Navy Officers Heroically Aid Traffic Accident Victim in Chon Buri

webfact

439227870_1375378416564069_446441844699988345_n.jpg

Picture courtesy of Facbook Pattaya News

Four Royal Thai Navy (RTN) officers from Sattahip Naval Base swiftly jumped into action following a traffic accident between a motorcyclist and a bus in Chon Buri. The officers were on routine patrol when they spotted a Thai man aged 48, injured and trapped under the searing sun.

The accident had occurred at 3pm on April 30 and quickly created a buzz on social media. 

The officers, including both men and women, rushed to shield the man from the sun's rays. They got an umbrella from a nearby store and used a fan to reduce his body temperature, an important measure to prevent heatstroke. 

Simultaneously, Lieutenant Prapaphon Samphawaphon, another officer present at the scene, called for medical assistance from the Sawang Rojathantham Sattahip Foundation rescue team, as the other officers controlled traffic to avert additional mishaps. 

The officers' selflessness didn't stop there. They stood by the injured man's side, comforting him until the rescue team arrived, enduring the relentless sun for more than 30 minutes according to observers. 

The scene was captured on video and circulated on social media, also acting to increase public admiration for the officers who acted promptly and selflessly. Their daring and kindhearted act demonstrates the enduring spirit of humanity, even in trying times.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-06

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, webfact said:

The officers were on routine patrol when they spotted a Thai man aged 48, injured and trapped under the searing sun.

Do the Navy normally do road patrols ? That's news to me. 

Anyway well done all for helping someone. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Do the Navy normally do road patrols ? That's news to me. 

Anyway well done all for helping someone. 

RTN personnel are quite often seen directing traffic in Sattahip. Not sure about routine road patrols, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Posted (edited)

The headline is way over the top. They were helpful, caring and efficient and deserve lots of praise for that but certainly not 'Heroic'

Edited by RobU
  • Like 1

Despite all the negativity in this forum and other forums, there are good people amongst the Thais.
Willing to help sellfishless a foreigner in need.
In my more than 2 decades in Thailand I received help from Thai citizens and officials where my own citizens wouldn't lift a finger.
Grey comes in many different shades.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If this is the definition of first aid in the Thai navy it is again very disturbing lol. Leaving him with a bleeding head wound, unfixated, to then worry about the sunshine. This while the majority of trauma victims actually die of hypothermia, yeah you read that right, even with 38 celcius.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

20 hours ago, webfact said:

comforting him until the rescue team arrived, enduring the relentless sun for more than 30 minutes

Why did it take this long for medical help to arrive?