media control freaks

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Those who forget the lessons of history are condemned to repeat them.

Those who learn what's profitable from history, will repeat it.

The theory (spin) was ... bombs are made to prevent wars.

The reality ... wars are made to sell bombs.   

People dying is simply part of the profit making.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Yagoda said:

Its Friday. Another dude who doesnt know any Americans.

Unfortunately I do know a lot of Americans. Pity you have such a ridiculously silly attitude. I assume if you are American you are of the hill billy genre.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Your argument is Putin will stop after he wins in Ukraine. Where are your facts and evidence to support that?

Well I can start the digression by asking if you realisticly beleive that Putin is an actual danger of "winning" against Nato, considering he will be fighting in the Ukraine until he dies, US aid or not.

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Those who learn what's profitable from history, will repeat it.

The theory (spin) was ... bombs are made to prevent wars.

The reality ... wars are made to sell bombs.   

People dying is simply part of the profit making.

AFAIK the US is doing very well for itself in that field, whereas those nations who bought Russian armaments are having considerable buyer's remorse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Photoguy21 said:

Unfortunately I do know a lot of Americans. Pity you have such a ridiculously silly attitude. I assume if you are American you are of the hill billy genre.

Clealy you dont. Give me a holler, bless your heart, the next time your crappy little country needs our help to keep you from speaking German, Chinese or Russian

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Yagoda said:

Well I can start the digression by asking if you realisticly beleive that Putin is an actual danger of "winning" against Nato, considering he will be fighting in the Ukraine until he dies, US aid or not.

Putin could conceivably win against NATO if it is neutered by Trump.

Ukrainians have to kill 8 Russians for every casualty on their side to even achieve parity.

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Putin could conceivably win against NATO if it is neutered by Trump.

Ukrainians have to kill 8 Russians for every casualty on their side to even achieve parity.

Somehow defending yourself is not in their vocabulary? Europe needs Uncle Sam LOL

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Way too few for the population size, have any reasonable intelligence, over there. Specially if looking how rich and developed they used to be. Let's be real here, most Americans would think that Washington is a country.

Are you referring to the United States? Or South America? Can you please clarify. Thai's are experts in geography as well know. My favorite question from them is. Is it hot in America?.

1 minute ago, Yagoda said:

Somehow defending yourself is not in their vocabulary? Europe needs Uncle Sam LOL

IIRC Europe certainly needed Uncle Sam in the aftermath of WWII, hence the Berlin Airlift and the Marshall Plan.

Why did you choose a nom-de-plume whose namesake headed up the NKVD during Stalin's purge of 1934 - 1936, only to be executed in 1938?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

Are you referring to the United States? Or South America? Can you please clarify. Thai's are experts in geography as well know. My favorite question from them is. Is it hot in America?.

Before you get too conceited on geography, please note most Americans think Australian cities have kangaroos hopping up and down our thoroughfares.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Clealy you dont. Give me a holler, bless your heart, the next time your crappy little country needs our help to keep you from speaking German, Chinese or Russian

Oh no,another one!

If it wasn't for the help of Germans you would still be a colony of the UK.

Read and learn.

Any chance you are not a native American?

Edited by jvs
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Way too few for the population size, have any reasonable intelligence, over there. Specially if looking how rich and developed they used to be. Let's be real here, most Americans would think that Washington is a country.

Says the person that uses 18pt type to post in a forum lol.

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Before you get too conceited on geography, please note most Americans think Australian cities have kangaroos hopping up and down our thoroughfares.

Really they don't, I can verify that but they are all over the dam place outside of the city. Its true, but they have too dam many flies. I got married to one from Portsea Melbourne area many years ago. Have some pity.

2 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Why? it's another pointless war promoted by governments, high society elites and media companies.

Do you have a response which isn't propaganda talking points by said groups? I wasn't around for Vietnam (born 82) but I was told that's how it was back then too.

and.......... big, big corporations and tech monopolies

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yagoda said:

No one in the USA really gives a rats anus about the Ukraine except for the neo con chattering classes and their corrupt Biden enablers.

You really need a better source for your news. Seriously.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/14/politics/mitch-mcconnell-foreign-aid/index.html

McConnell defends push for Ukraine aid amid attacks from Trump wing of GOP: ‘Every argument against this is wrong’

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-rules-ukraine-israel-taiwan-aid-package/

151 Republicans voted in favor

51 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

He asked for facts. Do you have any?

58 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IIRC Europe certainly needed Uncle Sam in the aftermath of WWII, hence the Berlin Airlift and the Marshall Plan.

Why did you choose a nom-de-plume whose namesake headed up the NKVD during Stalin's purge of 1934 - 1936, only to be executed in 1938?

Hank? He had a fabulous mustache and loved sex toys.

56 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You have cities in Oz? Next thing you will tell me is that you don't say crikey.

56 minutes ago, jvs said:

Oh no,another one!

If it wasn't for the help of Germans you would still be a colony of the UK.

Read and learn.

Any chance you are not a native American?

Thank God you didn't say French.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roo Island said:

OMG. You seriously believe that? Incredible.

You're an American living in Thailand right? Why are you focused on some country in Eastern Europe? They put that idea in to your head. Ukraine is of no material interest to actual Americans. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

He asked for facts. Do you have any?

Well we can start talking about their success so far against the two-bit country they're fighting. You don't think the the Poles wouldn't kick their ass like they did back in the '20s?