Big Joke demands top job at Royal Thai Police HQ

webfact

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

So they await the Royal Decree in the Gazette? all but gone except the formalities.

Cannot be published in the Royal Gazette if the method of dismissal is not according to modern procedure which it isnt

4 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Just a bunch of more degenerate propaganda from a person who haven´t go a clue, like the rest of us. Just biased guess work, as 99% of your posts in this forum.

Never posted it like I or anybody needs a white knight. I saw it from the perspective out of 0% presented evidence and from both sides, as I also posted, that no one have a clue and we all stand without facts. 

Again, the way you are posting, is hanging out a person without all the facts and no proper investigation as well as no trial. Just based of your own speculative beliefs with absolutely no foundation in reality. That´s just very stupid to do.

Okay so your thesis is that my presumptions are stupid, and they're based on nothing. How long have you been here, and how many interactions have you had with the RTP? What percentage of them were straight and what percentage of them required a bribe or were resolved with a bribe?

You can get away with murdering here, if you have enough cash to pay the police, and you somehow think that this guy who's was the national deputy director of the largest pyramid scheme in the land was clean?

Really? Who is the one making bizarre conclusions? 

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

That there is a cabale, or more than one, in the police protecting their tea-money revenue streams (flows upward) is hardly surprising.

It’s all in flux since PT stole power and Thaksin’s return.

So Big Joke is a fly in their ointment and has an ability to fight back successfully when attacked. Some entity has clearly been trying to push him down for a decade, and he bobs and weaves around it and returns more powerful. But the hits get harder closer to the top.

I was not at all surprised at this recent attack. 
Consider ;

‘hot girl connected to online gambling is busted, told we’ll give you a pass if you come on to Big Joke, become his Mia Noi for a bit, and we’ll have his underlings reeled in by party-time foolishness and greed. While sticking some cash in accounts he’s allegedly connected with, as if criminal cops use open accounts.  

And then announce he’s the ring leader. You can walk and be famous.’

Seems like a classic Big Mango power play.

I’m happy to see him fighting back.

Edited by animatic
Grammar
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

If he is clean

I'll give you an answer to that. Aint nobody clean at the high levels of either the RTP or the military. Add immigation, customs, all govt. depts. etc. to the list.

Edited by dinsdale

One can but presume,

1. He has an amazing set of cojones.

2. Friends in both high and low places.

3. A very large truckload of contaminated facts and figures.

4. An amazing collection of personal protection amulets.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

General Surachate Hakparn, popularly known as 'Big Joke', made his return to the Royal Thai Police headquarters this Thursday.

The former top police officer pledged to take legal actions against what he strongly believes is an internal conspiracy aimed at thwarting his chances of becoming Commissioner.

they really don't like him

if he becomes the next police chief - he could really ## them up, he gets my vote

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, animatic said:

That there is a cabale, or more than one, in the police protecting their tea-money revenue streams (flows upward) is hardly surprising.

The rumor is that Hapkarn doesn't share or play well with others. And that he doesn't remit the percentage of ill-gotten booty upwards. In short, he's skimming, or in the case of these illegal gaming enterprises, not sharing at all.

5 hours ago, Kilick said:

He is making a big fuss about the way they ousted him from his position but he doesn't say anything about being innocent of the charges against him

Good point. That's the Thai way, whining, blaming others, don't address the issues. They are all guilty to some extent, doing a deep dive into their professional conduct is the last thing they want. Even if they happen to be innocent of what they were just accused of, there is always plenty of dirt that would be exposed. 

8 hours ago, Mbolo said:

This guy just won’t go away. 

Why should he, at present he is the only one opening the can of worms, this will stunt a few careers for sure.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, RobU said:

Cannot be published in the Royal Gazette if the method of dismissal is not according to modern procedure which it isnt

And you think those who have ousted him haven't done their homework?

5 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

And you think those who have ousted him haven't done their homework?

Of course they have, this is a last ditch attempt to owst him or as least slur his name so he is dropped from running for chief of police. The methodology is not valid and they know it however they hope it delays his career sufficiently to be able to hide their misdemeanours. 

2 minutes ago, RobU said:

Of course they have, this is a last ditch attempt to owst him or as least slur his name so he is dropped from running for chief of police. The methodology is not valid and they know it however they hope it delays his career sufficiently to be able to hide their misdemeanours. 

There is not ONE OF THEM with a name to slur.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

By all accounts he makes life difficult for farangs one day don’t be surprised if he ends up as PM like the previous police officer !

What he did was enforce the law. The corruption of slipping a few thousand baht to immigration to get around the rules for visas was one of the things he cracked down on. It seems many people think that police corruption should be stopped as long as it isn't police corruption that they find advantageous. 

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, RobU said:

What he did was enforce the law. The corruption of slipping a few thousand baht to immigration to get around the rules for visas was one of the things he cracked down on. It seems many people think that police corruption should be stopped as long as it isn't police corruption that they find advantageous. 

He selectively enforced the law, stamping on areas where he got nothing in the form of kickbacks, as they all do, and ignoring the areas that pay well, such as online gambling.

Now, when he clamped on the money exchanging hands at Immigration, this was the usual new brush sweeping clean, because Immigration was what he was tasked with, and he had just become the new boss there.

So, it's smoke and mirrors, making a fanfare to the press of what you are doing in your new position, whilst taking full advantage of corruption you are not tasked with.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Okay so your thesis is that my presumptions are stupid, and they're based on nothing. How long have you been here, and how many interactions have you had with the RTP? What percentage of them were straight and what percentage of them required a bribe or were resolved with a bribe?

You can get away with murdering here, if you have enough cash to pay the police, and you somehow think that this guy who's was the national deputy director of the largest pyramid scheme in the land was clean?

Really? Who is the one making bizarre conclusions? 

I never said he was or is clean. I never said he is dirty and guilty. That was your saying. I tried to show you 2 possibilities, but you are the one choosing to follow your beliefs. How unfounded they might be. Maybe he is paying, maybe he is a part of the scheme. Maybe he is corrupted or maybe he is clean. You don´t know, and neither do I. But your are still the stupid one, walking the one way road without any proof whatsoever.

So, you are still the one making bizarre conclusions. 

As far your question. How long have your been here? Answer: Over 25 years.

12 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I'll give you an answer to that. Aint nobody clean at the high levels of either the RTP or the military. Add immigation, customs, all govt. depts. etc. to the list.

You don´t know that. Just another silly post from an amateur. Ignored! Seems like it´s a trend to come to Thailand and see everything in the same way as the "clique". Now go wear a couple of nylon straps and call yourself Chelsea!

• Sad 1

I haven't followed this case closely but I remember that some police officials were quoted in the news saying that Big Joke was involved in an illegal gambling racket. Has evidence of that been submitted to a public procecutor and has a court of law found him guilty?

Edited by Puccini