Trump trial: Publisher says he suppressed negative news

Social Media

23 hours ago, Tug said:

I find it amusing that trump and his ilk are famous for screaming fake news fake news and here we have it in factual verifiable form as to who the author is and to who’s benefiting………and I believe the women perhaps trump will have to show his junk to the jury 😂 

how can poor Melania control herself while all this is going on..or has she been 'gagged' as well.

• Agree 1

New York Judge Juan Merchan provided the names of over 40 potential witnesses in the trial, where Trump faces 34 felony charges for allegedly falsifying business records over hush money payments to Daniels ahead of the 2016 election.

Those potential witnesses also included members of Trump’s family, including his adult children Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump and Eric Trump, as well as his wife Melania Trump and Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump’s husband.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianbushard/2024/04/15/trump-witnesses-could-include-giuliani-steve-bannon-stormy-daniels-and-these-others-in-hush-money-trial/?sh=40d905142cff

• Like 2

As to comments above whether Melania Trump should be a supporting presence in court:

6.03. Exclusion of Witnesses
(1) Subject to subdivision two, a court may exclude a
witness from a courtroom prior to the time the witness
is anticipated to testify in that proceeding. 

https://nycourts.gov/JUDGES/evidence/6-WITNESSES/6.03_EXCLUSION OF WITNESSES.pdf

This is only the first bar in the cage being erected around Trump by the prosecutors.

If it was illegal to have affairs or employ hookers, there would be a lot more people in jail.

The real meat is in where the hush money came from.

On 4/24/2024 at 2:52 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Before Kennedy's death in 1963, the American press didn't expose his womanising, but people now don't say that was wrong. Seems that it depends on who is "in" or "out" with the American media who they cover for. Remember the media cover up of the Hunter laptop before the last election?

And I recall there's been several stories / reports that hunter biden's laptop contained very little illegal etc., content. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 11:02 PM, Danderman123 said:

Back in the day, it had a big impact on stupid people.

And a big portion of the populace:

- believe what they want to believe, and

- refuse to believe what they don't want to  believe.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 2:52 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Remember the media cover up of the Hunter laptop before the last election?

Can you remind us what illegalities were on Hunter Biden's laptop?

Why hasn't Comer used it to impeach Biden?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The defense was forced by Trump to claim that Trump never had sex with Karen McDougal or Stormy Daniels.

So, if the jury is convinced that Trump is lying about that, they will consider that the rest of his defense is a lie.

My opinion is that a jury will convict a lying defendant.

• Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Media suppressing news?/?  The corny saying "Pot calling the kettle black" comes to mind.

• Confused 1

I guess the Trump fans think if they fill the topic with nonsense, then the impact of the trial will be lessened. Yeah, I don't get that either.

Trump got illegal campaign support from the Enquirer, he made illegal campaign payments to various parties, and he covered it up by claiming it was a business expense.

Anyone doubt this?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The defense was forced by Trump to claim that Trump never had sex with Karen McDougal or Stormy Daniels.

So, if the jury is convinced that Trump is lying about that, they will consider that the rest of his defense is a lie.

My opinion is that a jury will convict a lying defendant.

The defense even had the gall to claim that Trump was a family man. I mean, seriously? Especially in NY, everyone who hasn’t been living under a rock knows that that is a blatant lie. Building your defense on obvious lies is not exactly very clever, to say the least.

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You're expecting him to substantiate his claims  are you? 😀

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

The defense even had the gall to claim that Trump was a family man. I mean, seriously? Especially in NY, everyone who hasn’t been living under a rock knows that that is a blatant lie. Building your defense on obvious lies is not exactly very clever, to say the least.

Of course he's a family man! Here's the proof: he employed his family at the WH!  😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thrilled said:

All of this was known back in 2915. They decided to do something when he decided to run again. The last 3 years and 3 months have been terrible with Biden

A Time Traveler! Should always proofread one's post, even when you're pounding angrily on the keyboard.

Yes, it's terrible the way Biden has managed to grow the economy and bring the unemployment rate down from the disasters of the Trump regime. Tell me, did you think Trump's handling of the COVID pandemic was well done?