Why the hush money case against Donald Trump is on shaky ground

Social Media

23 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think Biden is a bad presidential candidate. But I still think he is a lot better than the alternative.

Recently I saw an interview and one guy had a good description. He said look at Bidons advisors. He had many of them for many years and they are loyal to him. Trump hires people and tells the public how great these people are. And in many cases, it doesn't take too long before those people are fired by Trump or they resign and then Trump tells us what idiots these people are, and the ex-advisors write books and expose Trump.

I think that shows a lot.

To me the possibly more scary part of Trump again elected as President are these folks who see him as an empty vessel for changes to the Federal government they have been working on since Reagan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025

Project 2025 (officially the Presidential Transition Project) is a collection of policy proposals to reshape the executive branch of the U.S. federal government at an unprecedented scale in the event of a Republican victory in the 2024 U.S. presidential election.

9 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

To me the possibly more scary part of Trump again elected as President are these folks who see him as an empty vessel for changes to the Federal government they have been working on since Reagan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025

Project 2025 (officially the Presidential Transition Project) is a collection of policy proposals to reshape the executive branch of the U.S. federal government at an unprecedented scale in the event of a Republican victory in the 2024 U.S. presidential election.

I don't think you need to be concerned. It's more like a skit for the comedy club than a potential coup IMO.

the project seeks to recruit tens of thousands of conservatives to Washington, D.C. gives it away as a loony tune wet dream of ultra conservative nutters.

However some of it I'd actually like to see happen, eg

The plan proposes slashing U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) funding, dismantling the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, gutting environmental and climate change regulations to favor fossil fuel production, and eliminating the cabinet Departments of Education and Commerce.

IMO the DOJ has proven itself unfit for purpose, the FBI is incompetent ( Waco anyone ) and didn't everyone hate the DHS when it was set up?

Climate change is IMO a cover for fundamentally changing society for the worse, imposing more taxes for BS and does nothing to eliminate the real causes of world problems which are that there are just too many humans on the planet.

I love fossil fuel. It has freed me from the soul destroying life of physical work that would have seen me dead at 40, given me the ability to drive from one end of the country to another in comfort, and to fly to another country to see sunsets on a tropical beach with a dusky maiden for company.

Education is a State prerogative and IMO the commerce department works for the 1%. 

I'd not stop at those. I'd gut the entire federal bureaucracy, and the country would be the better for it, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Thanks. I am concerened.

and you have every right to be concerned if you so wish.

I'm concerned that overpopulation is going to be the end of humanity, but there is sod all I can do about it, and if I'm wrong I suspect there is sod all you can do about the conservatives taking over the country.

The only thing I can say about that eventuality is that hopefully people stop going on about man made climate change or how many genders there are in humans. Given that most people on the planet apparently live awful lives I don't think most will give a monkey's about who sits in the W H. At least it will shut HRC up, which would be a good thing, IMO.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wish. I voted against Trump twice and, since my mother is now deceased, too difficult to register to vote against him again.

As I'm in my 70's, I expect most of the world's major calamities will happen after I am gone. I just don't want to spend the next 4 years of my life with DJT as 45.

I have lived in and, after moving to Thailand, visited Florida counties that went 80% for Trump in 2020. I think people like these especially in the swing states will not be happy that Trump is being humiliated with all this talk about Stormy proving an affair by describing his penis. Wisconsin had roughly 3.2 million voters in 2020 Presidential election and the race in that state was decided by about 20,000 votes. So such things can make a difference.

Edited by jerrymahoney

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

I wish. I voted against Trump twice and, since my mother is now deceased, too difficult to register to vote against him again.

As I'm in my 70's, I expect most of the world's major calamities will happen after I am gone. I just don't want to spend the next 4 years of my life with DJT as 45.

I'm sure many other Americans will agree with you. For myself I was hugely entertained by his first 4 years and I hope for more of the same in his next 4. Given my opinion of politicians it made my heart sing that they were so "uncomfortable" while he was in the big chair.

Seriously though, the one thing that made his term a good thing for me was that he didn't start any <deleted> wars, unlike the present incumbent that looks likely to be revving up a doozy in the M E. I just hope that NZ stays out of it when it kicks off.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, that is the concerning part. 

Don't look at it as 70 million voting FOR Trump. Look at it from the point of view that they voted against Washington that they hate and despise.

I voted against the last lot in NZ because I hated and despised them and they were not even half as bad as the Washington establishment.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Jai yen, it was satirical, which was why I included "seriously" in the next paragraph.

OK. But I still prefer Biden to Trump. 

I remember in 2008 when I thought Biden had a good chance for the nomination. I was registered as Florida independent. But some politico friends of mine in Gainesville said: No. Register as Democrat and vote for this guy Obama in the primary.

I mean, WHO?

Edited by jerrymahoney

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

OK. But I still prefer Biden to Trump.

In a normal election neither would be in contention. IMO the Dems have made a very serious error by putting up a man that by any reasonable standard is unsuitable for POTUS. Is it significant that they don't have a better candidate to put up?

If they had a decent candidate they would likely wipe the floor with Trump.

I only support Trump because I believe Biden too incompetent to stand again.

Bring back Bernie, I say. Of course he's an independent now, probably because of how they back stabbed him not once, but twice.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

TUG - I  know you would have something to say here.  Before I get to educating you.  I have to make a remark on one thing you said.  About the Supreme Court throwing shade Trump's way.  Who is getting all the shade?  Corrupt Joe Biden and his millions from China and Ukraine to every member of his family.  Nothing done.  51 CIA managers siding with Biden saying Hunter's laptop was a Russian Hoax, sweetheart deal to Hunter Biden, 17% of the voters for Biden said that had they known about the laptop they would not have voted for crooked Joe.  Garland sits on Hunter not paying taxes on $3 million earned in Ukraine, letting the Statute of Limitations to expire, Joe Biden not pay his taxes in 2017 setting up two S corporations to keep from paying his Medicare taxes.  20 LLCs set up with million flowing from China where there were no employees, no executive officers, no product produce or sold to the Chinese and Trump may get a little shade from the Supreme Court?  Do you even know the BS you are spreading?  You and the other Leftists.

What are some of these underhanded stuff that Trump has done.  I have been over 3 years trying to find out from Biden lovers like you and so far not one person has given an answer on the Left.  Be the first.

Disgraceful behavior from Trump?  What the hell is an open border, letting in terrorist from all corners of the world?  Joe lies about everything.  Job created, inflation that he caused is coming down, $1 trillion of new debt every 100 days to keep all the Leftist organizations well funded, pays of school loans when the Supreme Courts says he does not have the authority.  Buy votes which is illegal.  Paid off debts of corrupt Democrat unions and Democrat run cities and states.  The corruption of Biden and his administration are too numerous to list.  Executive orders coming out of his as when ever he finds a new way to harm America.  He has all of Obama's people in his administration and picks the most radical people he can find for the Supreme Court.  He is Obama's third and I pray he does not become the 4th.  He is keeping a Presidential nominee tied up in the courts when he should be out there drawing the crowds that Biden can only dream about.  Trump can only be tried in DC, NY, GA where they know Trump can not get a fair trial.  In DC 95% of the people voted Democrat in 2020.  All the judges from Garland down to the courtrooms are Democrat.  Jack Smith was supposed to be approved by the Senate but the hell with that.  They just put him in a position with unlimited Prosecution powers and you have to balls to say, Trump may get a bit of shade given to him.   Your way off base.

I could not stop laughing reading the first two sentences. Let me go finish I needed this LOL

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am wondering who wrote the OP, possibly a MAGA supporter who made it past primary school.

So AN is now publishing articles by anonymous unnamed sources?  What a joke.   Since when does any legit organization publish a supposed news /opinion article without identifying the source?

Don't like this particular case?  Then quit delaying and get on to the jan 6 case , the docs case, along with a few others.

Edited by pomchop

Asean Now re-publishing right-wing propaganda..?

The merit of this case, and its outcome, will be decided in a court of law, not in 'the court' of public opinion.

The only shaky ground in this case has been trumps seat...

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't look at it as 70 million voting FOR Trump. Look at it from the point of view that they voted against Washington that they hate and despise.

I voted against the last lot in NZ because I hated and despised them and they were not even half as bad as the Washington establishment.

In part I understand that.

But then, is there no better way to protest vote than voting for a serial liar maniac? He could do real damage.

Yes, there is a swamp in Washington, and the idea to remove it is good. But is voting for the GOP and Trump the way to do that? NO

• Like 1

george demos....a republican candidate who lost bigly in NY.... he seems to also think rudy is a fine man so keep that in mind as you consider his opinion on the trial

Demos' endorsements included:

• Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani
    • Giuliani endorsed George Demos on March 7, 2014.[8][9]
    • In a statement released by the Demos campaign, Giuliani called the candidate “a fiscal conservative who says what he believes and believes what he says.” Giuliani stated, “as a former prosecutor, he knows the good guys from the bad. He will rattle the cages of the establishment. He’ll make a difference. And George would never support Obamacare. His voice will be heard in the halls of Congress, and I predict, throughout America...I am impressed with George, his passion, his intellect, and his integrity. I am proud to endorse his candidacy and prouder still to call him a friend. George Demos is one of us. And it’s time for George Demos for Congress.

54 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

Asean Now re-publishing right-wing propaganda..?

The merit of this case, and its outcome, will be decided in a court of law, not in 'the court' of public opinion.

The only shaky ground in this case has been trumps seat...

There are many who dispute the legitimacy of the facts,and the NY justice system ,taking a misdemeanor

and bootstrapping  it into a felony!!

There are many legal  experts  who hate Trump ( Barr& McCarthy) who say its political and the merits of the case are exaggerated . The federal government wouldn’t even try the case .The key witnesses is a convicted liar.

If its a negative outcome which Im inclined to think it will be , its because of the bias of the Politics, its all Dem ,from the court to the jury pool!

Trumps lawyers asked to move the trial to another district , it was denied.

The judges daughter help raise millions for the Dems and yet if he was a juror he’d be disqualified .

A bad outcome will never be accepted by many Americans and it will be won on appeal because it denies him his constitutional rights of speaking out against his accusers.

In a related matter Turley who is a legal critic said,

If the justices want insight into the implications of denying any immunity, they just need to look north to New York City.

The ongoing prosecution of Trump is legally absurd but has resulted in the leading presidential candidate not only being gagged but prevented from campaigning.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/25/opinion/oral-arguments-suggest-the-supreme-courts-about-to-plunge-into-a-constitutional-abyss-in-trump-immunity-case/

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, riclag said:

There are many who dispute the legitimacy of the facts,and the NY justice system ,taking a misdemeanor

and bootstrapping  it into a felony!!

There are many legal  experts  who hate Trump ( Barr& McCarthy) who say its political and the merits of the case are exaggerated . The federal government wouldn’t even try the case .The key witnesses is a convicted liar.

If its a negative outcome which Im inclined to think it will be , its because of the bias of the Politics, its all Dem ,from the court to the jury pool!

Trumps lawyers asked to move the trial to another district , it was denied.

The judges daughter help raise millions for the Dems and yet if he was a juror he’d be disqualified .

A bad outcome will never be accepted by many Americans and it will be won on appeal because it denies him his constitutional rights of speaking out against his accusers.

In a related matter Turley who is a legal critic said,

If the justices want insight into the implications of denying any immunity, they just need to look north to New York City.

The ongoing prosecution of Trump is legally absurd but has resulted in the leading presidential candidate not only being gagged but prevented from campaigning.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/25/opinion/oral-arguments-suggest-the-supreme-courts-about-to-plunge-into-a-constitutional-abyss-in-trump-immunity-case/

That's your opinion...

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm concerned that overpopulation is going to be the end of humanity, but there is sod all I can do about it, and if I'm wrong I suspect there is sod all you can do about the conservatives taking over the country.

The only thing I can say about that eventuality is that hopefully people stop going on about man made climate change or how many genders there are in humans. Given that most people on the planet apparently live awful lives I don't think most will give a monkey's about who sits in the W H. At least it will shut HRC up, which would be a good thing, IMO.

Man made climate change is real. Impossible to deny that. How many genders there are? Never read that in any of my news sources. None.

Edited by Roo Island

The jury will decide. 

Unlike the other cases where the judges have no gonads and are allowing trump and his lawyers to delay delay delay in the hope that trump will get re elected and the public will never get to hear the evidence.

Never has an innocent man who claims he is totally innocent been so afraid of letting the evidence see the light of day.  

Edited by pomchop
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Entertained by a president who lies every day, is a misogynist, cheats on his wife, etc. Seriously?

Shows why America is in such bad shape

I can't decide whether your posts are written very tongue in cheek or if you believe everything you've written.

I could name an ex PM who also fits the description above,I think you'll find that if you dug deep enough you'd be able to find plenty of dirt on the majority of those in power,there's an old saying 'power tends to corrupt,and absolute power corrupts absolutely' which tells you all you need to know about the state of the world,it's not just America.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1