Britain Pledges £3 Billion Annual Military Support to Ukraine Indefinitely

1 hour ago, Excogitator said:

Indeed it's a bad situation.

However, as long as the brave Ukrainians are willing to fight for their lives against the forces of totalitarianism and oppression, in defence of our shared values and safety, we owe it to them to give them all the support they could possibly need.

Personally I would like to see NATO acting as Ukraines airforce, defending Ukraines airspace and territorial integrity (not attacking russian territory though). Several russian missiles have crossed over and landed on NATO territory during his conflict, and russian officials have already declared NATO their enemy.

That could really turn the tide of the war in Ukraines favour, and help them drive Putins army of rapists and murderers off their land, but it would mean playing a serious game of chicken with a Putin, who may or may not be of a sane and sound mind..

I’m a bit gobsmacked (though not confused) by your comments. The brave Ukrainians are not fighting to defend your safety and values (even though that’s why Zelensky says as he wants more aid) but for their own survival. 

I know of one incident when one Ukrainian air defence missile fell into a field in Poland, killing a couple of civilians. I don’t recall reading about Russian missiles landing in NATO territory. Could you remind me of such instances?

Regarding NATO troops in Ukraine, even the foreign minister of the UK, Lord Cameron says such a move will be a dangerous escalation. At least he is still of sane and sound mind…

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

There is one regular poster who is obsessed with links, completely believing everything he reads in “credible” western sources. It’s dangerous, as all too often, such reports have proven to be falsehoods. 

Your link above is one such falsehood. Actually, that’s not completely true. Your link merely claims it, does not say conclusively that it was a missile fired by Russia.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

There is one regular poster who is obsessed with links, completely believing everything he reads in “credible” western sources. It’s dangerous, as all too often, such reports have proven to be falsehoods. 

Your link above is one such falsehood. Actually, that’s not completely true. Your link merely claims it, does not say conclusively that it was a missile fired by Russia.

I think your dinner is ready.........:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Haha. Where are all these warriors hiding? Try a general military call up in the UK and see who signs up to fight Russia. 

Will be lucky to enlist of a couple of non-binaries who won't fight Monday through Friday. Blimey.

We are talking about NATO being Ukraine's airforce here..

If you're gonna gatecrash the discussion, at least read up on what's being discussed.

'non-binaries' wth are you on about..?

NATOs pilots are ready.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, metisdead said:

Flaming posts, troll posts and the replies contravening our Community Standards have been removed:

• Please be polite and respectful to others.
  • Do not flame, troll or stalk other members.
  • Do not respond to insults with more insults. 

Damn. I was too busy with my longish post and didn’t manage to read the flames, insults and trolls that would have been directed at me.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Flaming posts, posts with insulting comments to other members and troll posts and the replies contravening our Community Standards have been removed:

• Please be polite and respectful to others.
  • Do not flame, troll or stalk other members.
  • Do not respond to insults with more insults. 
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

We are talking about NATO being Ukraine's airforce here..

If you're gonna gatecrash the discussion, at least read up on what's being discussed.

'non-binaries' wth are you on about..?

NATOs pilots are ready.

Check Flightradar24 over Ukraine for latest aeronautical activity and don't forget MH17. 

• Confused 3

50 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

"We send the Ukraine £19 million a week.  Let's fund our NHS instead."

Let's allow Putin to declare WW3 if he wins now!

We won't need or have an NHS or a country!

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Damn. I was too busy with my longish post and didn’t manage to

Damn. I was too busy with my longish post and didn’t manage to think about if what I posted made any sense!

The answer, if you are interested, is that your post did not make any sense!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

You should read them and learn from them, if that is possible, by someone with such a narrow minded outlook!

Whether you can understand them is another matter!

The flames and insults directed at you are well deserved and self inflicted IMO!

Sorry for my absence. I was having my (dog’s) dinner.

I wanted to read them but unfortunately, they were deleted in accordance with the community guidelines of AN. You see, in order for society to function, there should be peace, harmony, understanding, compassion and mutual respect. The same for the world around us and even in a small community like AN. When some posters starts to smear others and to try to intimidate them, this is when the community breaks down. So we need responsible leaders, in this case, the mods to step in.

I have no issues with flames and insults directed at me, well deserved or not. The problem is that the bullies don’t have an intelligent response. All they can do is insult and flame. Having studied human psychology, I know this is merely a defensive response when no logical or intelligent argument is left. So, to address your concern, yes, I do understand them very well.

Alles klar?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

Damn. I was too busy with my longish post and didn’t manage to think about if what I posted made any sense!

The answer, if you are interested, is that your post did not make any sense!

Would you like me to write it more  s l ow l y?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Excogitator said:

Regarding your other comment, the situation is evolving all the time. Two years ago it would have been unthinkable to send tanks and cruise missiles to Ukraines aid, as it was seen as a dangerous escalation. Now it's being done. Seen in that perspective, it is not far fetched for NATO to step up their contribution. So you should not be too 'gobsmacked' if it actually happens..

and if it does happen I will not be too 'gobsmacked' when MAD occurs.

Seems that some are so indoctrinated by US propaganda, that they will be cheering when the ICBMs fly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

No!

Just please don't bother to write at all!

If I stopped writing, then that would be one person less for you to vent your anger on. I know from my studies that some people need an outlet for their natural aggression so look at me like a psychiatrist that is helping you with your anger management issues.

11 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Poor dog being deprived of its food!

Shame on you!

Dogs. 5 of them. Vet insists they need to go on a diet.

• Confused 1