Phuket Hospital Appeals for Respectful Conduct from Russian Patients

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

particularly those from Russia, to exhibit respectful behavior towards medical staff. The statement comes after a reported rise in incidents involving rude and aggressive behavior from some Russian patients.

This appears to have been an issue since 2014 which means the recent surge in Russian tourism in Thailand is nothing new to perceived rudeness.

"Phuket: Are Russians really rude?," By Anton Makhrov,

February 15, 2014 

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-are-russians-really-rude-44624.php

The majority of Russian woman not only beautiful but very sweet ,they know what they want in life and will tell you so ! It’s mainly the men who are very hostile and troublesome and if Thai people think it’s bad now it’s only going to get worse as the mob move in to take control !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

To be honest, I didn't meet probably as many as you. Only half a dozen.  We had interesting conversations and I can't agree with your observations in general. I'd say bad behaviour you can find with Ukrainians, Russians, Palestinians, Israelis and all the other citizens from the remaining 192 countries (appr).

I am from that country and I have lived in different regions - not in Moscow or St. Petersburg - they're different from the rest of the territory. And I can see in the local Telegram channels what the people have become there. Even my friends and relatives are not the ones to me anymore with all their support to Putin and the war ..

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Charge them more , Why does one need to be aggressive and disrespectful

in a hospital ....now they think they own the place 🙄

regards Worgeordie

It is a pity I am not around in these situations. (I am 6ft tall and weight best part of 200 lbs.) The Russians need to understand that Thailand is a culture based on 'kreng jai' (politeness) and cooperation. Anybody here in for some 'total immersion'?

3 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

The majority of Russian woman not only beautiful but very sweet ,they know what they want in life and will tell you so ! It’s mainly the men who are very hostile and troublesome and if Thai people think it’s bad now it’s only going to get worse as the mob move in to take control !

Ditto.

11 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Charge them more , Why does one need to be aggressive and disrespectful

in a hospital ....now they think they own the place 🙄

regards Worgeordie

As Clockwork Orange droogs will tell'em!

Russian women sweet? They are worse than the men. Apparently there are a lot of sex starved men here who are attracted to their outward beauty. Trust me, and from experience and if you get involved you will regret it. Imagine the daughter of Satan.

Edited by rexpotter
word mispelled
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

As I have previously mentioned, I often travel to and from Hong Kong where my Thai wife and I have permanent residency (no local language skills etc as required here).

I mainly go for a change of scene and weather, but also for the excellent (almost free) medical care.

Every appointment slip or registration clearly states that these services are primarily provided for HK residents and that other foreign walk ins may be treated in an emergency,  BUT AT THE FULL COST of the procedure plus medicines.

This is NOT "robbing" the foreigners, and is clearly stated, so no misunderstandings.

Last year I was in the waiting room for a regular check up when a nonresident man (foreigner tourist?) started getting agitated and rowdy about the time it was taking to be seen.

The staff tried their best to appease him, but with no success after 10 minutes, 2 armed policemen (not security guards) arrived and hauled him away.

They don't mess around there!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, rexpotter said:

They only need one sign in russian. You are not welcome, do not enter!

Well that is a bit racist.

There are good and bad people from every country.

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

that means nothing unless you have class as well. just paper.

A lot of this stuff just weirds me out. I spent a week on a Russian ship and got on well with all of them. But, for some reason, Thailand seems to get the worst of them. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

how can they be asking for something the Russians NEVER had

I have met some very nice Russsians and some not so good.

A big population, we should not be painting them all with the same brush.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, mberbae said:

Indeed, Social behavior is rapidly in decline as witnessed by Airline passenger

behavior horror stories.  Who/What's to blame ?

Tik Tok? 😃

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

Russian women sweet? They are worse than the men. Apparently there are a lot of sex starved men here who are attracted to their outward beauty. Trust me, and from experience and if you get involved you will regret it. Imagine the daughter of Satan.

Well it looks like this is going to be another Russian bashing free for all thread.

I have had enough and will not be commenting again.

• Haha 1

Not just a perception by Thais.

"Tuscany, Italy: 'Rude' Russian tourists offered a lesson in manners," By Nick Squires, June 26, 2014 - The Sidney Morning Herald

• "As the summer tourist season approaches, Italians have a message for their rich Russian visitors - you may have money, but you have no manners."
  • "Teaching uncouth Russians how to behave in a more civil way should not be construed as Italian arrogance, he said, but a way of gently shepherding tourists towards more culturally acceptable behaviour."
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Goat said:

Well it looks like this is going to be another Russian bashing free for all thread.

I have had enough and will not be commenting again.

Why, because it's not about Brits.............😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Charge respectable prices and would receive respect in return, I mean really 50,000baht for a splinter!!, Russian's will soon open up medical clinics and treat their own, only a matter of time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Aleksey75 said:

I am from that country and I have lived in different regions - not in Moscow or St. Petersburg - they're different from the rest of the territory. And I can see in the local Telegram channels what the people have become there. Even my friends and relatives are not the ones to me anymore with all their support to Putin and the war ..

I believe it. Not easy for you. I'm sorry.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Goat said:

Well that is a bit racist.

There are good and bad people from every country.

You're right. Then the signboard should be changed into: only for good people.

Problem solved 🙏

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, mran66 said:

I am absolutely not racist and have nothing against Black people (nor any other skin colours), Norwegians nor birds for that matter, whether able to fly or not. However due to personal experiences unfortunately I can not say the same about Russians, and my grandpa can say even less so.

My point was about statistics of well behaving Russians, and as I have quite a few Norwegian neighbors a and was just talking with one of them (white hair white skin guy),  just took them as example thinking what they as people are and what they are not statistically.

I apologize if you understood my point as insulting for Black, that was absolutely not the intention.

He's a troll winding you up. It's obvious to anyone with a brain cell that you were not being racist but merely pointing out the rarity of black african people in nordic countries, which is a fact. 

44 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Hi. my name is Dan and I liked your post.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Brn2Trvl said:

When I was a kid and the bully persisted being a bully to everyone, we gang greeted him on the way home from school. The was the last day he bullied.

Bad education, bad behaviour. Later you had to go to prison even?