Rats on the rampage: Infestations hit Pattaya beaches

snoop1130

10 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

“Threatening the areas cleanliness and charm”

🤣

Yea that's a laugh alright.If it's the same up there then here in the South ,Stupid people Feeding the vermin rats in the storm water drains and the Soi dogs on the footpath.

Absolutely Brainless.

14 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

Have you ever tried to buy a real rat trap in Thailand?  The spring loaded kind that will kill a rat? 

They only sell the non-lethal traps here, so people trap rats and then release them a few blocks away.  This doesn't solve the problem, it just relocates it.

I finally solved my rat problem by acquiring a furry, purring anti-rat device!

You do understand basic Thai culture and Buddhist beliefs?

Thai's place living in Harmony with their environment Highly.

A friend told a story about having to wait for his Wife to be away for a day so he could hire an exterminator for Roaches and Ants.

If do something to a Soi Dog and local Thai's are around there could be an argument. 

With the trash, shelter with tarped wrapped chairs and water sounds like prime environment for something to live

7 hours ago, balo said:

Really this is news?  I spotted rats the first time I visited Pattaya beach 20 years ago.  At first I was shocked but then I went to the local street vendor nearby to get some food, and the rats were crawling all over the place.  I suddenly changed my mind.  

I purchased delicious Indian food from a local home across the road for a year, until I noticed big rats running along exposed ceiling pipes, which were above the food prep area.

I was pretty much 3% rat urine spray/feces during that time.. but that lady (with help of the rats   image.png.db6ba0af3485ce9f7f1ec272398e766f.png ) made the best madras, and on a side note, had the hairiest legs I've seen in a long time.

Release some cats in the area. They will sort them out in no time. The cats will probably not even eat them, just like the hunt and kill. Great predators... Didn't have rodent or squirrel problem since my cat moved in. Got a few "gifts" from him too. And better than a guard dog, bites anybody he doesn't recognize, unless they are with any of us.  

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

I seen many rats along the BTS system in Bangkok. Did some of them catch a ride to Pattaya?

Maybe the tropical countries are enjoyed by rats as well as cats, dogs and the other animals

as well.

23 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

Have you ever tried to buy a real rat trap in Thailand?  The spring loaded kind that will kill a rat? 

They only sell the non-lethal traps here, so people trap rats and then release them a few blocks away.  This doesn't solve the problem, it just relocates it.

I finally solved my rat problem by acquiring a furry, purring anti-rat device!

Not me I drop the rat trap in a 20 ltr bucket of water.

On 5/17/2024 at 5:52 AM, Geoffggi said:

Nothing new here, Pattaya beach road has been infested with rats for a long time

40 years that i know of

On 5/17/2024 at 5:52 AM, Geoffggi said:

Nothing new here, Pattaya beach road has been infested with rats for a long time

40 years that i know of

Posted (edited)

Who's surprised, eating on the beach, Garbage thrown everywhere,  lack of  Thai hygiene, its  a haven for Rats & Roaches for the last 40 years that I know of...My Jack Russell's a Thai, he can work, and help rid of them lol 

Edited by actonion

9 hours ago, J Branche said:

Except when behind the wheel of a car perhaps?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/17/2024 at 1:50 PM, ujayujay said:

You don't seem to be the brightest candle, kill the street dogs and possibly all the snakes too, is the opposite; the rats are multiplying uncontrollably....do you understand this.....I think not really:cheesy:

I can remember a TV programme on British TV years ago. They showed a village in Thailand that was catching snakes and selling them. The only problem was that the snakes kept the rat population down. They were being overrun by rats.

• Haha 1

Wrap a metal cylinder (1 foot length) around all the trees, stops the rodents from getting up into the trees to make nests and keep out of view... saves you 3/4 of the battle.

On 5/17/2024 at 11:04 PM, J Branche said:

Is that why they throw plastic bottles and bags out of their vehicles on a regular basis?

Flytip their rubbish anywhere they please?

I see very little evidence of what you state.