I now live next door to my wife

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Bob Smith  

She looks in here a bit.  Bob is def on the B list of wanna meet. As she's said about more than one poster here:

"He's no StickyRiceBalls".

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

No ... NO ... seems impractical. 

Me & wife are together 24/7, but not.  I'm taking the dog for walks, looking for elusive birds,

Soi 6?

Looking for elusive birds?

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Personally, I would not waste my time with a woman as old as I.

For me, the perfect age is either 42 or 24, depending on my mood.

I like to look at 24's. But, I like to talk to 42's.

Any older than 42, and women become too saggy and baggy for me to wish to start up with them some sort of unconventional new relationship.

For me, the best option, and I have thought about this often, would be this:

a. I move to a new place with twice as much land as I now have.

b. I move into the big house.

c. I build a prefab type bungalow on the opposite side of my property, something comfortable but not too big.

d. Then, I just install an intercom system between the big house and the slave quarters, and I bet I will have it made in the shade.

e. I don't like to share time with a partner when I would prefer to be alone.

f. I could just buzz her if I felt like having a game of Chinese chess, or a cup of tea, or a massage, or almost anything.

This would be the perfect setup for me....A "big house" with slave quarters on the same property.

I am confident that I would be able to easily find a few 42's to occupy the bungalow.

But, I also think that setting this up might just be too much trouble for me, at present.

Sick...

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Then, I just install an intercom system between the big house and the slave quarters,

This would be the perfect setup for me....A "big house" with slave quarters on the same property.

Must viewing for Gamma (and anyone who loves exploitation trash like he does):

Yes, Mandingo. Yes, the story of a man and his dingo.

*Astonishing trivia: Soundtrack featuring Blues God, Muddy Waters.

Some additional thoughts -should you ever find yourself next door-bound:

-Like divorce, Living Apart Together is almost always initiated by the woman (often due to exhaustion over unequal home and family labor). 80% of separations end in divorce.

-Covid really blew up this trend. A lot of oldie couple stuck together by themeselves for too long hit the wall in record numbers

-Introvert-types are 75% more likely to want to a separate space.

Interesting. I think it mimics what happens when couples are younger and one/both are working. There is an enforced time apart, then meeting at the end of the day. For retired folks, this disappears and they feel "forced" to spend all their time together.

Having a "man cave" is great for this. Women can have their space too of course. Best if your house is big enough to have both- one private room for each person. My wife knocks when she wants to see me in my cave, or sometimes sends a text message saying "dinner is ready" or the like. I do the same when she is off in her private space. 

As for sleeping, we find that using the same bed but using different blankets works. It is a king bed, but with two separate sets of single sized bedding. That way we can keep our own temperatures without sweating or freezing. Or if one person rolls over, they don't drag the covers off their partner. 

On 4/20/2024 at 4:30 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

The perverts on this forum will only be interested on who you are banging , whether you are banging her or whether you got a newer model in 

blardy perverts?

On 4/20/2024 at 4:25 PM, Prubangboy said:

It's the best thing that ever happened to us.

We're much more affectionate and into each other with a little distance between us (about 2 meters). I pretty much never initiate seeing her, she texts me if she wants to hang out. Sometimes (seldom) I demur.

I'm getting a ton more done for myself, like finally learning Thai (via the ThaiPod website). She's playing the piano again. (she's western, not Thai).

I  typically pop over for breakfast (which she enjoys making for me) and then don't see her again till about 6 for dinner and a bit of Netflix. I sleep in her bed maybe 3-4 nights a week, her in mine 1-2, and then sometimes it's great for either of us to just take a pass.

LIving Apart Together is now a huge trend among older couples. It saves a lot of relationships from divorce.

We were just too in each other's faces for too long and became a bit co-dependent. I am reminded of an old country song: How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?

Have You? Would you? Why or why not?

My wife recently bought a second home for her and her parents to live in as financially it makes more sense. 

She now live predominantly with her parents around 15mins away. At the moment I work some huge hours, up to &0hrs a week so I rarely see her other than a few ours here and there and she may stay with me 1 or 2 nights a week or less. 

For me it’s absolutely fantastic. I can work and come home to a quiet, clean house (her mum  leans twice a week) and she gets all the time in the world to watch crappy tv series and relax after work each day 

Add in the extra bonus of her and her family eventually owning another asset over our previous primary residence it’s a perfect situation 

• Like 2

On 4/20/2024 at 7:30 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

The perverts on this forum will only be interested on who you are banging , whether you are banging her or whether you got a newer model in 

Would one of those @perverts be Nick??

On 4/20/2024 at 5:29 PM, simon43 said:

When I lived in north Phuket, I lived a few hundred meters away from Thai ex #3 and also a few hundred meters in the other direction from Thai ex #2.  Both had small hotels (10 rooms) that I built for them and I lived in my own little guesthouse in the middle.

This worked out fine (for me), because I was able to pop over to see each ex, do any repairs etc that were needed and so on.

The fly in the ointment was that these 2 exes hated each other!! - a lot of jealousy between them.  I ended up as 'piggy in the middle' 🙂

Did you ever get 'properly' between them, Simon?

Don't really know how you guys get yourselves into these kinds of predicaments. If you want to marry them, tell them straight... I will not follow you, you will live with me! That is it. Stop loving them ffs! 😋 Grow some balls, chaps. 

• Haha 1

It's the best thing that ever happened to us.

We're much more affectionate and into each other with a little distance between us (about 2 meters). I pretty much never initiate seeing her, she texts me if she wants to hang out. Sometimes (seldom) I demur.

I'm getting a ton more done for myself, like finally learning Thai (via the ThaiPod website). She's playing the piano again. (she's western, not Thai).

I  typically pop over for breakfast (which she enjoys making for me) and then don't see her again till about 6 for dinner and a bit of Netflix. I sleep in her bed maybe 3-4 nights a week, her in mine 1-2, and then sometimes it's great for either of us to just take a pass.

LIving Apart Together is now a huge trend among older couples. It saves a lot of relationships from divorce.

We were just too in each other's faces for too long and became a bit co-dependent. I am reminded of an old country song: How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?

Have You? Would you? Why or why not?

I've known couples who had different sleep habits so they decided to sleep in different rooms and like you and your wife they slept in each others beds sometimes and in their own other times.  

Sometimes the guy wants to stay up util 4 am playing video games, sometime the wife wants to stay up watching TV.... lots of reasons why two people don't both want to go to sleep at the same time.  If both are working maybe mid week they both need sleep and sleeping together is too distracting for one or both. 

I think it's a pretty decent idea actually.

• Like 2

If it works for the op and wife then good for you....most people have enough to deal with in figuring out their own relationship arrangements without trying to tell other couples what they should do.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Having a "man cave" is great for this. Women can have their space too of course. 

We had this back in the states. I had an office (no actual work was ever knowingly done in it) and she had a crafts room (a very messy crafts room that I strove never to open the door of).

We would never knock before entering each other's spaces, but I can see that as an act of boundary-respecting love.

The psychological boost of having lockable doors and separate food has been very uplifting. Not that those doors ever get locked much (and we have keys). And I still eat 80% of my meals at her place.

It's a concrete committment to not taking each other for granted, particularly romantically.

Introverted people really need a lot solo down time to recharge. I never saw her as particularly introverted, given her job and extreme sociability, but I see now that she's been wanting this her whole life.

When I moved out, I left the subpar toaster behind and got a Kitchen Aid one. I saw the old one in the bin and didn't say anything. She's popped over once to toast a bagel in mine that has the proper wide slot. She called first.

I told her to buy a proper toaster, but she says she only wants to toast a bagel maybe once a month and she loves having the free'd up counterspace. Same with the blender, which she actually said "good riddance" about.

Meanwhile, my bathroom no longer looks like the world's biggest handbag interior due to her many, many skin care and beautification needs -now residing on the other side of our shared wall. I had to move large bluetooth speaker from against said wall, like a good neighbor would.

• Like 1

I now live next door to my wife 

It's the best thing that ever happened to us

So now you pay twice the utilities every month, 2 x rents, 2 x electric bills, 2 x water bills etc. every month?

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

Huh, I live 250km away from my Wife, if  I lived with her all day it would do my head in, see her maybe 1-2 times  a  month, I can barely  stand being with myself let alone anyone else.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

1 hour ago, Prubangboy said:

We had this back in the states. I had an office (no actual work was ever knowingly done in it) and she had a crafts room (a very messy crafts room that I strove never to open the door of).

We would never knock before entering each other's spaces, but I can see that as an act of boundary-respecting love.

The psychological boost of having lockable doors and separate food has been very uplifting. Not that those doors ever get locked much (and we have keys). And I still eat 80% of my meals at her place.

It's a concrete committment to not taking each other for granted, particularly romantically.

Introverted people really need a lot solo down time to recharge. I never saw her as particularly introverted, given her job and extreme sociability, but I see now that she's been wanting this her whole life.

When I moved out, I left the subpar toaster behind and got a Kitchen Aid one. I saw the old one in the bin and didn't say anything. She's popped over once to toast a bagel in mine that has the proper wide slot. She called first.

I told her to buy a proper toaster, but she says she only wants to toast a bagel maybe once a month and she loves having the free'd up counterspace. Same with the blender, which she actually said "good riddance" about.

Meanwhile, my bathroom no longer looks like the world's biggest handbag interior due to her many, many skin care and beautification needs -now residing on the other side of our shared wall. I had to move large bluetooth speaker from against said wall, like a good neighbor would.

cant believe how  much sheit women need................already told her shes  still as ugly with it on as  off, dont stop her buying that uselss crap.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

So now you pay twice the utilities every month, 2 x rents, 2 x electric bills, 2 x water bills etc. every month?

Yeah. We live in Cheapskate paradise. It's like $450 extra month.

And like I said, I'm not unhappy having a whole other apartment to relax in.

And I'm finally getting laid again (like, every 10 days).

She's recuperating from some big health hits and is depressed. I have no resentment.

Edited by Prubangboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/20/2024 at 4:49 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't consider myself to be part of that group.

But the question makes sense. What if he or she decides that someone else shares their bed.

Honey, sorry, not today, Noi will join me tonight.

And then?

:hit-the-fan: comes to mind 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Prubangboy said:

Yeah. We live in Cheapskate paradise. It's like $450 extra month.

And like I said, I'm not unhappy having a whole other apartment to relax in.

And I'm finally getting laid again (like, every 10 days).

She's recuperating from some big health hits and is depressed. I have no resentment.

I usually live in my house but been staying in my condo now that it's so hot. 

2015 I bought of the plan 2 condos for my children in a water themed condominium project in Pattaya, about 1.5 km. from my house 

Over the last couple of years my children have grown up (late teeagers), they have no interest so I've been staying there, it's like living in a cave, the house gets so hot but the condo faces east and is always well under 30 degrees, I rarely use the AC. 

I've got a girlfriend, she stays with me regularly, I have been staying in one condo and the girlfriend frequently stays in the other. It's a great feeling to come and go, works well for me.

The extra utilities are not that expensive. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1