Foreigners Working In Thailand

1. The Labour Protection Act B.E. 2541 (1998) controls employment in the Kingdom of Thailand.

2. Foreigners who intend to work in Thailand are subject to the Alien Employment Act B.E. 2521 (A.D. 1978).

What ties 2 to 1? There must be something in one of them that refers to 1 expressly applying to Foreigners working in thailand, but what is it?

Think we all know that Foreigners working here need a work permit, etc, and therefore 1 does apply to them. But i have an employer being difficult in a claim against them so what can i show that proves categorically that my employment IS governed by Thai Labour laws and in particular 1 and 2.

Can any lawyer or Subbelt reading can advise? If we can nail this down i think a lot of people with have the answer that they are always coming to these pages for - maybe a permanent posting.

I think there was a member here who won a labour court verdict even though he didn't have a work permit: meaning they don't have to be linked. You are technically protected in all scenario's, even though you do ultimately need a work permit

Check Donna's thread in the business and economics section. I think you'll find the link there.