How to lower electric usage to reduce electric bill?

17 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Most apartments will charge their own rate, most condos, having private owners, will get government rated bills direct from the MEA/PEA.

Wasn’t there a law made where if there was above a certain number of condos in a building they could only charge government rates albeit I doubt it’s ever enforced ?

As you know, condos and apartments are not the same things although many people, wrongly, refer to their apartments as condos. 

I don't know about that law you reference but condos (not apartments) are billed direct to the individual condo owners from the MEA or PEA, whereas apartments are generally billed to their tenants from the juristic office based on their contracted unit rate.

I just got the biggest electric bill ever in Thailand BT3,500, my bill is usually around BT2000, I use 1 aircon unit which was resenty renewed to inverter type, it was fine for the first few months sub Bt2000 but the last 2 months has seen a huge increase, the old unit never produced a bill like this never ever above Bt2500 in hot weather, I run ot at 28/9 deg, I actually think the unit has developed a fault

On 5/15/2024 at 10:37 AM, RolandRat said:

Yes, mine has a dry setting. Does it really consume less electricity?

While I oft use the "Dry" setting, I have not done a monthlong comparison ... and month to month, weather varies so not worth my spending time on, in all honesty. I have relied on reading only.