Tot - A Joke. Disconnected 20 Min Every Hour.

jckei

I have now had ToT ADSL 1 mbit for 24 hours.

On average every hour im disconnected about 20 minutes. Sometimes only four 5 minutes breaks. Sometime a full 20 minute of downtime.

It seems to sense when im not active at the computer and just downloading because last night I left my torrents on, went to bed I saw the modem was not indicating it had no connection. I thought "Bleh, It will come back up soon and the download begin again" and I went to sleep.

BUT NO! I woke up 8 hours later and still had no connectivity and the download had the same % finished.

I sat down at the computer again and tried to see whats wrong, and boom... It started to work again.

Coincidence?

This is just so rediculous... We have an agrement with ToT:

I pay 1000 bath a month to get ADSL. I am fullfilling my part but they dont deliver the internet.

I know alot of people on the board also have serious problems with ToT.

So, I am curious...

Has anyone actaully been in contact with ToT and had any sucess getting their connection any better?

Has anyone sucessfully been able to stop the 1 year contract because they cant deliver?

I have now had ToT ADSL 1 mbit for 24 hours.

On average every hour im disconnected about 20 minutes. Sometimes only four 5 minutes breaks. Sometime a full 20 minute of downtime.

It seems to sense when im not active at the computer and just downloading because last night I left my torrents on, went to bed I saw the modem was not indicating it had no connection. I thought "Bleh, It will come back up soon and the download begin again" and I went to sleep.

BUT NO! I woke up 8 hours later and still had no connectivity and the download had the same % finished.

I sat down at the computer again and tried to see whats wrong, and boom... It started to work again.

Coincidence?

This is just so rediculous... We have an agrement with ToT:

I pay 1000 bath a month to get ADSL. I am fullfilling my part but they dont deliver the internet.

I know alot of people on the board also have serious problems with ToT.

So, I am curious...

Has anyone actaully been in contact with ToT and had any sucess getting their connection any better?

Has anyone sucessfully been able to stop the 1 year contract because they cant deliver?

Same for me in CM. Switched to TOT from True (speed to the States at True was just glacial). TOT speed on my 1mb/512kb line is useable for Vonage VOIP, usually around 500/250, but it just kicks out every 15 mins. or so. I wouldn't care about that so much, but it just makes VOIP, the only thing I really use, unusable. Called them up three or four times, no love.

Now ive been disconnected for almost 5 hours and somethings tells me it wont come back soon. Im at a internetcafe with TT&T now.

Stupid girlsfriend: "You have internet little bit, u check email leo. This thailand, not europe.. U pay and u get little bit. I call ToT they think im same stupid"

With corrections in the qoute to make her english understandable. Man, if my lady cant understand a workingmans need for the internet she is in trouble... Have serious thought about kicking her out. No, im not joking :o

This is coming from left field and may not apply, but I will throw it out as a "possibility."

When I subscribed to TT&T's cheapest ADSL package for home use, one of the restrictions written on the brochure was that it could not be used with VoIP or file-sharing apps.

Maybe that could be the cause of the service drops? If it detects restricted usage (port usage, etc) it drops the connection?

Maybe you could ask TOT if there is any such usage restriction on your type of ADSL account.

Any of you guys ever seen the old movies where its a bunch of ladies sitting at a switch board manually connecting telephone calls by plugging lines in and out of a pegboard looking box of holes? Welcome to TOT Premium Service, Ive come to the conclusion that every time I would call them they would unplug some other farang and plug me in till he called them and they unplugged me again and on and on and on. UBC Sucks and so does TOT, I'm sure they are laughing all the way to the bank.

might be just timing but there does seem to be a problem right now with the CAT international connection, it went down yesterday at about 9pm then came back today at about 10pm but has dropped again now, not totally off but speeds down about 90%

I posted info on another thread here about torrent speeds etc.

Now ive been disconnected for almost 5 hours and somethings tells me it wont come back soon. Im at a internetcafe with TT&T now.

Stupid girlsfriend: "You have internet little bit, u check email leo. This thailand, not europe.. U pay and u get little bit. I call ToT they think im same stupid"

With corrections in the qoute to make her english understandable. Man, if my lady cant understand a workingmans need for the internet she is in trouble... Have serious thought about kicking her out. No, im not joking :o

Hi jckei

Had a hard day today, read this and it made me laugh.

Little and innocent things in life are the funniest.

Clive sorts

Yes, it's really boring with TOT (TOT is also a german word and means DEAD - and Nomen est Omen)

Actually i'm testing, togheter with some friends, looking Live-TV from an european Service over VPN. (its impossible to get access directely from Thailand, resp. using an asian IP)

It's verry nice working, 49 Chanels, but over TOT it's sometime boring, because the data stream is not consistent enough. We found out, that normaly it works nice in the early morning and later evening. Now we are also testing, how it works with other providers, like CAT and JASMIN.

If somebody is interestet too, he can contact my in about one week, then we will have moore experiance - i also will post the results here.

Edited by OpenSky