86 Year Old Thai Man Murders Friend Over 'Lack of Respect'

webfact

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Grown men also fight ,   Sometimes 1000's of them all at one time, often to the sounds of trumpets and drums   are they all akin to  children ?  even the ones who are awarded military honours?

Please, explain the resemblance to this thread. Were they at war?

19 hours ago, craighj said:

Two glasses of Lao Khao would have been enough to send the old fella over the edge.  Life imprisonment means a couple of years by the look of him 🙂

I don't know, in Thai prison will he get 3 hots and a cot?

Might extend his life.

20 hours ago, craighj said:

Two glasses of Lao Khao would have been enough to send the old fella over the edge.  Life imprisonment means a couple of years by the look of him 🙂

at the speed cases like this progress, doubt he'll even make is first court appearance.  

23 hours ago, Purdey said:

He may regret everything when he sobers up. No mention of his family.

I am amazed that as he was drunk in the morning, that means an obvious drink problem, no big titties or big fat beer belly.

20 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

I don't know, in Thai prison will he get 3 hots and a cot?

Might extend his life.

which Thai prison is that, he'll be lucky to even get a spot on the concrete floor.

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

which Thai prison is that, he'll be lucky to even get a spot on the concrete floor.

"I don't know, in Thai prison will he get 3 hots and a cot?"

This is what is called a question.

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Please, explain the resemblance to this thread. Were they at war?

didn't really think it would be necessary but , just for you....  Grown men fight , always have and always will, they will fight for a variety reasons its human nature, To label them as babies is incorrect, babies do not fight, and are not capable of doing so.    To protect ones self, ones family , or ones possessions would be considered a justifiable reason for fighting by most people and for some  protecting or preserving ones honour would also be considered a good enough reason. Add some alcohol and some will always  find  a reason.    In my opinion any of the above are more valid to most than fighting under the orders of a military commander due to a hostile situation created by politicians

Your simplistic and inaccurate  labelling of people fighting as babies, was nothing more than an attempt to present yourself as in someway superior

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

didn't really think it would be necessary but , just for you....  Grown men fight , always have and always will, they will fight for a variety reasons its human nature, To label them as babies is incorrect, babies do not fight, and are not capable of doing so.    To protect ones self, ones family , or ones possessions would be considered a justifiable reason for fighting by most people and for some  protecting or preserving ones honour would also be considered a good enough reason. Add some alcohol and some will always  find  a reason.    In my opinion any of the above are more valid to most than fighting under the orders of a military commander due to a hostile situation created by politicians

Your simplistic and inaccurate  labelling of people fighting as babies, was nothing more than an attempt to present yourself as in someway superior

Wow! Really need to talk to you. What do charge per hour? 😂

On 5/15/2024 at 6:55 AM, webfact said:

The shocking incident serves as a grim reminder of how quickly social gatherings can turn deadly when alcohol and deep-seated issues of respect and honour are involved.

The real problem is that this type of person has no concept of honor or respect... suffice it to say that it has nothing to do with "mememe" that is so prevalent today

On 5/15/2024 at 12:00 PM, 2baht said:

Fragile! Face! The downfall of Thai culture!

Well after 86 years of freedom, who would want to be locked up for their twilight years. Loosing face carries terrible penalties. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 1:00 AM, 2baht said:

Fragile! Face! The downfall of Thai culture!

nonsense, you think people only thai people behave like this? you have very limited experience of the world.

you only have to look at the usa to see similar behavior,  on a far greater scale, and if you knew anything about latin and south american culture... or mongolia - where if your foot touches someone else's or you touch someones hat then it's fight time.

thais are, in reflection, quite restrained.

Edited by it is what it is

1 hour ago, it is what it is said:

nonsense, you think people only thai people behave like this? you have very limited experience of the world.

The comment is NOT about the world, get with the program!!! 🙄 

On 5/15/2024 at 8:25 PM, Gottfrid said:

No, but babies and small children fight in the sandbox over toys. Imagine that escalating when the mind does not develop and find itself in an adult body.

However, you did not understand my post from start, so you will probably have difficulties with this one as well.

I did understand it. It is a common and exceedingly lame trope around here. I thought the anti Thailand brigade would have been able to think of something better by now. But apparently not.  

3 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

I did understand it. It is a common and exceedingly lame trope around here. I thought the anti Thailand brigade would have been able to think of something better by now. But apparently not.  

No you don´t seem to understand anything. What has telling the truth to do with lame troops of anti Thailand brigades? I am definitely not anti Thailand in any way. Just learned during the many years I have been living here. It all has to do with saving face, as the most important thing between Thais. Also the communicative skills to solve a problem from escalating are not present. Instead, things resort to violence, because of face saving society as well as most schools and the whole government under-educate it´s general population. A big reason for that, is they want the people to stay in the dark, as the ruling elite that way can continue to hold the money, positions and power in the country.