Any Fix For: My new Chinese, swelling-foot, EDEMA, Office torture chair?

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

2 solutions:

1. Cut your losses and dump that Chinese piece of crap.

2. Buy one of these: https://kokuyo.co.th/

Best I've ever sat in. If you can't afford one, revert to a normal kitchen type of chair. I sit for long hours at my desk and had to dump my office chair for the same problem - losing circulation in the feet. A normal flat chair might be a bit less comfortable on your butt, but it's better for your back and your legs if you sit for long periods.

2b. Get more exercise to improve the blood circulation in your legs. Getting up for a short walk at least twice an hour helps too.

Office Chair Catalogue (from page 28 in pdf)

I don't like Japanese software or online catalogs.  The Japanese don't think straight.  This is why they are unable to develop software with a logical machine to human interface.  They are LOSERS when it comes to software design.

So, after much time trying to find a few designs of these chairs, online, and the pricing...

I was redirected all over the place.

I do not like this company for that reason....

All I could find is a headrest, after a 20-minute search, which is priced in Singapore dollars.

Just a headrest.

image.png.f526367350ed2b8b2c27b24ece252665.png

And....

9 weeks delivery!!!!

The Japanese are WAY OUT OF TOUCH when it comes to marketing what they make.

It has always been this way.

Japan is still an island.

People are still very insular.

NOTE:  Looking at the Singapore dollar exchange rate, maybe this price is for the entire chair and not just the headrest for the chair. But, still, I would not pay approx USD1100.00 for a chair, such as this.  Although, who am I to say that it might not be the best chair for others.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I don't like Japanese software or online catalogs.  The Japanese don't think straight.  This is why they are unable to develop software with a logical machine to human interface.  They are LOSERS when it comes to software design.

So, after much time trying to find a few designs of these chairs, online, and the pricing...

I was redirected all over the place.

I do not like this company for that reason....

All I could find is a headrest, after a 20-minute search, which is priced in Singapore dollars.

Just a headrest.

image.png.f526367350ed2b8b2c27b24ece252665.png

And....

9 weeks delivery!!!!

The Japanese are WAY OUT OF TOUCH when it comes to marketing what they make.

It has always been this way.

Japan is still an island.

People are still very insular.

You certainly do enjoy waffling on about nothing.

I don't care about Japanese software design. I sat in one of those chairs at a Holiday Inn in Bangkok for a couple of days and it was so comfortable that I bought one. At that time they were available on Lazada for about 7000 baht for a basic model.

My website link is a Thailand-based website. Even if you don't look, others might be interested.

You said you were going to relocate to Japan. When is that likely to happen?

45 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Best I've ever sat in. If you can't afford one, revert to a normal kitchen type of chair. I sit for long hours at my desk and had to dump my office chair for the same problem - losing circulation in the feet. A normal flat chair might be a bit less comfortable on your butt, but it's better for your back and your legs if you sit for long periods.

2b. Get more exercise to improve the blood circulation in your legs. Getting up for a short walk at least twice an hour helps too.

These are all good suggestions.

I cannot afford to pay over USD1000 for a single chair.

Therefore, as you say, maybe use just a very cheap chair that is mass produced but which is very comfortable due to the fact that mass production necessitated spending much thought in the design of the chair.

Amazing music for a Chair ad.

This company has a great marketing department...

Unlike the Japanese....

ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course.

Had to be ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.leyform.com/visitor-reception-board-room-chairs/chairs-f-meeting-and-conference-table-ipa.html#

1 hour ago, saintdomingo said:

I had edema once, a few years ago. Both feet but not the ankles. I googled it and read that the answer was to raise the feet for 3 or 4 hours. As I was still in bed I made pile of laundry etc at the other end, rested my feet on it and after about 3 hours the swelling had cleared.

Google in fact said do this for several days so I did it for 2 more.

Never happened before and never happened since. Strange.

Well you asked about edema.

Yes.

I also mentioned torture.

29 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

You certainly do enjoy waffling on about nothing.

I don't care about Japanese software design. I sat in one of those chairs at a Holiday Inn in Bangkok for a couple of days and it was so comfortable that I bought one. At that time they were available on Lazada for about 7000 baht for a basic model.

My website link is a Thailand-based website. Even if you don't look, others might be interested.

You said you were going to relocate to Japan. When is that likely to happen?

Thank you for the links.

I would buy any good chair for Bt.10,000 or less.

Over Bt10,000, and I would need to give it a pass.

Tks for the links!

Posted (edited)

So, I am wondering if all these expensive chairs are just a SCAM!

Maybe the HUGE prices for some chairs are not actually warranted.

And so, maybe it is best to choose a chair which has been sold to millions of happy users, and where you get the cost savings due to the chair being produced at scale, and a chair which has been given reviews by many satisfied customers.

image.png.298fc750e2f4e63cee29083e479a9be3.png

Something like this, maybe....

Would be best for comfort.

Note:  The trick is to be able to buy this chair in Thailand without paying the shipping and import charges.  Maybe find out what company makes this in China, and then import it.  Maybe this chair is actually made in Thailand?  (This chair is only 0.22 the cost of my existing chair, my Torture Chair.)

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Looks just like the cheap chair i bought years ago that does the same thing to my legs. You need an ajustment for seat angle, height, back angle, back rest height, armrest height ( if with armrests).

14 hours ago, Presnock said:

Take the chair to a reupholstry shop and explain why you find it uncomfortable like it currently is and he could probably change the seating to better fit your body size.

For a recent air journey, I bought a memory foam cushion from Lazada for Bht 250. Worked wonders. I now use it on my office chair, and also when driving.

I have a happy bum!

19 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

For a recent air journey, I bought a memory foam cushion from Lazada for Bht 250. Worked wonders. I now use it on my office chair, and also when driving.

I have a happy bum!

OK.

Very good idea!

I have seen these at the Robertson store in CM, and they are usually on sale.

I will buy one or two (maybe one for each cheek).

At the moment, I am temporarily using just a bed pillow.

But, it's not much of an improvement.

15 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

My posts are definitely not nonsense.

In fact, they are no nonsense posts.

But, just out of curiosity, I will play along with you and ask:

By what metrics are you saying that anyone here might be ignoring my contributions to the Forum?

How about the fact that half of the replies are from you? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

How about the fact that half of the replies are from you? 

I could always write more, in fact:

image.png.982960573d563a8f5976d391404fb2dc.png

image.png.a6ce8902ae7056cc2d3b7dffcd0045e1.png

Maybe count yourself lucky that I was not born another Balzac?

(Anyway, it is not that I write too much, but that others do not write enough, in my view.)

Posted (edited)

Just a thought:

a.  I have noticed that the foam cushioning on my office chair which I purchased about 6 months ago has now become ...thinner and thinner.

b.  So, maybe this is not the foam that I had thought that would be supplied to me, considering the money that I paid for the chair out of China, and based on the specs given to the Chinese manufacturer BY THE IMPORTER.  (Please notice that I NEVER fault the Chinese factory.  I only fault the Importer. I know what's going on between Importer and Factory, as, probably, you do, too.)

c. When consumer get crappola, this is NOT the fault of the manufacturer.  Therefore, do not blame China for CHEAP crappola.  Instead, blame yourselves, for FING sake!  (What, you consumers still expect a FREE LUNCH????)

d. As to how to solve this GARBAGE office chair I purchased for about Bt.9000?

As has already been stated:

Sell it to some other fool, ONLINE?

Or, I cannot, in good conscience, do something like this.  NO WAY JOSE!

If I know that something is lousy, I cannot pass it off to some other FOOL.

Therefore, I must just eat my loss, myself.

I was the FIRST fool to buy this GARBAGE chair.

No way, will I cheat/scam someone else!!!

So, instead, I will find another use for the chair....

This chair is not even fit for landfill.....

Why?

IF these chairs were used for landfill, then...here is what might happen:

So, if I cannot sell my defective Chinese chair to some unsuspecting local Thai person,....which I would never do...then...

ANY alternative IDEAS what I might do with it?

ANY IDEAS about where I might shuv it?

Please, DO Tell....

Tks!

Edited by GammaGlobulin

On 5/3/2024 at 5:53 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Fortunately, I am not plagued by diabetes.

But, good suggestion if I were.

Well in that case may I suggest you change your lifestyle by doing zero exersise and eating as much unhealthy sweet food as possible until you develop type 1 diabetes....... then get your feet amputated. This will achieve three things; your edema will be gone, your diabetes won't affect your feet and you can stop worrying about the damn chair.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/4/2024 at 9:12 AM, KannikaP said:

I have a happy bum!

Just wished to thank you, once again, for this very good and cheap solution/suggestion which might help me to keep my Chinese Torture Chair, and, even, possibly, enjoy sitting in it.

I will definitely try your suggestion...absolutely.

Best suggestion on this Topic/Thread, for sure!

(And, one I had not thought of, either.)