Chinese Interpreter With Gang Ties Arrested in Thailand Kidnap Case

webfact

19 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I think they misunderstood their job description. They are supposed to prevent crime, not take part in it.

...now they can say they really understand how the criminal mind works

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I think they misunderstood their job description. They are supposed to prevent crime, not take part in it.

It’s all a bit like I Os. Personal interpretation and not actual interpretation of job description and rules is the order of the day.

TIT

there are many chins in that area. like "alot"!

2.5m / 11 is about 220,000 per "gangster" >>> I don't think thai kidnapping is that cheap. 

obviously something is missing for sure - more likely chins screwed thai businessmen, they applied to police and than things went "banana"

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

It’s not surprising the police in Thailand involved and kidnapping corruption and probably murder TIT

Nope. But wait, Thailand is prosecuting Thai people? I thought it was only the poor picked on farang who got picked on, persecuted, and prosecuted, according to the usual boneheaded whiny UK commenters. But those commenters will ignore and soon forget this story the next time they feel like whining and complaining, because that's what they do, wherever they are. Ignore the facts in favor of their own bigotry, which ironically is exactly what they accuse Thais of. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy Metropolitan Police Bureau Commissioner Noppasin Poonsawat reported that surveillance footage revealed an 11-member gang operating the kidnapping using four vehicles. Significantly, current and former police personnel were part of this gang.

Oh the image... 

• Like 1

But wait, Thailand is prosecuting Thai people? I thought it was only the poor picked on farang who got picked on, persecuted, and prosecuted, according to the usual boneheaded whiny UK commenters. But those commenters will ignore and soon forget this story the next time they feel like whining and complaining, because that's what they do, wherever they are. Ignore the facts in favor of their own bigotry, which ironically is exactly what they accuse Thais of. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Hold on a minute, we were told us that we were above the law, we were told that we will never be held accountable, we were told that we had a personal franchise, and we could do anything with it, to the absolute limits of our creativity. How could we be arrested, we are RTP!

Oh I forgot, that's right the charges will be dropped, and we will never see a day in prison. Okay, well I guess that's a consolation. 

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Virayuth, a fugitive, is currently on the run

His chief complaint is the lack of vegan options on the prison menu. When that's sorted out he will turn himself in. 

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Thong Lor police kidnapped Italians about eight years ago. It was in The Bangkok Post, but as can't link to them, this will have to do. https://www.gulf-times.com/story/363683/thai-cops-kidnap-two-italian-tourists

Thx for sharing, and refreshing my memory...I forgot about this case

Come on folks just look at the latest headlines in the news the top 5 coppers in the land of smiles are all under the chopping block and notably good old Big Joke himself but never mind he's pissed off to the UK, the top cops wife is planning to go live in the UK and every other copper from the top down is a corrupt offer with a badge and uniform 

8 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I wonder if they would try to extort Russian bussinesmen. 

• Confused 1

Their supposed to be people of trust. In other countries that will be taken into consideration when sentenced. The problem here is that there's a good chance none of them will ever get to court.