Russian Businessman Arrested for Alleged Assault, Illegal Weapons

webfact

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I dont think they should have printed it was his girlfriend who grassed him up, it's not confidential now 

He knows it was her, but his mafia friends might be the problem.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

This incident has triggered concerns about domestic abuse and illegal firearms possession among foreigners living in Thai popular tourist areas.

What?!!  Why?  "Did you hear about that foreigner being arrested for domestic violence and having a load of illegal guns?  I reckon all foreigners beat their wives and have a cache of illegal weapons!"  This is crazy.

A Russian with an Italian restaurant what’s it called Launder De Mony ! Sounds like he’s a nice guy with a collection of deadly weapons I wonder how he managed to get them no doubt from Thai mafia friends ! Why was there a need to mention that it was his GF who grassed on him I’m sure she must of been known to some of his close friends ! The plod have allowed to much info to be released ! 

3 hours ago, rabang said:

Bolshevism and the 3/4 century of communism that followed destroyed the morale of Russia. It would perhaps not be a dream nation today but it could have evolved into something better than the modern day dictatorship under Putin who is a great admirer and a result of Stalinism, CCCP and KGB.

It was destroyed before that by the Czars. The average Russians have always had a tough life and it's made them what they are.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy of Phuket Express

This past Tuesday, a 38-year-old Russian businessman was taken into custody on Koh Samui.  Identified only as Mr. Nikhita, he was arrested by the Bophut Police. He is facing severe charges of assault and illegal weapons possession. The raid on his property was prompted by a tip-off from a local.

The arrest warrant was initiated due to a complaint lodged by Mr. Nikhita's girlfriend, whose identity has been kept confidential. She alleges that he sexually assaulted her and threatened her using a firearm.

While executing their search, the police team unveiled many unlicensed weapons including a commando rifle complete with ammunition and a handgun at the property in the Maret sub-district. Also seized were a luxury BMW sedan, a Ducati motorcycle, and a pickup truck lacking a license plate.

Mr. Nikhita, owner of an Italian restaurant nearby the Baan Bang Rak Pier, confessed to owning the firearms, claiming he has a private liking for guns.

However, he refused to address his partner's allegations. This incident has triggered concerns about domestic abuse and illegal firearms possession among foreigners living in Thai popular tourist areas.

As investigations proceed, Mr. Nikhita will remain in custody at the Bophut Police Station, facing several charges and potential deportation.

-- ASEAN NOW 2024-04-25

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

"private liking for guns"

I think the authorities on SAmui have grossly underestimated the amount of foreigners on Samui who have firearms.

In particular they should be looking at ex-military retirees,  who settle on military pensions and don't drop their fascination for firearms - many look on it a a "right"

I would start by checking gyms for people working without proper documentation. THey just think they can live outside the law.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

Well done PM who has no Idea on Russian culture even here they are raping (sexual assault) Stealing (jobs and more) and running Mafi groups. 

Now what idiot clown face ? stay stum. You wanted them you got them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

When will the name of this new service be changed from ASEANNOW to the Russian Crime Report?

It is vert simple. The reason that the Russians are here is because NO OTHER COUNTRY WANTS THEM.

London likes them.....if they buy expensive properties.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Well done PM who has no Idea on Russian culture even here they are raping (sexual assault) Stealing (jobs and more) and running Mafi groups. 

Now what idiot clown face ? stay stum. You wanted them you got them.

It's not just Russians - take a look at other nationalities - some Brit and American "retirees" hold the same mentality.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, kwilco said:

It's not just Russians - take a look at other nationalities - some Brit and American "retirees" hold the same mentality.

Invited by the PM And they got a free 3 month visa + 2 months more. do they run mafias ? 

1 hour ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Absolutely! They don't deserve visa free entry to Thailand.

I am myself a Russian national.

I have obtained a proper Non O-A Retirement Visa at the Thailand Consulate in Moscow, Russia.

Only high quality Russian citizens should be allowed to enter Thailand.

Unfortunately, 90% of Russians who have come to Thailand are low quality people. This is the fact I am observing over the past 15 years of my retirement stay in Thailand.

Stop Visa Free Entry for Citizens of Russia, Kazakhsatan, China, etc.jpg

require police background checks on all visa applicants.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kwilco said:

I am sure you can prove that, to say it.....?....🤗

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kwilco said:

"private liking for guns"

I think the authorities on SAmui have grossly underestimated the amount of foreigners on Samui who have firearms.

In particular they should be looking at ex-military retirees,  who settle on military pensions and don't drop their fascination for firearms - many look on it a a "right"

I would start by checking gyms for people working without proper documentation. THey just think they can live outside the law.

I am sure you will provide us with proof regarding that statement......?  :clap2:

• Like 1

While executing their search, the police team unveiled many unlicensed weapons including a commando rifle complete with ammunition and a handgun at the property in the Maret sub-district. Also seized were a luxury BMW sedan, a Ducati motorcycle, and a pickup truck lacking a license plate.

I wonder if they will pursue an enquiry as to where he obtained the weapons?

It appears that the pasta business is quite lucrative?

• Haha 1

Deportable offenses for sure... or will they just lock him up for a few years (months). The punishment never seems to fit the crime in Thailand. People get off too easy with simple apologies and a wai. I would be surprised if this Russian's restaurant ownership arrangement and visa are not also sketchy.

46 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Invited by the PM And they got a free 3 month visa + 2 months more. do they run mafias ? 

Yes - it's easier for the Russians now but the Brits and Americans have been here for years on O and B visas -  they aren't affected by 30 entry limits.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, frank83628 said:

pretty sure they're doing just fine now...Ukraine need some men however, most are dying!

Aaah, the Putin fanboy is back, sadly..........:saai:

• Like 1