Biden's stubbornness signalling terrorists will be rewarded

image.png

Biden's decision to openly threaten to withhold arms deliveries to Israel if they enter for a full invasion Rafah, coupled with a State Department report critiquing Israeli conduct, has raised eyebrows and prompted concern over the future of the Israel-U.S. alliance.

The timing and manner of Biden's intervention have been questioned by observers on both sides of the political spectrum. Firstly, the decision to publicly admonish Israel during a time of conflict has been deemed imprudent by many. Traditionally, close allies engage in private discussions during times of crisis to maintain trust and respect. By airing grievances publicly, Biden risks damaging the delicate balance of the alliance and providing propaganda opportunities to hostile powers.

Moreover, Biden's motives have been called into question. Some critics argue that his actions may be influenced more by domestic politics than genuine concerns for peace and stability in the region. With polls showing Biden trailing behind Donald Trump and facing defections in key swing states, there are suspicions that his stance on Israel may be an attempt to appease certain voter demographics rather than a principled stance on foreign policy.

Furthermore, Biden's approach has been met with skepticism due to its perceived inconsistency. While Biden initially pledged unwavering support for Israel, his recent actions have raised doubts about the reliability of U.S. commitments. By wavering on his promises, Biden risks undermining the strategic relationship between the two countries and eroding trust in U.S. leadership.

The substance of Biden's threat and the State Department's report have also come under scrutiny. Critics argue that the report lacks specificity and is riddled with contradictions, reflecting internal discord within the Biden administration. Additionally, the decision to assess Israeli conduct during an ongoing conflict has been criticized as premature and potentially counterproductive. A fair and accurate evaluation of the situation would be best conducted after the dust has settled and all relevant information is available.

One of the key points of contention is Biden's objection to Israel entering Rafah, a move seen by many as crucial to eliminating Hamas's military capabilities. By hindering Israel's ability to defend itself, Biden risks emboldening terrorist organizations and sending a dangerous message that barbarism will be rewarded. The moral culpability for civilian casualties lies with Hamas, yet Biden's stance could inadvertently empower them and undermine Israel's right to self-defense.

As the situation continues to unfold, the onus lies with Israel's war cabinet to make critical decisions regarding its military strategy. Biden's threat to cut off arms deliveries will undoubtedly feature prominently in discussions about Israel's next steps. However, regardless of the outcome, it is clear that Biden's handling of the situation has introduced new complexities and uncertainties into the Israel-U.S. relationship.

Opinion: John Bolton former US National Security Advisor

Credit: Daily Telegraph 2024-05-14

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Social Media said:

Also seems to be Cameron's opinion

UK ban on selling arms to Israel would strengthen Hamas, says Cameron

"Just to simply announce today that we will change our approach on arms exports, it would make Hamas stronger and it would make a hostage deal less likely," he adds.

He said he wanted instead to focus on "hammering away every day" on getting humanitarian aid into Gaza.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-68999212

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Seems that Joe thinks that it is OK to put out 80% of a fire.   Amazing to hear what his position was not so many years ago on the same issue. He was adamant that Israel should wipe out Hamas AND Hezbollah.   Also it is very sad to hear how he used to speak and answer questions. He was rarely right, but he was at least lucid and had some control over his voice.  

This is before joe became obumer's puppet... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

No surprise.

The US has a long history of abandoning it's allies and withdrawing from overseas conflicts when the going gets tough or support from US voters appears to be waning. Add to the fact that Joe can't remember what he said 5 minutes ago, let alone last year and we can all see the writing is on the wall here. 

• Like 2

Biden fears for his re-election .

Public opinion in the US is at a tipping point because many US taxpayers do not want to pay for a genocide . ( Thanks to the students ! )

Ukraine needs weapons and military equipment to defend themselves much more than Israel .

Stop the Hypocrisy and help who really needs help instead of spending money for political reasons only .

Biden - be careful - your policies bring trouble to your own political party .

One who is happy about this is Trump .

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, kir94 said:

Israel's genocidal policies have resulted in the deaths of thousands of Palestinian women and children and the almost total destruction of Palestinian society. Israel's actions have clearly demonstrated that is no longer fit to be a member of civilized nations.

The only way to remove Hamas and stop the endless violence is for the world to pressure Israel to destroy its racist Apartheid system and replace it with a form of government which guarantee political rights and freedoms for all of the citizens of greater Palestine.

The only end to this is for Hamas to release all hostages without conditions and put their hands up and surrender. At least when Jimmy Carter was in charge we remembered the hostage situation. 5he only reason t all to reason with Hamas is to get a hostage out or find a weak spot to kill them. That's standard protocol for a hostage negotiator. 

I have never seen a situation in my country wheee you take hostages, kill, rape and burn people and don't die or go to prison. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

is Joe with Hamas or Israel? Depends on the day and what brand of ironclad you use.

Hamas are terrorists . Not only they butchered the Israeli festival goers , but they sacrificed the palestinian population of Gaza for their disastrous cause .

Stopping the slaughter of palestinian families , women and kids , destroying hospitals etc , is something different .

Your question is wrong .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Hamas are terrorists . Not only they butchered the Israeli festival goers , but they sacrificed the palestinian population of Gaza for their disastrous cause .

Stopping the slaughter of palestinian families , women and kids , destroying hospitals etc , is something different .

Your question is wrong .

The biggest favor Hamas has done for the world is they killed Joe Biden's second term.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Cryingdick said:

The biggest favor Hamas has done for the world is they killed Joe Biden's second term.

You really think Trump will be better ?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

If you don't live in the USA right now you may not understand how things are here. 

Well I don’t know what your problem is but I and my family are thriving although the interest rates are a bit high I want to buy an rv but I can wait perhaps the problem is you and not the other way around hummm?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

Well I don’t know what your problem is but I and my family are thriving although the interest rates are a bit high I want to buy an rv but I can wait perhaps the problem is you and not the other way around hummm?

I own an Rv and the pieces of land to park them on and have  a main residence. I have added my thoughts on the D list city thread. I wish you well on getting a good rate on an RV because these days the rates aren't cheap. If you haven't been living in the USA it gets worse as you don't have a credit history. 

if you plan to do it full time be aware RV sites anywhere nice are over $1,000 a month. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Social Media said:

image.png

Biden's decision to openly threaten to withhold arms deliveries to Israel if they enter for a full invasion Rafah, coupled with a State Department report critiquing Israeli conduct, has raised eyebrows and prompted concern over the future of the Israel-U.S. alliance.

The timing and manner of Biden's intervention have been questioned by observers on both sides of the political spectrum. Firstly, the decision to publicly admonish Israel during a time of conflict has been deemed imprudent by many. Traditionally, close allies engage in private discussions during times of crisis to maintain trust and respect. By airing grievances publicly, Biden risks damaging the delicate balance of the alliance and providing propaganda opportunities to hostile powers.

Moreover, Biden's motives have been called into question. Some critics argue that his actions may be influenced more by domestic politics than genuine concerns for peace and stability in the region. With polls showing Biden trailing behind Donald Trump and facing defections in key swing states, there are suspicions that his stance on Israel may be an attempt to appease certain voter demographics rather than a principled stance on foreign policy.

Furthermore, Biden's approach has been met with skepticism due to its perceived inconsistency. While Biden initially pledged unwavering support for Israel, his recent actions have raised doubts about the reliability of U.S. commitments. By wavering on his promises, Biden risks undermining the strategic relationship between the two countries and eroding trust in U.S. leadership.

The substance of Biden's threat and the State Department's report have also come under scrutiny. Critics argue that the report lacks specificity and is riddled with contradictions, reflecting internal discord within the Biden administration. Additionally, the decision to assess Israeli conduct during an ongoing conflict has been criticized as premature and potentially counterproductive. A fair and accurate evaluation of the situation would be best conducted after the dust has settled and all relevant information is available.

One of the key points of contention is Biden's objection to Israel entering Rafah, a move seen by many as crucial to eliminating Hamas's military capabilities. By hindering Israel's ability to defend itself, Biden risks emboldening terrorist organizations and sending a dangerous message that barbarism will be rewarded. The moral culpability for civilian casualties lies with Hamas, yet Biden's stance could inadvertently empower them and undermine Israel's right to self-defense.

As the situation continues to unfold, the onus lies with Israel's war cabinet to make critical decisions regarding its military strategy. Biden's threat to cut off arms deliveries will undoubtedly feature prominently in discussions about Israel's next steps. However, regardless of the outcome, it is clear that Biden's handling of the situation has introduced new complexities and uncertainties into the Israel-U.S. relationship.

Credit: Daily Telegraph 2024-05-14

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I don't know who wrote this article, but obviously someone who was brainwashed and blindfolded.

Biden should be even more stricter and deny all weapons to Israel to attack other countries.

US should not support any genocide or eradication of Palestinians🙏

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, newbee2022 said:

I don't know who wrote this article, but obviously someone who was brainwashed and blindfolded.

Biden should be even more stricter and deny all weapons to Israel to attack other countries.

US should not support any genocide or eradication of Palestinians🙏

biden has no legal path or argument to prevent and measures that made it through both the house and senate. He can oppose it but to block it isn't with in his authority legally.

• Agree 1