Complain? Not me

So many people complain about their OAP is not enough to live, now I like to prove you can have a decent live on the OAP (Australia) maybe not in the UK or US.

This is a copy of my last payment; I do get 1277 $ per fortnight, my rent is just 480 $ per fortnight yes, I am lucky I don't live in the east of Australia.

I posted my rent here many times so don't ask me again. I do feel sorry for people paying abnormal rent. Here is my payment 

Payment Details

Age Pension
+ $1020.60
Rent Assistance
+ $188.20
Pension Supplement
+ $81.60
Energy Supplement
+ $14.10
Gross payment amount
+ $1304.50

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Where's the rest of your expenses? 

Transport.  Do you have a car?  If so, how much for insurance, maintenance, and petrol.

What about food?  Do you eat?  Do you buy healthy, but expensive food, or cheap, processed, and unhealthy food?

What about entertainment?  Do you catch a show, or sporting event, or dine out sometimes?  Do you go to the local bowling club?  Do you drink alcohol? 

Clothing.  Do you buy any?  You'll have to one day. 

Telecommunications.  Do you have a mobile phone and internet?  How much a month for these?

Household products.  Cleaning items. Eg. dish washing, laundry, toilet paper etc. 

Household appliances.  TV, Fridge etc.  They don't last forever.  Where's your budget for them? 

You mention "rent."  Even for those pensioners that own their own home, what about council rates and insurance, then maintenance? 

Health insurance.  You can't rely on Medicare these days. 

You mention energy supplement, but don't mention the total cost of the energy bill itself.  That's heating and cooling, during winter and summer.

Water bill.  No mention of it.  

You mentioned only one outgoing, and that was rent.  What about the rest you need to survive, and then some little things to have a basic quality of life?    

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

Where's the rest of your expenses? 

Transport.  Do you have a car?  If so, how much for insurance, maintenance, and petrol.

What about food?  Do you eat?  Do you buy healthy, but expensive food, or cheap, processed, and unhealthy food?

What about entertainment?  Do you catch a show, or sporting event, or dine out sometimes?  Do you go to the local bowling club?  Do you drink alcohol? 

Clothing.  Do you buy any?  You'll have to one day. 

Telecommunications.  Do you have a mobile phone and internet?  How much a month for these?

Household products.  Cleaning items. Eg. dish washing, laundry, toilet paper etc. 

Household appliances.  TV, Fridge etc.  They don't last forever.  Where's your budget for them? 

You mention "rent."  Even for those pensioners that own their own home, what about council rates and insurance, then maintenance? 

Health insurance.  You can't rely on Medicare these days. 

You mention energy supplement, but don't mention the total cost of the energy bill itself.  That's heating and cooling, during winter and summer.

Water bill.  No mention of it.  

You mentioned only one outgoing, and that was rent.  What about the rest you need to survive, and then some little things to have a basic quality of life?    

No car, gave it away a few weeks back no water bill since it is included in rent payments household items in cluded in fortnightly spending of about 90 $, phone just 12$ for 3 months, no aircon to pay for, don't have a heater, electricity about for 2 months 80 $ government subsidised TV is free don't have private health insurance being a pensioner I have doctor and hospital visits free, alcohol just 10 dollars a week (red wine is cheap) used to go bowling when I was younger, medication is cheap, like to know more? Not everything is bad in the west, and I live in a city of about 2.5 million. 

On 5/5/2024 at 1:45 PM, still kicking said:

No car, gave it away a few weeks back no water bill since it is included in rent payments household items in cluded in fortnightly spending of about 90 $, phone just 12$ for 3 months, no aircon to pay for, don't have a heater, electricity about for 2 months 80 $ government subsidised TV is free don't have private health insurance being a pensioner I have doctor and hospital visits free, alcohol just 10 dollars a week (red wine is cheap) used to go bowling when I was younger, medication is cheap, like to know more? Not everything is bad in the west, and I live in a city of about 2.5 million. 

You work all your adult life to barely exist in your latter years, yet boast on here how you own properties.  You can't even dine out even once a week. 

You must watch a lot of "free" TV.  :smile:

• Agree 1