How is your weekend going?

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Went out last night with a pal for an Indian curry and a few beers. Got up at 5:30am and was out cycling 20km with a friend to a local lake and back, weather was great. Had a banana smoothie and a hot latte on the way back. Lunch was a pepper ham sandwich with a wine cooler, watched some TV (sugar).

Great weekend so far .........

You are recovered then? That makes it even better.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Keeps said:

Can you recommend a good Indian restaurant for when I am in Chiang Mai next month? 

Accha, by the Nimman1 Mall is a big cut above the usual gravy-sludge. And the have S.Indian food too. 'Order in about every other week.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Accha, by the Nimman1 Mall is a big cut above the usual gravy-sludge. And the have S.Indian food too. 'Order in about every other week.

Thanks for that. Have you ever tried House of Paella in Nimman (think it's soi 12 or 13) and if so, is it worth a visit?

Just now, Keeps said:

Thanks for that. Have you ever tried House of Paella in Nimman?

They may have moved on. They were saying as much last year. I live hopping distance away, so I'll have look-in for you. But yeah, lovely and a bargain. Beautiful, very quiet soi to stay on.

My own weekend thread has some Nimman Recco's. We eat out/order in every single meal from within a 5 minute walk of soi 15.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

They may have moved on. They were saying as much last year. I live hopping distance away, so I'll have look-in for you. But yeah, lovely and a bargain. Beautiful, very quiet soi to stay on.

My own weekend thread has some Nimman Recco's. We eat out/order in every single meal from within a 5 minute walk of soi 15.

Thanks for that - if you do notice that they are still there or have moved please do let me know. Thank you.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

I did Qi Gong and the gym 2 days in a row, one after another. The Qi Gong def revs me up for the weights, but a lie-down afterwards is necessary. I read 2 self-published books by a guy who floats down various Thai rivers -pretty good.

Food-wise, my wife is back from her Bluegrass Festival back in the Blue Ridges and installing a hot tub in our AirBnb (already seriously upping our bookings), so she's been hungry for our favorites. We ordered in a big mezz platter from always stellar Hummus Chiang, Mai.

We had 200 baht pad from Ging Grie, the Thai place around the corner (soon to be Michelin'd). Tom Young Goon, stinky Issan somtam, and an order of black sticky rice -pretty much our go-to order. I took some grief here for eating 200 baht pad thai, but it the best I ever had. It's reference-pad thai.

We went out to Sushi Umai, which tops every Chiang Mai sushi listing (a deal for the quality) and to a new a/c 90 baht place called JEAB, 500 steps away. It's only a little bit less good than Ging Grie. Sunday, we'll splurge on oysters at Mer by the Ping River -1,500 baht a dozen, but they are monsters. I really missed her, so we've been staring at each other hard for days.

I went to a new-agey crystal bowl and gong concert today -if you can call an event where you lie down on a mat and let the vibes wash over you a concert. Prob a one and done. I really wished I hadn't quit weed. Lovely people, will def go back for a workshop or something.

Tomorrow, we're going to Church. She wants to meet other older white women. I told her, you gotta fish where the fish are. It's a very liberal, inter-donomination church, so prob not too bad. And it's near the oysters.

How much were you paid for each establishment/item you mentioned in your meaningless ramble?

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

How much were you paid for each establishment/item you mentioned in your meaningless ramble?

I said what I did. I didn't say what you should do.

How 'bout a nice rubber beer cozy to keep that Chang cold?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, GrungthepGringo said:

Social strata flexing. 

Nah, I like posts with prices. My eating out is no personal diss on you.

Some people come here to get laid. I got laid at home. We came here to eat.

Whatever your $$$-deal is, I hope you like it.

But there are other legs to hump here like a demented German Shepard. Don't feel like you have to keep on humping mine.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Some people come here to get laid.

But there are other legs to hump here like a demented German Shepard.

Have no idea what you are nannering on about. But never mind. No need to explain further. I would be polite and say it sounds fun, but then again I would be lying. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, GrungthepGringo said:

Have no idea what you are nannering on about. 

Most pathetically passive-aggressive impotent swipe ever. I sense the stench of the English.

Crystal Gong show was only 300 baht, in your terms, the same as a lady drink.

Don't postpone joy. Bang a gong. Get it on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Prubangboy said:

I've only been to a couple but that one was really top notch. Would recommend. Not cheap however.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Most pathetically passive-aggressive impotent swipe ever. I sense the stench of the English.

Crystal Gong show was only 300 baht, in your terms, the same as a lady drink.

Don't postpone joy. Bang a gong. Get it on.

Lol, gets even stranger and more confusing with each passing post. Keep going. You're on a roll. How about another glamorous 320-word slab of drivel about what you did today? Cmon, surely you are up to it. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, GrungthepGringo said:

Lol, gets even stranger and more confusing with each passing post. Keep going. You're on a roll. How about another glamorous 320-word slab of drivel about what you did today? Cmon, surely you are up to it. 

What kind of drunken Chav life is this, following me around, sniffing my old man butt?

Please, have some self-respect.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

What kind of drunken Chav life is this, following me around, sniffing my old man butt?

Please, have some self-respect.

I'm almost in tears laughing so I thank you for that. But seriously bro, no need to give yourself a wedgie over this. In fact, the weekend is still young. How about tomorrow you go for a prostate massage and write us an essay about it. 

• Haha 2

At the gym, soon boxing Usyk vs Fury, and really hope Usyk knock out Fury in 20 sec! But my money is on  Usyk goes the distance and win on points.

Posted (edited)

Ring walk now, just about to start. Tyson Fury look 10 years younger since Francis Ngannou fight and in better shape. 

Usyk look ice cold and focused

Edited by Hummin

19 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

My girlfriend decided to bring the fish tank inside because it might reduce the algae.  So now I have constant Japanese water torture.  Splashing water 24/7.  I could spend years explaining that the water is not fresh it doesn't matter how many pumps or blue dye you put in the tank the water is not fresh it doesn't matter where the tank is the water is not fresh.

Reducing direct sunlight will reduce algae... she is correct.