Chinese EV superiority? Battery change in 3 minutes !

Cool tiktok video with an expensive vehicle, but the Chinese have been doing this for years.  Geely has 1-minute battery swaps perfected, and I believe Sinopec is establishing a nationwide fast swap program throughout the country.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Only $113k :coffee1:

About the cost of our land, house (w/greenhouse garden). w/ solar system, and our EV.

Very nice, but some of us poor folks live in the real world. 

Note to self:  don't put Champaign class on hood.

And that's the price in China. ...

"Nio ET9 start preorders for 112,800 USD, deliveries set to early 2025"

If you're on a budget, try the BYD Seagull for USD9,700 or the ever popular (amongst the poor) Wuling Mini EV at US$4,500.

Happy motoring!

BYD-cheaper-seagull-EV-1.jpeg?w=1500&qua

Wuling-Mini-EV-Front-Gear.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

If you're on a budget, try the BYD Seagull for USD9,700 or the ever popular (amongst the poor) Wuling Mini EV at US$4,500.

Happy motoring!

BYD-cheaper-seagull-EV-1.jpeg?w=1500&qua

Wuling-Mini-EV-Front-Gear.jpg

Thanks, but not on a budget, just a thrifty shopper.   Already have our silly priced, shy of ฿!M BEV.  Not really a car person, so 1M for for 4 wheels is crazy.   But it is what it is.  And will eventually pay for itself long term.

I really like the Wuling, wish it was better priced or better spec'd.   Great for my very local driving.   Actually like this better, but not available here.

image.png.4b87ff8ebdaf128ca750d67885b8a19c.png

Edited by KhunLA

50 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Thanks, but not on a budget, just a thrifty shopper.   Already have our silly priced, shy of ฿!M BEV.  Not really a car person, so 1M for for 4 wheels is crazy.   But it is what it is.  And will eventually pay for itself long term.

I really like the Wuling, wish it was better priced or better spec'd.   Great for my very local driving.   Actually like this better, but not available here.

My that's one butt ugly car, did Homer Simpson design that too? 

Didn't Fiat have something similar a few years ago?  Like this (ICE) 

sucy5mnkqln61.jpg.f7bece64c496d519b000ca9dc6ae1b24.jpg

I'd much rather have this:

neta-u-pro917418e6-07e0-4181-a53b-920a8eba5cc5.webp.ca4666e52780e2a5c5a8b10e84f85d5c.webp

It's a Chinese Neta U Pro.  Fully electric.  I rode in one in Vientiane, private taxi.  Very quiet but comfortable. Not 100% sure on price maybe around USD 18000 - 20000.

Not cheap but better quality compared to some. 

If EVs were better designed they'd all have a slide out slide in battery system, allowing not just battery replacement, but longer journeys with a battery swap when necessary.

However, if Elon was involved in the design stage I'm not surprised it's a farce.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

They'd have to pay me to drive that butt ugly thing.

When people look at it driving past they ain't being envious- they are boggled that someone actually bought it.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When people look at it driving past they ain't being envious- they are boggled that someone actually bought it.

Much less me the Celerio 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never care what people think, and certainly not trying to impress strangers.   

Ugly ... subjective.  Way too cool and looks like something from 'Lost is Space'.

Me & Sniffy the Wonder Dog, cruising surfside ... oh yea.

Windows down, blasting "Who Let the Dogs Out" or "Fly Like and Eagle"

... smoking a doobie

ROCK ON

• Like 1