Global Warming still Confusing You?: Don't know Albedo from Albino???

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I remember something like: don't feed the monkey...

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Same thing 

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What I KNOW that you do NOT know is that....

Even if a chicken/monkey is not rewarded, still...

A chicken in a Skinner Box will sometimes peck itself to death.....

And, really, I had thought that you were a genius...based on a comment you made many, many months ago.

image.png.8691c54034ce95241c9ad94e9c3bb172.png

I read everything you write.

And, I remember what you have written.

Just saying....

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, still kicking said:

Do you reply to that nut

so all people who are un-eccentric and hardly have anything to say are all perfectly well-adjusted?

the picture of the mice was mildly amusing. 

but you have to sift through the verbiage. 

I think population growth is as big an issue as the climate, but no one seems to want to talk about it. With the world's population approaching 8 billion I wonder how long it will be before humanity's existence becomes unsustainable.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ibjoe said:

Humans caused Climate Change,and only humans can mitigate it. We have passed the "tipping point", Climate Change will continue to get worse. Vast populations will be displaced, partly due to rising sea levels, and as those people seek new lands to live on there will be conflicts and wars. Now is a good time to focus on mitigating this looming catastrophe, mainly by avoiding petroleum energy. Green energy industry will provide many jobs and a better environment. Fossil fuel corporate interests will dispute this and supply much obfuscating propaganda to encourage doubt. China is largest contributor to greenhouse gases, followed by USA, EU, and Russia, in that order.

Well, that's your opinion and as the know opinions are like AO's, everyone has one.

Green energy currently is a hoax and unsustainable financially...........what do you think is currently driving this forum's infrastructure and networking, the PC or charge for your phone, the electricity services where you posted this msg.  

I can assure you, not your expensive subsidized green energy supply.

Cheap energy drives economic growth and raises living standards of all people.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Fossil fuels have been the mother's milk of industry, it is time to wean ourselves off them.

Conservative models of the Himalayan Plateau indicate by 2050, water flows to the Ganges, Brahmaputra, and Mekong rivers will be halved. 2 billion people are sustained by that water, and the models do not include dam projects by the Chinese.

I agree the education system is faulty. It does not teach people to recognize "look over there" arguments, or stress the importance of a sound education in physics and chemistry. Much easier to get an Arts degree.

The media, in particular the Murdoch media, have been climate change/global warming deniers for more than a decade.

Call it scaremongering if you will, the science is on my side.

The models are not reality. The reality is the past. El Nino affect was only discovered late last century and who knows what further discoveries will be made. You don't have any science on your side apart from fossil fuels improving your life by over 90% which you are ungrateful for.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

I think population growth is as big an issue as the climate, but no one seems to want to talk about it.

They are talking about it at the WEF,IMF WHO   look up agenda 2030

and prepare to "eat ze bugs"  !!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ibjoe said:

Humans caused Climate Change,and only humans can mitigate it. We have passed the "tipping point", Climate Change will continue to get worse. Vast populations will be displaced, partly due to rising sea levels, and as those people seek new lands to live on there will be conflicts and wars. Now is a good time to focus on mitigating this looming catastrophe, mainly by avoiding petroleum energy. Green energy industry will provide many jobs and a better environment. Fossil fuel corporate interests will dispute this and supply much obfuscating propaganda to encourage doubt. China is largest contributor to greenhouse gases, followed by USA, EU, and Russia, in that order.

Where is the sea rising? I would find the answer very interesting, as where I used to live in the UK is a seaside town. The sea levels are the same at high and low tide as they were 70 years ago. A webcam shows the high and low water mark on the habour wall, and the only slight change is due to the phase of the moon. Webcams all along the promenade give the same 24h picture so, where is the sea rising? Oh, and the Maldives haven't sunk yet!

3 minutes ago, Surasak said:

Where is the sea rising? I would find the answer very interesting, as where I used to live in the UK is a seaside town. The sea levels are the same at high and low tide as they were 70 years ago. A webcam shows the high and low water mark on the habour wall, and the only slight change is due to the phase of the moon. Webcams all along the promenade give the same 24h picture so, where is the sea rising? Oh, and the Maldives haven't sunk yet!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/interactive/2024/southern-us-sea-level-rise-risk-cities/

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

I think population growth is as big an issue as the climate, but no one seems to want to talk about it. With the world's population approaching 8 billion I wonder how long it will be before humanity's existence becomes unsustainable.

Not to worry. Mars will be set up and running to take the overflow in 30yrs.

28 minutes ago, susanlea said:

The models are not reality. The reality is the past. El Nino affect was only discovered late last century and who knows what further discoveries will be made. You don't have any science on your side apart from fossil fuels improving your life by over 90% which you are ungrateful for.

Models are projections of current data, and the trends of said data. Reality is the fact humans have effected global warming and climate change by burning fossil fuels for 200 years on an industrial scale. If you don't want to acknowledge that fact, you really have your head in the sand.

Fossil fuels are used in a multitude of applications - pharmaceuticals, polymers, fertilizers, and base industrial chemicals. However, we simply cannot afford to keep burning them for the sake of electricity and transport. We need to develop alternatives which are more sustainable.

Please tell me what your scientific qualifications are, including your understanding of the laws of thermodynamics. You sound to me like proof of the aphorism a little knowledge is dangerous.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Surasak said:

USA rag where the smallest little upset is driven into a major problem. Now being extended to all other western countries.

Insurance companies and coastal councils don't share your opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surasak said:

USA rag where the smallest little upset is driven into a major problem. Now being extended to all other western countries.

You asked for evidence of rising seas and I gave you an article to read. Presumably you're not really interested in that evidence, otherwise you would have read the article I gave you and said thank you, alternatively you would have searched yourself for more news but from a journal that better agrees with you. Oh well.

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Models are projections of current data, and the trends of said data. Reality is the fact humans have effected global warming and climate change by burning fossil fuels for 200 years on an industrial scale. If you don't want to acknowledge that fact, you really have your head in the sand.

Fossil fuels are used in a multitude of applications - pharmaceuticals, polymers, fertilizers, and base industrial chemicals. However, we simply cannot afford to keep burning them for the sake of electricity and transport. We need to develop alternatives which are more sustainable.

Please tell me what your scientific qualifications are, including your understanding of the laws of thermodynamics. You sound to me like proof of the aphorism a little knowledge is dangerous.

Another nothing post. Obesity kills 2.8m per annum climate events just 12,000. You must be a terrible scientist.

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Insurance companies and coastal councils don't share your opinion.

Insurance companies are in business to maximise profits. They are not in business to help people and often deny claims of all sorts.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Another nothing post. Obesity kills 2.8m per annum climate events just 12,000. You must be a terrible scientist.

A nothing post is when you say look over there at obesity. Although it is another manifestation of human stupidity.

Argument ad hominem is all trolls have got when they have no facts.

According to the attached link, more than 61,000 people died from heat-related causes in Europe alone, in 2022.

https://www.preventionweb.net/news/risk-heat-related-deaths-has-increased-rapidly-over-past-20-years

How about you post your link to the 12,000 Climate-related deaths you are claiming.