Taxi from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Yasothon

malct

I know its a long shot, But is it possible to get a taxi from Taxi from Suvarnabhumi Airport  to Yasothon and if so, Do you have any details  on who to get , I know its a long drive and it will be expensive, But with the way that Thai smile charges for extra baggage and then waiting for a flight to Ubon Ratchatani  then getting transport to Yasothon, it maybe better to pay a taxi driver . Maybe many won't be keen because it would be hard to get a return fare, Another possibility is to get a taxi to Buriram and then get a local taxi to take us to Yasothon .

Tank you for any advice  

15+ hours return (for the driver); good luck finding a taxi at Suvarnabhumi for such a trip. Of course, if you offer enough cash, you might get lucky... Probably you'd have to offer at least eight or ten thousand baht.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

16 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

There are approx 12 flights daily from BKK airports to Ubon Ratchathani Airport.  Approx half from Suvarnabhumi (BKK) and other half from Don Muang Bangkok Airport (DMK).  When you have a ticket for a flight at the 'other' airport, there is a free shuttle-bus service between both airports (bus rides every hour and takes approx 1.5 hour). 

From Ubon it's only 100 km to Yasothon, and Ubon metered taxis are quite cheap (the trip would cost you approx 1.500,- THB).

Re luggage > Instead of paying heavily for overweight, you could consider when in Suvarnuabhumi to go to the Departures hall on the 4th floor and at the end of the counters a bit hidden there at the back there is a Thai Post office.  I always use them when I arrive with my 30 kilo luggage from Europe, and send 15kg or more of stuff I do not immediately need to my home-address in Sisaket, so that I do not have to carry it anymore and can avoid the pricy overweight domestic airline charges.

ThaiPost is dirt cheap (less than 400,- TB including the carton box and the sealing of the stuff,  and the pakage often has already been delivered at my doorstep when I arrive at my Sisaket home (100 km from Ubon) after having stayed a night in Ubon.

I used that post office a couple of weeks ago, went to Suvarnabhumi to purchase parts for my car, the weight was 37kg so they split in 2 boxes and done all the packing. Sent the items by EMS to Ubon and they arrived the following morning, total cost was around 700 Baht and the packing was excellent.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thank you for your replies, I had not thought about the post office , Its certainly a good idea , I will mention it to the wife, Regards the taxi, I thought about about 7000 baht, i remember last year in Pattaya getting a bolt taxi to the bus station and the driver asking me where i was going and he offered to drive me to yasothon and he only asked for 5000 baht, Going by bus can be a nightmare from patts and can take up to 13 hours   

3 hours ago, malct said:

I know its a long shot, But is it possible to get a taxi from Taxi from Suvarnabhumi Airport  to Yasothon and if so, Do you have any details  on who to get , I know its a long drive and it will be expensive, But with the way that Thai smile charges for extra baggage and then waiting for a flight to Ubon Ratchatani  then getting transport to Yasothon, it maybe better to pay a taxi driver . Maybe many won't be keen because it would be hard to get a return fare, Another possibility is to get a taxi to Buriram and then get a local taxi to take us to Yasothon .

Tank you for any advice  

Why not fly to Buriram?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I would say from Swampy, go to the North Easten Bus Terminal ,Morchit, and get a bus cost? No more than 500 baht, a VIP night bus might be a bit more, all the buses are air con good seats.

I would feel safer in a bus than a 5-hour taxi ride, at least a bus will have a toilet. 

Now having done a lot of miles o9n buses over the past 20 years, that would be way I would go. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I have used this guy often to drive me from Phimai to Bangkok. He is stationed in Bangkok and drives out to pick me up. My cost is just under 4000. He is a good driver, not crazy. Glad to stop any time to pick up a coffee or use the toilet. PM me for his name and number. Have your wife talk to him as I don't think his English is very good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, malct said:

Thank you for your replies, I had not thought about the post office , Its certainly a good idea , I will mention it to the wife, Regards the taxi, I thought about about 7000 baht, i remember last year in Pattaya getting a bolt taxi to the bus station and the driver asking me where i was going and he offered to drive me to yasothon and he only asked for 5000 baht, Going by bus can be a nightmare from patts and can take up to 13 hours   

Please just remember that where ever you get your taxi there will be a 99% chance that the driver will be tired before he starts and will head for the nearest 7/11 to get several bolt upright kick up the a- - bottles of caffeine so that he can drive with his eyes firmly fastened to his chin rather than do it in stages and frequently rest up, so be sensible and don’t put yourself and your family into an extremely dangerous position, the driver will not tell you he is tired but he is guaranteed to fall asleep at sometime during the 15 hour journey usually on a bend in the road that they really do not have the experience to negotiate correctly even when they are fresh.

we have all seen Thai drivers hurtle into a bend and hit the brakes last second because they do not know how to drive properly and use the road.

Having had one experience of one of these fabled clowns on a trip from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya where I had to slap his head to wake him up I would never ever consider a journey such as yours in a taxi or mini bus.

so be sensible and good luck and before the idiot brigade in here who consummately pooh pooh suggestions of common sense, I have experienced these idiot drivers.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 6:25 PM, malct said:

Tank you for any advice  

I have heard of blokes going to Khonkaen by taxi for about 3,500 bht BUT that was MANY years ago.

Edited by findlay13

On 4/27/2024 at 6:25 PM, malct said:

Tank you for any advice  

I know someone who hired a mini van to Bangkok from Ubon.It maybe an option to have some one you know hire one in Yasothon to meet you at the airport ? That way they'd be returning to their base.Just a thought 

Edited by findlay13

#1 get an aircon bus from Morchit, definitely cheapest and (amazingly!) probably lowest risk.

#2 If your partner is from the area of your destination, contact someone local with a van or SUV and pay them to drive to BKK, rest up, meet you and drive back.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/27/2024 at 10:56 AM, Red Phoenix said:

There are approx 12 flights daily from BKK airports to Ubon Ratchathani Airport.  Approx half from Suvarnabhumi (BKK) and other half from Don Muang Bangkok Airport (DMK).  When you have a ticket for a flight at the 'other' airport, there is a free shuttle-bus service between both airports (bus rides every hour and takes approx 1.5 hour). 

From Ubon it's only 100 km to Yasothon, and Ubon metered taxis are quite cheap (the trip would cost you approx 1.500,- THB).

Re luggage > Instead of paying heavily for overweight, you could consider when in Suvarnuabhumi to go to the Departures hall on the 4th floor and at the end of the counters a bit hidden there at the back there is a Thai Post office.  I always use them when I arrive with my 30 kilo luggage from Europe, and send 15kg or more of stuff I do not immediately need to my home-address in Sisaket, so that I do not have to carry it anymore and can avoid the pricy overweight domestic airline charges.

ThaiPost is dirt cheap (less than 400,- TB including the carton box and the sealing of the stuff,  and the pakage often has already been delivered at my doorstep when I arrive at my Sisaket home (100 km from Ubon) after having stayed a night in Ubon.

Thank you for your informative post, I gained some practical information from it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/27/2024 at 9:25 AM, malct said:

Tank you for any advice  

I have a regular taxi guy that takes me from Suvarnabhumi to Khao Yai.  I'm pretty sure he'd be interested in taking you to Yasothon but its a hell of a drive - I've often done it.  Much better to get a flight to Ubon and rent a car/take a taxi from there.

If you still want a taxi from Bangkok to Yasothon - PM me.

Rent a Car in Suvarnabumi Airport, Toyota Vios or so and drive directly to Ubon and give it back there on the Airport! Cost much less as a Taxi! And enjoy the Trip!

Edited by ujayujay

On 4/27/2024 at 6:00 PM, malct said:

5k is cheap from Pattaya the cost of diesel alone would be 1.5k as I know. I do the drive myself as I live 40km south of Yasothon city.

6k from Swampy would be a good price.

Swampy to Yaso is 6-6.5 hours actual driving with all the new road upgrades especially the 207 and 202 which are largely dual carriageway now.