Getting Older: Do you still fantasize about being famous? (Maybe, your greatest regret?)

Many Thai people seem narcissist. That is, the world revolves around you and you are the hero in your world. Maybe that is enough fame for most

Keith Richards talked about how great feeling it was to be a famous musician on tour, once during a visit in my home country, and he also said that he wished for everybody to try it.

So, in reply to OP's question: Yes, I still fantasize of being famous – or rather real famous, and not a local 1960s rock musician, even it was really great fun to escape from a venue, with a horde of screaming teenage girls running after the band...😍

On the other hand, a disadvantage of being famous is that you are always watched and any movement shared in the media – so, perhaps life after all is more fun, not being famous...:whistling:

I once read that many folks live in a dream world (neurotic) but when their mind goes and they believe they are in that dream world then they are psychotic.  I think that is what it said anyway so when I read on this forum about people living in dreams, I google that "how many people living in dream worlds actually think they are living in that dream?" and found numerous articles from many different magazines over the years have actually published many different studies showing the widespread practice....interesting reads!  Take care be happy be satisfied ... glory just fades too quickly! 

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Or, famous in the school Lunch Line, maybe....

Hey, as big Swarthneige once said "What the <deleted> are you"

Now desist you devil's bottom.

On 5/2/2024 at 6:08 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Dear Folks,

I have always wished I might have been famous in my life, just once.

And, why is this?

I wish I might have been famous enough, like David Bowie, to appear on Soul Train, just once.

What is your Fame Fantasy?

Do you dare to tell, here on this Famous Forum?

Why not?

Are you not anonymous here on TV?

If I had been granted my wish, when I was younger, and even now, I would have opted to do this:

Some Psychiatrists will tell you that an obsession with becoming famous is maladaptive.

Do you believe this?

I do not.

I believe that it is not too late for me to be famous.

I just need to get lucky.

So, anyway, here is what some researchers say about our need and fascination and, almost constant daydreaming, with becoming famous.  And, also, I would like to know why our newest generations, now yet to become adults, are even more fixated upon becoming famous than I ever was of appearing on Soul Train.  (Soul Train?  Me and my buddies watched Soul Train religiously, every afternoon, when we were teens. Great show!)

Somedays, as I say, I worry my daydreams of fame might become troublesome for me or others....(like this guy worries, too, I guess):

image.png.a1a603240d790e9edbb3ae0f8aca5f66.png

And, Billy Graham, who was so famous, and whose son I attended school with, probably would tell us that it is wrong to wish to be famous:

image.png.b775abe6285d1a1fbae61a3f441778f9.png

And, here is BETTY who is having problems with her FAME-Fantasy:

image.png.6a44807f4142bcf593b0f648463f96e0.png

But for a more SCIENTIFIC Analysis, then you would want to read articles like this one.  And, I am sure that I am NO Narcissist, Believe Me!:

image.png.483d5f948d597a1531ab49e09d0cafb9.png

So I ask you:

How much would you give to be famous.

And, if you were famous, or if you were a famous author, or a famous footballer, or a famous politician,...

How would your fame change your life, and...

What would you do with your fame, besides improving our world?

Would you have no one but girls around you, 24/7?

I know that I would.

I would drive a Bentley, with girls sitting to the left and to the right of me.

And, the driver would be a girl.

And all the girls would be Thai.

I would not wish to become a famous author.

And, if I were a famous author, then I would not really be famous.

I would use a pseudonym.

And, I would write under the pen name: Oliver Twist, being, in real life, rather twisted.

How do you deal with your fantasies?

Is there any hope for you, do you think?

Regards,

Gamma

Note to Self: Becoming Famous, later in life, will not be so easy as it might have been when one was young.

Never wanted nor fantasised about "fame" of any description

I am similar about "success" as that is measured in many different ways

I always aimed and hopefully achieved to be a "person of value", I trust I have achieved this by supporting family, colleagues, students and clients to reach their goals. 

8 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Never wanted nor fantasised about "fame" of any description

I am similar about "success" as that is measured in many different ways

I always aimed and hopefully achieved to be a "person of value", I trust I have achieved this by supporting family, colleagues, students and clients to reach their goals. 

image.png.652edfe8b4fa127932e74e9dd8514124.png