Long Wait for 90-Day-Report

I was in and out in under twenty minutes for the last few years.  Today (Tuesday), I arrived at 10 a.m. expecting the same, but seeing a crowd of over 100 people, had to wait one hour downstairs and a half hour upstairs.  The 90-Day and Long-Term Visa are now in one queue.  I initially went to the front and showed the 90-Day, but she said to get in the back.  When I finally spoke to her again, she said the rules had changed and everyone had to wait.  This doesn't make sense since you only need a queue number downstairs, and the LT visa requires many documents to check. Does anyone have a suggestion?

3 hours ago, parallaxtech said:

I was in and out in under twenty minutes for the last few years.  Today (Tuesday), I arrived at 10 a.m. expecting the same, but seeing a crowd of over 100 people, had to wait one hour downstairs and a half hour upstairs.  The 90-Day and Long-Term Visa are now in one queue.  I initially went to the front and showed the 90-Day, but she said to get in the back.  When I finally spoke to her again, she said the rules had changed and everyone had to wait.  This doesn't make sense since you only need a queue number downstairs, and the LT visa requires many documents to check. Does anyone have a suggestion?

There are different letters in front of the Queue-number, depending of which service you are waiting for. The 90-days address is a different desk from long-term-stay.

I normally do it online, but there seems to have been problems with the online service lately. Many have complained that they got rejected, me too. So I went to do in person at Samui Immigration a few weeks ago. Came late, as I used to before online – i.e., in the afternoon after the lunch rush – then, there is almost no waiting line, so it was done in less than 15 minutes all together.

• Like 1

Oh, I didn't realize it was closed before today.  Each time I tried online it didn't work.  If anyone is using it consistently, please let me know.  Khun Per, I'm complaining only about the wait on the basement floor, not above in the office.  The 90DR and Long Stay Visa are in one queue.  It took her two seconds to give me the queue number vs 5-10 minutes per person holding stacks of visa papers.  They should have a machine or someone to hand you the queue number for a 90DR.  I will make sure to check on holidays before returning next time.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 1:15 PM, parallaxtech said:

If anyone is using it consistently, please let me know.

I've been using it successfully since it's inception and there are plenty reports in the visa section of others doing the same.  There's also reports of others having problems and as with many Immigration issues it appears different offices may have different requirements.

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 3:29 PM, khunPer said:

I normally do it online, but there seems to have been problems with the online service lately. Many have complained that they got rejected, me too.

I have an online 90-day report with status pending since 5 days ago and received the confirmation of receipt email.

What is a bit worrying is that I didn't get the reminder email which they use to send out a couple of weeks beforehand so something is wacky in their system.

Since I got the confirmation of receipt email then that must count as a 90-day report made in due time right? I shouldn't have to do anything until they either approve or reject the report. 😃

Edited by lom

3 hours ago, lom said:

I have an online 90-day report with status pending since 5 days ago and received the confirmation of receipt email.

What is a bit worrying is that I didn't get the reminder email which they use to send out a couple of weeks beforehand so something is wacky in their system.

Since I got the confirmation of receipt email then that must count as a 90-day report made in due time right? I shouldn't have to do anything until they either approve or reject the report. 😃

You should be able to login and check status online.

On 5/7/2024 at 3:29 PM, khunPer said:

There are different letters in front of the Queue-number, depending of which service you are waiting for. The 90-days address is a different desk from long-term-stay.

I normally do it online, but there seems to have been problems with the online service lately. Many have complained that they got rejected, me too. So I went to do in person at Samui Immigration a few weeks ago. Came late, as I used to before online – i.e., in the afternoon after the lunch rush – then, there is almost no waiting line, so it was done in less than 15 minutes all together.

So how many different queue sections are there now?

1. 90D reporting / RE Permit / Residence Certificate

2. Short term visa extensions

3. Long term visa extensions

Something like that?

Better to get there early, before they open and just wait. That’s what I do.

I agree the new system is crazy for 90 day reports.

I did mine after Songkran, and there were long queues. The woman behind the counter saw that I only had my passport in hand and no papers and called me forward. Once I had the queue number, upstairs was only a ten minute wait.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Better to get there early, before they open and just wait. That’s what I do.

I agree the new system is crazy for 90 day reports.

I did mine after Songkran, and there were long queues. The woman behind the counter saw that I only had my passport in hand and no papers and called me forward. Once I had the queue number, upstairs was only a ten minute wait.

So no filled in form or passport copies required for in person 9OD reporting then?

4 hours ago, yabbra said:

So how many different queue sections are there now?

1. 90D reporting / RE Permit / Residence Certificate

2. Short term visa extensions

3. Long term visa extensions

Something like that?

Yes, something like that, but more than three letters in front of queue-ticket number, some letters are however more equal and called before others...:whistling:

The major queue problem is downstairs, where everybody are in one long line in front of two service-windows. As I mentioned above, when doing a simple 90-days' address report, it is worth coming late when there is no queue downstairs...:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/14/2024 at 5:45 AM, yabbra said:

So no filled in form or passport copies required for in person 9OD reporting then?

Samui Immigration has to my knowledge never used the form – nor copies of passport – for 90 days report. I have for the last about 15 years – so more than one passport – had a little slip with my address scotch-taped to my passport; they only asks for the address written on a small piece of paper.

However, last time I was for unknown reason – like many others – rejected from the online system, so I brought a print of the registration confirmation, which is the form, with me for an in-person report. When I was handed the queue-number downstairs, the lady kept the form: »No use,« she said. The backside of an excellent 80-gram piece of A4 paper was blank – the office saves the environment by reusing backsides of paper for photocopies – so someone will probably get my online form on the back of an info-sheet from the immigration office...:whistling::biggrin:

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I did a online 90D report on Sunday & got approved this morning, so hopefully the issues have been ironed out now...Very happy to not have to make the 25km trek on the motorbike just to do this 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DragonBob said:

I applied on-line last Friday and it was rejected on Sat morning.

Re-applied again on Sat evening and it was accepted Monday arvo.

Any changes between applications?

• Agree 1

This was the reason they rejected:

Incorrect entry date upon entry into the kingdom/ Incorrect visa expiration date.

I didn't put my visa expiration date in the first application as it wasn't indicated by red.

So, second attempt I filled that in as well (I had entered the correct entry date on both)

• Like 2