Phuket Hospital Appeals for Respectful Conduct from Russian Patients

webfact

4 hours ago, Dan O said:

issue staff and security guards with tasers. That tends to slow down the aggression when it gets above normal acceptable levels

I think the one time that I made the mistake of going to the Bangkok Samui several years ago, the security guard had a gun? Followed me everywhere until the insurance confirmed that they would cover the cost. For that reason alone I went elsewhere for the follow up rabies shots. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

''Multilingual signage and information brochures: Providing clear instructions and information about hospital procedures in multiple languages, including Russian, can help manage patient expectations and avoid misunderstandings."

One loaded precedent...

How many languages, how many procedures?

Oh yes, the procedure about giving your name at the reception, getting a cue number, and waiting for your turn.

All these confusing steps that people of different culture and language seem to understand by intuition....

send them home to Putti.

I watched a program about an A&E department in an English hospital recently. The doctors and nurses were extremely kind as were most of the patients but about 10% were rude trouble makers and violent. The hospital had to employ security staff to protect the doctors and nurses. I expect this is typical throughout the world, I find it hard to believe that the average Russian is worse than anybody else although the unaccustomed hot weather, alcohol and a language problem while on holiday could exaggerate their normal behaviour. I haven't met many Russians but those I have met (small families) spoke bad English and almost seemed to expect rejection from a westerner, once that was overcome they seemed reasonable friendly people.

• Like 1

I watched a program about an A&E department in an English hospital recently. The doctors and nurses were extremely kind as were most of the patients but about 10% were rude trouble makers and violent. The hospital had to employ security staff to protect the doctors and nurses. I expect this is typical throughout the world, I find it hard to believe that the average Russian is worse than anybody else although the unaccustomed hot weather, alcohol and a language problem while on holiday could exaggerate their normal behaviour. I haven't met many Russians but those I have met (small families) spoke bad English and almost seemed to expect rejection from a westerner, once that was overcome they seemed reasonable friendly people.

52 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Yeah, they are and have been uneducated so far:

The Tsar, the writers as Dostoevsky or composers as Rachmaninoff. All uneducated? I suppose many Russians here got a diploma from University, which I can't day probably about most of Expats here.

Do you agree?

that means nothing unless you have class as well. just paper.

• Like 1

Tongue in cheek ... does that translate into Thai? "Mr. Putin, Russian speakers in Phuket need your protection. The Chinese are working with Thai police to "help" tourists. You need to send such folks to help Russian speakers". Could just cut through the time evolvement and just annex Phuket ...

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, malibukid said:

that means nothing unless you have class as well. just paper.

You're talking not about education but manners. Or basic education of values by their parents?

I still have my doubts that those Russians who are here in Thailand, Phuket in particular, are low class. They just enjoy the freedom but obviously don't know the limits. And their diplomas, you're referring to, are not just paper, but acknowledged in many countries as high standard. Do you envy them because of their university diplomas?

1 hour ago, vivananahuahin said:

what can you expect from such uneducated people, this is the result of free visa politic, I cannot understand, of this the government is desesperated about the tourism and financial situation.

why do u think Russians are un educated ?

4 minutes ago, Aleksey75 said:

They don't know what real freedom is. The majority of coming here are just thugs, trying to avoid conscription or any responsibilities or consequences...

To be honest, I didn't meet probably as many as you. Only half a dozen.  We had interesting conversations and I can't agree with your observations in general. I'd say bad behaviour you can find with Ukrainians, Russians, Palestinians, Israelis and all the other citizens from the remaining 192 countries (appr).

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Cultural sensitivity training for staff: Equipping staff with basic knowledge about Russian cultural norms and communication styles could help them better understand patient behavior and de-escalate potentially tense situations.

Patient liaisons or interpreters: Having staff members who speak Russian or can act as liaisons can facilitate communication and ensure clear understanding of instructions and expectations.

This passage describes colonization.

The government have to accept some of the blame by handing out free visa’s to all these Russians who arrived in there 1,000s in an attempt to escape conscription in Putins war against Ukraine . The situation is only going to get worse as Russian mobsters arrive to take over the likes of Phuket 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Are the Russians really that bad here or are people just venting? I don't have any experience with them here, hence the question, but I lived with some Russians in the UK and they were nice straight talking people.

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Charge them more , Why does one need to be aggressive and disrespectful

in a hospital ....now they think they own the place 🙄

regards Worgeordie

Its time to send this pack home asap!