Anutin alleges betrayal in parliament over cannabis legislation

webfact

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

I doubt too many are influenced by the words that come out of Anutins mouth, but I'm sure many will have changed their opinions to one degree or another  following what appears to have been a targeted media campaign.  I would not like to say whether that was sanctioned or encouraged by any higher authority, or if it was just the media being their usual obnoxious selves

The media is far more powerful in shaping public opinion than any politician could ever hope to be, 

The words that come out of Anutin's mouth are reported by the media, right? So his words are all part and parcel of the "targeted media campaign"! 

2 hours ago, sambum said:

The words that come out of Anutin's mouth are reported by the media, right? So his words are all part and parcel of the "targeted media campaign"! 

But Anutans "dirty farang" comments were uttered years ago during Covid before the recent media frenzy and have been long forgotten except by a few on here. they are nothing to do with his  current statement  which is simply in line with Thai labour laws.  He can only target weed shops operating illegally without the necessary paperwork in place or where foreigners are openly serving customers Personally I have no problem with that, I don't particularly care if he personally dislikes foreigners or not. its his prerogative

I'm actually a little envious of him, there are plenty of people I don't particularly like, but i am no longer allowed to make public statements regarding that. 

As to his previous statement, water off a ducks back as far as I am concerned  and little to be gained by constantly repeating it on here as some insist on doing.  There are too many people too ready to be offended these days

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, sambum said:

so we can see where his priorities lie!

not really surprising considering he is a Thai government minister and this is Thailand.

No it does not particularly concern me, Anotin is rather outspoken but his sentiments are shared by all the others including that slimy rat Pita So if one is prone to worrying there are many others to worry about,regardless of what they have or have not said publicly,  one could easily worry ones self into an early grave,  and then none of this will matter at all

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

not really surprising considering he is a Thai government minister and this is Thailand.

No it does not particularly concern me, Anotin is rather outspoken but his sentiments are shared by all the others including that slimy rat Pita So if one is prone to worrying there are many others to worry about,regardless of what they have or have not said publicly,  one could easily worry ones self into an early grave,  and then none of this will matter at all

There is nothing wrong with a Deputy PM for Thailand having Thailand as his main priority, but there is no need for him to blatantly make it known by his actions and statements that he has no regard whatsoever for the foreigners that his own Government is trying so hard to entice into this  country to spend their dollars/pounds/euros.

It's almost like saying "We want your money, but we don't want you, so come here,  have your holiday, and then b****r off back to where you came from. And those of you who live here are not welcome, but we wil take your money, and if we can squeeze even more out of you by taxing the money that you spend here, we will do." 

Just part of our plans for an "Even More Amazing Thailand"

1 hour ago, sambum said:

It's almost like saying "We want your money, but we don't want you, so come here,  have your holiday, and then b****r off back to where you came from. And those of you who live here are not welcome, but we wil take your money, and if we can squeeze even more out of you by taxing the money that you spend here, we will do." 

Regardless of what any of them are saying,  That is pretty much how they think, The fact that people are still visiting here for holidays and the fact that others are still prepared to live or retire here, means they have no incentive to change their ways.    Any publicity mishaps are smoothed over with sickly TAT marketing campaigns or if the worst comes to the worst a reduction iv visa fees for a few months.

Its not just foreigners they dislike or treat with contempt , the political elite have scant disdain for their own people too

Sill preferable to living in the UK  

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Regardless of what any of them are saying,  That is pretty much how they think, The fact that people are still visiting here for holidays and the fact that others are still prepared to live or retire here, means they have no incentive to change their ways.    Any publicity mishaps are smoothed over with sickly TAT marketing campaigns or if the worst comes to the worst a reduction iv visa fees for a few months.

Its not just foreigners they dislike or treat with contempt , the political elite have scant disdain for their own people too

Sill preferable to living in the UK  

" .......the political elite have scant disdain for their own people too"

I presume you mean "The political elite have scant regard for their own people too" but I get your drift, and agree with you.

6 hours ago, sambum said:

" .......the political elite have scant disdain for their own people too"

I presume you mean "The political elite have scant regard for their own people too" but I get your drift, and agree with you.

Apologies for the grammatical error, it was getting late

Posted (edited)

Cannabis wont be made illegal

1. Foreigners will be preculded from any ownership whatsoever in any part of the supply chain.

2. Regulations will be put in place regarding labeling, potency, contaminations, etc.

3. Smiling dudes will go to every dispensary and collect the soon to be imposed taxes, retroactive to date of first sale.

4. Stree vendors will be all gone.

Edited by Yagoda

9 hours ago, zhounan said:

This egg face guy has both his hands in the business of injections and marijuana.

"This egg face guy"

I like that! 🤣 

3 hours ago, Yagoda said:

4. Street vendors will be all gone

The neon lit emporiums may fade away but I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of discreet dealers offering a "tax free" supply, as there has been since time immemorial 

• Agree 1

On 5/11/2024 at 10:34 AM, sambum said:

I have to agree with HappyExpat57 on this one. I smoked a bit of "weed" in the 60's/70's, and remember  Moroccan Black, Lebanese Gold/Red etc and the type of "buzz" it gave me.

However, one day somebody turned up with some "Skunk" one day, which was "nit noi" higher in THC content, and I was almost "tripping"! 

A point that was made by the late great musician David Crosby in one of his interviews. (For the record, David Crosby - of the Byrds, and Crosby Stills and Nash was heavily involved in all kinds of drugs during his life from "weed" right through to heroin) In the interview he said that the only drug problem he had in the 60's was getting ENOUGH ! But he also said that "the stuff that the kids are smoking these days would have blown my head off - they should make it illegal!" He said it jokingly, but he did say he was serious about the possible hallucogenic effects of the "new breed of weed"

My personal take on this is a little different, having smoked since the late 70's I agree that the selectively bred stuff of recent years is undoubtedly stronger but I also find that tolerance is built up a lot quicker and the "high" lasts a much shorter time.  Back in the UK there is not much else available other than what we nowadays refer to as "green" or "skunk"  regardless of whatever the currently fashionable name has been given to it by those who supply it. Some is stronger than others but its always the first few joints out of a bag that appear the strongest, if one buys in ounces by the time one has reached the bottom  of the bag, which  for me takes around 3 weeks,  it has  always lost its initial kick, due to the effect of increased  tolerance.  I actually think I have damaged my cannabis receptors in some way as I find tolerance breaks more and more necessary.  I also generally pack it in a couple of weeks before coming here and to be honest I am perfectly satisfied smoking reasonable quality brick when over here, I find the high "more rounded" and longer lasting and don't seem to build up tolerance so much either.

On my return to the uk I get the benefit, albeit, short-lived from abstaining from the green for a while but it soon wears a bit thin on me   Others I know report  similar experiences, so its not just me

I'm no expert but i suspect that this may be due to the obsession with more and more THC. generally at the expense of the other cannabinoids which I think also contribute to the effects. I may be wrong and I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to put me right.

I am surprised that Dave Crosby or anybody else of that ilk has reservations regarding the sales of "the strong stuff. possibly a side effect of getting old and a little more responsible,   Lets not forget that alcoholic drinks are available in various strengths, a 700 cc bottle is the standard, and consuming a full bottle of scotch has the potential for many to result in far worse side effects than some mild hallucinations,  sometimes even death, 

Bizarrely in the UK supermarkets have imposed limits on how many packets of paracetamol or aspirin one can buy at one time, yet no such limit applies to  40+%   bottles of alcoholic spirits, not that I am advocating that there should be one

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/10/2024 at 8:38 PM, Dogmatix said:

MFP's policy was also to introduce a proper cannabis law.

I thought that was there opening gambit and they later decided to go for an all out ban too?

On 5/10/2024 at 8:38 PM, Dogmatix said:

Thaksin has family reasons relating to his son for hating drugs of all types.  He also found his war on drugs in the early 2,000s played well with the general public who liked the idea of alleged drug dealers being murdered indiscriminately in so called "silence killings" by other drug dealers, or so the narrative encouraged by him went. It was all smoke and mirrors because they only targeted small time dealers and consumers and left the big fish who were protected by police, army and politicians. So there was no improvement in the amphetamines situation. 

Standard M.O. here. Thailand has never been the best place to be a low hanging fruit. but it really  must be the nearest thing to " heaven on earth" for those who enjoy a certain status

• Agree 1

Now about regulation,    The current laws regarding the consumption of the state endorsed, addictive, mind altering drug known as alcohol are well known There is an age limit below which one is not legally able to purchase it,It cannot be sold in certain locations. Some outlets like supermarkets have even introduced minimum amounts that must be purchased. All  establishments that sell it are obliged to be licenced, and  the times when it can be sold  are restricted, although I'm not sure if pregnant women are forbidden from purchasing it or not.

Many people, evidenced by numerous threads on here over the years consider some of the above to be well over the top.and pretty much an affront to their dignity,      Some of these restrictions also apply to cannabis but  many who don't indulge seem to wish for stronger and stronger restrictions to apply.  Why is that?  Cannabis is in no way more noxious or inherently dangerous than alcohol ,its no more addictive,  and the side effects especially regarding anti social and violent behaviour pale into insignificance when compared to those from alcohol. is it a legacy of reefer madness propaganda or just a fear of the unknown. I reckon its a bit of both

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/10/2024 at 3:35 AM, Bday Prang said:

Why do you care how much he is making out of cannabis, they are all making money out if something, that's the way of the world.

As a Uk taxpayer I don't pay my taxes with the intention of creating a nanny state, I would much rather they addressed more pressing issues, They could start with immigration, cost of living, unemployment , and the economy, People choosing to smoke is none of their concern, 

Corruption, conflict of interest...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Corruption, conflict of interest...

but that exists when ever "business" and politics are intertwined, why pick on cannabis ?  is it because it's .... "drugs"

• Agree 1