Whats the legal age of consent in Thailand. Its confusing.

13 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Oh this old chestnut again.    Well sorry to burst the bubble of all the sexpats and sex tourists but unless you are a Thai citizen it don't matter what the legal age of consent in Thailand is.   

You can quote all the Thai laws you want but the only thing that matters is what the legal age of consent is in your own country, because virtually all western countries have sex tourism laws that target their own citizens who travel to other countries like Thailand to have sex with young children that they otherwise would not be able to legally do in their own country.   

So if you think the Thai law that says 15 years old is fine, then you are potentially committing a crime in your home country that could put you in prison for decades.   So even if the courts can't prosecute you here, you can be sure of one thing, the Thai's love handing pedos over to Western law enforcement.

Don't be ridiculous. No one on this Forum is advocating having sex with minors or suggesting such a crime is "fine".  Have you even read the thread?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Time Traveller said:

Oh this old chestnut again.    Well sorry to burst the bubble of all the sexpats and sex tourists but unless you are a Thai citizen it don't matter what the legal age of consent in Thailand is.   

You can quote all the Thai laws you want but the only thing that matters is what the legal age of consent is in your own country, because virtually all western countries have sex tourism laws that target their own citizens who travel to other countries like Thailand to have sex with young children that they otherwise would not be able to legally do in their own country.   

So if you think the Thai law that says 15 years old is fine, then you are potentially committing a crime in your home country that could put you in prison for decades.   So even if the courts can't prosecute you here, you can be sure of one thing, the Thai's love handing pedos over to Western law enforcement.

What a stupid comment.

Look up the definition of "pedos" and you should be able to find out that >=15 has nothing to do with that.

I suggest just control your own behavior and don't give useless advice to other people. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/11/2024 at 10:49 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

What do you mean?  That ("otherwise 18") is not correct, it is 15 with no qualifications in the law that states that only applies to "those around the same age".   The OP's question wanted the legal answer, it's legitimacy, not opinions of it's subjective appropriateness.

I agree with you, I presume the law is similar to UK law where a person is deemed capable of understanding and giving consent to having sex once over the age of 16, however the parent's consent has to be obtained in order for a person to marry between 16 and 18 because it is a legal contract (it used to be 16 and 21 until the legal age of adulthood was dropped to 18). Point to note in the UK if 2 kids under 16 have consensual sex and they are found out, the eldest is forced to sign the sex offenders register

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, RobU said:

Good  post Lou it answers the question clearly and succinctly without the suppositions and speculations that others are making

It's just copy and paste from some website.

And it answers nothing, on the contrary, it's misleading and dangerous as discussed above.

Ask him if he ever had sex with a 15y.o. Thai with knowledge of the police, in the last 10 years?

2 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

Good point, even if you exaggerate a little bit (the topic is about an 18y.o., nothing to do with pedos). Has also been mentioned before. 

I don't even know the age of consent in my home country.  It used to be 14 when I studied.

Edited by Lorry

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What a stupid comment.

Look up the definition of "pedos" and you should be able to find out that >=15 has nothing to do with that.

I suggest just control your own behavior and don't give useless advice to other people. 

Another fruitcake. You can tell by the way they're trying to change what has actually been said. Someone was asking about an 18 year old, someone else says the age of consent is 15, then this guy tries to change that to "young children" (which is actually going to be single figures).

Pretty twisted.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lorry said:

It's just copy and paste from some website.

And it answers nothing, on the contrary, it's misleading and dangerous as discussed above.

Ask him if he ever had sex with a 15y.o. Thai with knowledge of the police, in the last 10 years?

Good point, even if you exaggerate a little bit (the topic is about an 18y.o., nothing to do with pedos). Has also been mentioned before. 

I don't even know the age of consent in my home country.  It used to be 14 when I studied.

1200px-Age_of_Consent.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Age_of_Consent.png

Edited by OneMoreFarang

What a bunch of idiots most of you are.

You have not got a clue what you are talking about.

Go back to the beer bars and slosh yourselves in you own stupidity.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Deerculler said:

What a bunch of idiots most of you are.

You have not got a clue what you are talking about.

Go back to the beer bars and slosh yourselves in you own stupidity.

Anyone in particular?  

Perhaps time to close this thread as the OP has his answer.

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Wow.

Age of consent in California and many other states is 18.

So law-abiding Californians, Floridians, etc don't have sex before they turn 18.

Now I understand why they look with disgust at most of the rest of the world,  which according to this map consists mainly of paedophiles who have sex before 18.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Wow.

Age of consent in California and many other states is 18.

So law-abiding Californians, Floridians, etc don't have sex before they turn 18.

Now I understand why they look with disgust at most of the rest of the world,  which according to this map consists mainly of paedophiles who have sex before 18.

Sometime somewhere I read about a case where a young American couple had sex in California. When they split up, he sued her because he was only 17 at that time and she already 18. I think I remember he won that lawsuit. 

• Sad 1

On 5/11/2024 at 8:52 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

What a stupid comment.

15 years old is a child.   

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

5 years old is also a child.

Are they all the same for you? What's your point? 

Do you have learning problems?   Seriously read the posts.   

Several comments claimed that the age of consent is 15 years old in Thailand.   I replied that the Thai age of consent is meaningless because 15 years is illegal for visitors in Thailand. 15 years old is considered a child in most western countries.  Therefore anyone (such as you) trying to downplay the seriousness of involvement with a 15 year old should probably know that the law thinks differently.

And yes, they are all the same. Anyone under 18 is a child. Maybe predators want to think differently

Edited by Time Traveller
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Do you have learning problems?   Seriously read the posts.   

Several comments claimed that the age of consent is 15 years old in Thailand.   I replied that the Thai age of consent is meaningless because 15 years is illegal for visitors in Thailand. 15 years old is considered a child in most western countries.  Therefore anyone (such as you) trying to downplay the seriousness of involvement with a 15 year old should probably know that the law thinks differently.

And yes, they are all the same. Anyone under 18 is a child. Maybe predators want to think differently

I met my Thai girlfriend when she was 16. That was legal in Thailand and legal in my home country.

Her parents didn't object. Nobody else objected. In fact, nobody ever had a problem with our relationship. And we are still together, after many years.

I never met a 15 year old in Thailand who I was attracted to. But I met several 16, 17 and 18 year old girls in gogo bars, and I bought my fair share of drinks for them. I still know some of them now, many years later.

I think most of us have a pretty good idea if teenagers are "children" who have no idea about sex and are not interested in sex. And on the other hand, teenage girls who work in bars, move their body to attract guys, and are not shy to do much more than that. I wouldn't call them children, but I guess that is a question of how you use that word. I am also still the child of my mother, even when we are both "old".

According to Wikipedia pedophiles are interested in children with maximum age 13, in words thirteen. I didn't see anybody here talking about 13 year old and younger. So, all you users of that word, look up the definition and remember it when you comment on questions about 18 years old girls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I met my Thai girlfriend when she was 16. That was legal in Thailand and legal in my home country.

Where did you meet her ?

If she was working in a bar, it would have been illegal 

Edited by Nick Carter icp

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Where did you meet her ?

If she was working in a bar, it would have been illegal 

Really?

If she worked in a bar, then her working in the bar might have been illegal - independent from me.

Is it illegal for anybody to buy girls drinks in bars? I don't think so.

And I don't think visitors of bars are supposed to check the ID cards of girls who they talk or drink with.

When she was my girlfriend, she was my girlfriend, and she didn't work in a bar, and I didn't pay her. She stayed with me because she wanted to stay with me. No prostitution, no problem.

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really?

If she worked in a bar, then her working in the bar might have been illegal - independent from me.

Is it illegal for anybody to buy girls drinks in bars? I don't think so.

And I don't think visitors of bars are supposed to check the ID cards of girls who they talk or drink with.

When she was my girlfriend, she was my girlfriend, and she didn't work in a bar, and I didn't pay her. She stayed with me because she wanted to stay with me. No prostitution, no problem.

If you paid her any money on the night that you met her , that would be categorised as underaged prostitution 

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Her parents didn't object. Nobody else objected. In fact, nobody ever had a problem with our relationship. And we are still together, after many years.

I never met a 15 year old in Thailand who I was attracted to. But I met several 16, 17 and 18 year old girls in gogo bars, and I bought my fair share of drinks for them. I still know some of them now, many years later.

I think most of us have a pretty good idea if teenagers are "children" who have no idea about sex and are not interested in sex. And on the other hand, teenage girls who work in bars, move their body to attract guys, and are not shy to do much more than that. I wouldn't call them children, but I guess that is a question of how you use that word. I am also still the child of my mother, even when we are both "old".

According to Wikipedia pedophiles are interested in children with maximum age 13, in words thirteen. I didn't see anybody here talking about 13 year old and younger. So, all you users of that word, look up the definition and remember it when you comment on questions about 18 years old girls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

Pretty sick for a mature adult to date children.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

Anyone under 18 is a child.

Source? The definition of the word says a child is below the age of puberty.

I think the word you're looking for is adolescent, but you want to make the thing you are criticising sound worse.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Source? The definition of the word says a child is below the age of puberty.

I think the word you're looking for is adolescent, but you want to make the thing you are criticising sound worse.

Human brains don't fully develop until late 20s. A 16yo is very much a child in mind. Sick and disturbing for mature adults to date 16yos. Should be locked up.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Human brains don't fully develop until late 20s. A 16yo is very much a child in mind. Sick and disturbing for mature adults to date 16yos. Should be locked up.

So how about if a 15yo boy has sex with a 16yo girl, is that ok in your view? And would it be the same if that 15yo boy would have sex with a 10yo child? Do you spot the difference?

It can't be so hard.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If you paid her any money on the night that you met her , that would be categorised as underaged prostitution 

Really? 

How about if I bought girls age 16, 17, 18 and 19, who worked in bars, drinks in those bars?

And how about if I gave them 100B tip?

Is that all illegal in your eyes?

Please tell us according to which laws I should be punished.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about if I bought girls age 16, 17, 18 and 19, who worked in bars, drinks in those bars?

It would be illegal!

You must be 20YO to drink in a bar in Thailand

I also believe that Bar staff/bar workers must be 18 YO (some sites say 20) or over but cannot be bought a drink!

Edited by scottiejohn

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really? 

And how about if I gave them 100B tip?

Is that all illegal in your eyes?

Please tell us according to which laws I should be punished.

That would depend on whether you had sex with them or not .

Paying for sex with a 16 year old is considered to be child rape and child prostitution in Thai laws .

As she couldn't legally give consent , its regarded as non consensual sex, which is rape 

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, susanlea said:

It's OK for you to have an opinion on it, of course, but to say that someone dating a 16 year old is dating a child is being dishonest.

I assume you don't like the idea of an adult dating a 16 year old, which is fine, but that is then causing you to want that person to be labelled as someone who is in a relationship with "a child", because you know it sounds worse than "dating a teenager", even though the latter is accurate.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That would depend on whether you had sex with them or not .

Paying for sex with a 16 year old is considered to be child rape and child prostitution in Thai laws .

As she couldn't legally give consent , its regarded as non consensual sex, which is rape 

In the post you referenced he is talking about buying drinks for under 20's

See my answer above!

Edited by scottiejohn
spelling

2 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

In the post you referenced he is talking abot buying drinks for under 20's

See my answer above!

But would that be illegal for him ?

It would be illegal for the bar and her  , but would he be breaking any laws by buying her a drink ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

But would that be illegal for him ?

It would be illegal for the bar and her  , but would he be breaking any laws by buying her a drink ?

Obviously he would!