Fast up button

2 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

Sure.. I just wonder how my games would look on a 5 inch screen... And how I would play them without WASD. Do the phones come now with high end graphic cards? Last time I looked, even the low end graphic cards were something like 3 times bigger than the large phones. Or how would I access my customer's datacenter without my laptop, or tower. It's called progress.

And, unlike Transam, I have 3x24" screens on my desk.... Beat you there quarter miler!! 5555

You know, there are people that do more on their PCs than just access AN... You're welcome too..

But that’s the point, tablets are convenient to pick up and use, no need to wait for a computer to boot.

I use a laptop for my business cashbook software, it lives in my office with all the other business things at hand.

Forums and social media are easier handled via tablet from the couch.

1 minute ago, SpaceKadet said:

You know, he just forgets that it's the "dinosaurs" that created Internet, integrated circuits, PC's, and even smart phones... among other things, like SR-71 Blackbird that could do Mach3+ 60 years ago. I could go on forever..

You probably do…

🤣

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

But that’s the point, tablets are convenient to pick up and use, no need to wait for a computer to boot.

I use a laptop for my business cashbook software, it lives in my office with all the other business things at hand.

Forums and social media are easier handled via tablet from the couch.

I agree with you on tablet use. I have one too which I take with me to places where I would have to wait for longer, like hospital, or the car workshop while my car is serviced. But in your post you mentioned phones, not tablets.

But for serious gaming you will never beat a high end CPU, high end GPU in a tower with water cooling and a high res monitor(s) with your phones and pads..

You don't have to be a dinosaur for that.

Edited by SpaceKadet

5 hours ago, george said:

The goto top arrow is now visible on left hand side. You may need to hard reload the page..

It came back today thanks George.

12 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

I agree with you on tablet use. I have one too which I take with me to places where I would have to wait for longer, like hospital, or the car workshop while my car is serviced. But in your post you mentioned phones, not tablets.

But for serious gaming you will never beat a high end CPU, high end GPU in a tower with water cooling and a high res monitor(s) with your phones and pads..

You don't have to be a dinosaur for that.

Dunno what gaming has to do with the discussion, have you never been out and about and used your mobi to view this forum ?

Thats why I mentioned phones, nothing to do with gaming.

11 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Dunno what gaming has to do with the discussion, have you never been out and about and used your mobi to view this forum ?

Thats why I mentioned phones, nothing to do with gaming.

You mentioned that only dinosaurs use towers in a derogatory manner. Had to correct you...

And no, I never used my mobile to view AN, it's just not what I would want to do when I'm "out and about". AN is not my primary interest in life.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Not a criticism, but the fast up button doesn't appear to add much to overall navigation.  

The 'Home' button does same thing, although appreciate not when the cursor is in the reply field. I subscribe to many online forums, and a fast up button isn't high on the list of upgrades for most.

9 hours ago, transam said:

Only girls and.. 😘.. use their phone to look trendy, so...😘..........😋

I like my 24" screen whilst sitting at my desk reading....

Where you get the dinosaur thing from, is eeeer, daft......🤔

You're just resisting change like the others

• Sad 3
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I hate the new sidebar on the left.  Please tell me there is some way to get rid of that.  I've looked around in the settings but haven't found anything.

Edited by shdmn

8 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

You mentioned that only dinosaurs use towers in a derogatory manner. Had to correct you...

And no, I never used my mobile to view AN, it's just not what I would want to do when I'm "out and about". AN is not my primary interest in life.

Your reading and comprehension level is out of my control 

2 hours ago, transam said:

😂..........No, I don't want to squint to read something, and I certainly don't want anything stuck on the end of my arm to look trendy, will leave that to you and the girls.......😘

Not sure anyone is trying to look trendy, what an old fashion thing to say

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You're just resisting change like the others

Why does he, I or anybody else HAVE to change?

You are welcome to change as often as you wish, in exactly the same way that nobody HAS to change if they don't want to, and if it works for them (and me), why change something that works.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You are welcome to change as often as you wish, in exactly the same way that nobody HAS to change if they don't want to, and if it works for them (and me), why change something that works.

You'll be left behind then you'll find out

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, shdmn said:

I hate the new sidebar on the left.  Please tell me there is some way to get rid of that.  I've looked around in the settings but haven't found anything.

Already changed.

22 hours ago, george said:

Not for the moment, but we will check in an upcoming software version if its possible to toggle on/off.

If it can't be user disabled in this version, could it be positioned closer to the bottom of the page. I think it would be much less obtrusive there.

On 5/8/2024 at 12:12 AM, stoner said:

why is it all on the left now ? none of us are left handed. 

For a brief period it had been transferred to the right hand side of the screen and I thought common sense has triumphed. Sadly IT'S BACK on the left side of the screen with all the problems I pointed out previously.

Yes, let us remove the <deleted> thing PLEASE.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

If it can't be user disabled in this version, could it be positioned closer to the bottom of the page. I think it would be much less obtrusive there.

Indeed, somewhere else would be just peachy, but even better on the right hand side or nowhere to be seen if that can't be done.

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

Exactly right. Some changes do not make our lives better and some changes on this forum make it worse. I'd rather not have it at all than where it is now.

• Haha 1