How Long For First Non B

1 hour ago, Siamesepiggster said:

Hi,

i'm British and want to change my Non O guardian visa to a Non B.

I have a company that wants to employ me.

How long do you typically get on your first Non B?

Thanks.

I think when you apply in neighboring countries 3 months is the usual.

• Agree 1

@VocalNeal

Is it really possible to change from a Non O based on supporting my Thai daughter to a Non B using my new employer at the One-Stop Visa & Work permit department without having to visit a Thai Consulate in another country?

Could you or anyone else confirm this?

I would obviously prefer not to have to fly out of the country if possible.

Thanks.

I was on a tourist visa and accepted a job in Rayong. The company did all the paperwork and as far as I can remember I never left the country during that process.

I will have a dig around for my old passport.

Thanks @VocalNeal

Could anyone else confirm this please?

Thanks.

Is it really possible to change from a Non O based on supporting my Thai daughter to a Non B using my new employer at the One-Stop Visa & Work permit department without having to visit a Thai Consulate in another country?

Thanks.

On 5/2/2024 at 1:15 PM, Siamesepiggster said:

Thanks.

With an agent / lawyer it's possible. But they will pay some extra fees to get it done. Not sure this will be cheaper than leaving the country and apply for temporary Non-B at embassy or consulate... I would let the employer sort out the details. Normally none of your business as employee 

An additional question.....

If I travel to Penang to submit my Non Immigrant B application with all the necessary documents from my employer etc do you submit your application one day and collect your visa the following day or does it take longer than this?

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Siamesepiggster said:

@Liquorice My circumstances have changed as my daughter now lives in the UK and therefore I am unable to do another 12 month extension on my Non O based on supporting my Thai daughter as she needs to be in Thailand.

Thanks.

There was a recent topic on changing to Non B, which in years gone by seemed possible.
However, it now appears Immigration are reluctant to change a Non O > Non B and will inform you to obtain it from a local Thai Embassy.

Be interested to know if the One Stop service centre can still change and issue a different visa type.

Immigration now only appear to offer the Non B from a VE or Tourist entry, not Imm O.
https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/issuing-and-changing-type-of-visa/

On 5/2/2024 at 1:14 PM, Siamesepiggster said:

Thanks @VocalNeal

Thanks.

Thanks.

I am not sure about your specific type of Non-O, but I am 100% sure that you cannot change from Non-O spouse or marriage visa without leaving the country. At least that is what happened to a colleague at work. 

On 5/3/2024 at 2:19 PM, Siamesepiggster said:

An additional question.....

If I travel to Penang to submit my Non Immigrant B application with all the necessary documents from my employer etc do you submit your application one day and collect your visa the following day or does it take longer than this?

Thanks.

When asked about the legal way, 3 from 3 agents recommended the embassy in KL. Maybe faster service and less stringent