actual Americans. 

Have you ever been there? It's a fantastic country to visit. A place I would have spent more time except for the invasion by Putin. Thousands are dying. Stunning you don't care.

Written by an actual American. Who cares.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

You have cities in Oz? Next thing you will tell me is that you don't say crikey.

We do say don't come the raw prawn with me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rexpotter said:

Really they don't, I can verify that but they are all over the dam place outside of the city. Its true, but they have too dam many flies. I got married to one from Portsea Melbourne area many years ago. Have some pity.

I once played golf with an American guest who made the mistake of wearing a white polo shirt in summer, his back was covered with flies.

Portsea Golf Club is one of my favorite courses.

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I once played golf with an American guest who made the mistake of wearing a white polo shirt in summer, his back was covered with flies.

Portsea Golf Club is one of my favorite courses.

That's funny. How on earth would someone ever know that in advance? But you Aussies loved giving us yanks <deleted> when I was there 40 years ago. They never stopped, but I was a better man then. They had rough time with me. Food and wine were cheap and top class, best on earth.

2 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

That's funny. How on earth would someone ever know that in advance? But you Aussies loved giving us yanks <deleted> when I was there 40 years ago. They never stopped, but I was a better man then. They had rough time with me. Food and wine were cheap and top class, best on earth.

Yanks are sometimes so up themselves we can't resist the temptation to extract the urine. We can still sell stories of drop bears and hoop snakes to the more credulous.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Depends who you talk to.  Ask the North, and I'm sure their opinion is quite different, and I consider more accurate.

War was never declared, so it was a 'conflict'.   The French relinquished control and agreed to a unified N & S Vietnam, with free election to be held.

Then those with a vested interest, decided against that, and you had your proxy war/conflict.   Which simply postponed the inevitable (as always), but was very profitable for the USA defense contractors.

And that's all that really matters.  Just another profitable attempt at a failed regime change, with the usual invade & occupy, as long as possible.   Deaths ... who cares ... Cha Ching :coffee1:

The election was rigged. Diem was a puppet in place to push western interests.

Anyways, Roo's point is still valid. Comparing Ukraine and Vietnam doesn't make much sense 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, TheFatOne said:

The election was rigged. Diem was a puppet in place to push western interests.

Anyways, Roo's point is still valid. Comparing Ukraine and Vietnam doesn't make much sense 🙂

Depends if it drags on for another 10 years.  Big oil & arms manufacturers are making big profits, and will continue to do so.   Good motivation to keep it going as long as possible.

21 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Depends if it drags on for another 10 years.  Big oil & arms manufacturers are making big profits, and will continue to do so.   Good motivation to keep it going as long as possible.

And American workers are being paid. A vicious cycle, for many countries in the world.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Impossible to compare the Vietnam War to the invasion of Ukraine. Stunning anyone would try.

Not impossible at all. 

The North invaded the South (Russia invaded Ukraine).  The North claimed to be liberating the South from the evil capitalists (Russia claimed they wanted to "de-nazify" Ukraine).  While, in reality, the communists simply wanted to control the South for their own gain (Russia really just wants control of Ukraine for their own gain).

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Clealy you dont. Give me a holler, bless your heart, the next time your crappy little country needs our help to keep you from speaking German, Chinese or Russian

Maybe if you grew up a discussion would be possible but as an illiterate there is no chance of that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Not impossible at all. 

The North invaded the South (Russia invaded Ukraine).  The North claimed to be liberating the South from the evil capitalists (Russia claimed they wanted to "de-nazify" Ukraine).  While, in reality, the communists simply wanted to control the South for their own gain (Russia really just wants control of Ukraine for their own gain).

How many Americans died in each war? Right. Impossible to compare

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

How many Americans died in each war? Right. Impossible to compare

Why do you think it is it impossible to compare the two things?  They have many areas that are similar and are therefore comparable.

11 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

There is plenty of dumb Americans who do. I think over half of them today won't even know why it happened.

And your view concerning why the Vietnam War happened is.....?

Would you agree with this?:  "We fought the war to prevent Indochina from carrying out successful social and economic development. " (Chomsky, Indochina Newsletter, Issue 18, November – December, 1982, pp. 1-5 [October, 1982])

image.png.6dc753bf2048313dc834a68889f528db.png

So far...

We have still not learned much.

"Very little"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

What areas?

The areas I pointed out previously:

"The North invaded the South (Russia invaded Ukraine).  The North claimed to be liberating the South from the evil capitalists (Russia claimed they wanted to "de-nazify" Ukraine).  While, in reality, the communists simply wanted to control the South for their own gain (Russia really just wants control of Ukraine for their own gain)."

They are similar, therefore a comparison is possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Maybe if you grew up a discussion would be possible but as an illiterate there is no chance of that

Translation: I'm afraid to debate.

It's okay little fella I'll go easy on you I'll use small words.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

The areas I pointed out previously:

"The North invaded the South (Russia invaded Ukraine).  The North claimed to be liberating the South from the evil capitalists (Russia claimed they wanted to "de-nazify" Ukraine).  While, in reality, the communists simply wanted to control the South for their own gain (Russia really just wants control of Ukraine for their own gain)."

They are similar, therefore a comparison is possible.

Interesting try, but no. 2 completely different wars. And 2 massively different casualty rates. Impossible to compare.

P.S. Putin isn't trying to liberate Ukraine. He's trying to subjugate them.

1 hour ago, Roo Island said:

Interesting try, but no. 2 completely different wars. And 2 massively different casualty rates. Impossible to compare.

The casualty rates are irrelevant, as those weren't elements that I was comparing. Things don't need to be exactly the same to be able to compare them.

1 hour ago, Roo Island said:

P.S. Putin isn't trying to liberate Ukraine. He's trying to subjugate them.

Precisely. And the North weren't trying to liberate the South in Vietnam.

I'm not sure how you think you can discuss something you don't even appear to understand.

You don't know how to compare things and you don't understand what I wrote. 

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

The casualty rates are irrelevant, as those weren't elements that I was comparing. Things don't need to be exactly the same to be able to compare them.

Precisely. And the North weren't trying to liberate the South in Vietnam.

I'm not sure how you think you can discuss something you don't even appear to understand.

You don't know how to compare things and you don't understand what I wrote. 

I understand what you wrote very well. Since my father was a Vietnam vet, and was probably killed by agent orange, along with many of his friends and almost 60,000 other Americans. No. Impossible to compare. I guess we could compare the Ukraine War to WW1 and WW2. Impossible.

On 4/20/2024 at 9:58 AM, Lacessit said:

Ukraine is of interest to anyone who remembers what the Iron Curtain was like, with half of Europe stagnating under the Soviet banner.

Putin has repeatedly said he wants the Soviet Union restored to its former glory. He won't stop at Ukraine if he wins there.

You are simply too young to remember those times.

Yes. Hungary and Czechoslovakia too. And what was the 'former glory'? All satellite countries remember best is the oppression.

• Agree 1

On 4/20/2024 at 9:05 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

Way too few for the population size, have any reasonable intelligence, over there. Specially if looking how rich and developed they used to be. Let's be real here, most Americans would think that Washington is a country.

Only 3 or 4 days ago a new 3 or 4 minute video, presenter asking Americans on the streets about US cities etc., etc. The number of correct answers is still very low.

On 4/20/2024 at 5:42 PM, rattlesnake said:

Indeed. Nowadays, warmongering propaganda is less effective as lots of Ukrainians don't want to die for NATO puppet Zelenski. And rightly so.

stupid comment.