Can someone recommend the best Tailor shop at Thonglhor?

Chris official

Posted (edited)

Quite likely difficult for anyone to evaluate as there is very little basis for comparison, unless someone has had a number of suits from a range of different tailors and can identify the better one. 

.. People get a suit and that's that...   they like it.. and thats their recommendation, when in reality, another tailor may be better.

From a personal perspective - I've had 3 suits made in Thailand over the years, from three difference tailors and I wasn't really that impressed with them. 

Being 'normally sized' I found that an off the rack suit from a decent brand to be much better, only requiring adjustment for leg-length (as they come).

That said, the off the rack brands were Boss, Paul Smith and Givenchy - so the price point very different at 50-60,000 baht, compared to the 15,000 baht or so for a Tailored suit - the issue I found with the tailored suits was that they just didn't hold their shape well enough so they didn't get much wear.

There was a sponsored article on this site yesterday - I'd be tempted to give a suit from there a try... Its near Thonglor, so perhaps worth a throw of the dice.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1327257-a-guide-through-the-world-of-your-bespoke-suit/

https://classbespoke.com/

Perhaps someone has been there and can comment. 

Edited by richard_smith237

Thank you so much . Yes I think Class Bespoke Tailor looks great I visited their website www.classbespoke.com and their social media and seems interesting I will take a look since its near the Samitivej Hospital at Thonglhor 13 so not that far from me and price wise looks great and in my Budget. Thanks a lot !! I will do a suit and update about results.