How is your weekend going?

9 hours ago, GrungthepGringo said:

Lol, gets even stranger and more confusing with each passing post. Keep going. You're on a roll. How about another glamorous 320-word slab of drivel about what you did today? Cmon, surely you are up to it. 

Please don't encourage him!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

How much were you paid for each establishment/item you mentioned in your meaningless ramble?

Rather than just criticise why not contribute to the topic, so, how's your weekend going?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Covid test - lol

Tell me Mr PJ71 what is so funny about taking a Covid test if you have the symptoms.

It is still around and people are still dying from it.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

After a 14 hour day at work yesterday

Omg, strange that you come to Thailand to work yourself to death. 

I have worked in Thailand, offshore, Songkhla, 12 hour days, on a 28 day rotation, had every other month to spend in Thailand with my family relaxing. 

Thailand is for travelling, relaxing, spending time with your loved ones, now you are posting negativity, having a miserable weekend. 

Looking back through the thread, it's weird that some are having a miserable time here. 

Is Thailand the right place for you right now!? 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Omg, strange that you come to Thailand to work yourself to death. 

I have worked in Thailand, offshore, Songkhla, 12 hour days, on a 28 day rotation, had every other month to spend in Thailand with my family relaxing. 

Thailand is for travelling, relaxing, spending time with your loved ones, now you are posting negativity, having a miserable weekend. 

Looking back through the thread, it's weird that some are having a miserable time here. 

Is Thailand the right place for you right now!? 

Some of us moved here for work !

I do throughly enjoy my weekends, mostly lazing around the pool sinking a few tubes and cooking some bangers on the bbq.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Some of us moved here for work !

Why would you move to Thailand to work yourself to death? 

Why not work in your home country, earn yourself great money, then come here and holiday and live like a KING 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, SAFETY FIRST said:

Why would you move to Thailand to work yourself to death? 

Why not work in your home country, earn yourself great money, then come here and holiday. 

Live like a KING 

I earn great money here and live like a king.... something I cannot do in my home country.

Thats why I moved here.

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

I earn great money here and live like a king.... something I cannot do in my home country.

Thats why I moved here.

Oldmate who started the thread seems miserable. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Mine is awful obviously.  After a 14 hour day at work yesterday I am now doing some work at home on the weekend.  Now a person in the village has decided to fire a starting pistol at random intervals.  I can only assume he scaring away the birds from his vegetable patch.  Another freak is grinding sheet metal.  My girlfriend decided to bring the fish tank inside because it might reduce the algae.  So now I have constant Japanese water torture.  Splashing water 24/7.  I could spend years explaining that the water is not fresh it doesn't matter how many pumps or blue dye you put in the tank the water is not fresh it doesn't matter where the tank is the water is not fresh.

Good for you as your sole choice. 
Why would anyone want display their unfortunate grief and gripe on a forum. Is  the situation that one has chosen so bad that they can’t execute a solution? Or has failing to do so is what brings such misery upon one’s self? 

21 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

How about you?  How is your weekend going?

Absolutely wonderful and no complaints at all…just like every day

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Tell me Mr PJ71 what is so funny about taking a Covid test if you have the symptoms.

It is still around and people are still dying from it.

People are dying from a lot of things, a lot of the covid deaths were people with underlying health conditions.

I'm amazed people still care about covid. As someone that travelled all through the pandemic and quarantined in multiple countries multiple times it was a royal PITA. 

I am caught up in a Thai soap, Started Friday when my wife was at her shop enjoying a beer with her friends/couples from neighboring shops, her direct neighbors wife, A very big lady twice the size of her, who's husband owns the row of shops, suddenly appeared brandishing a plastic bottle accused her of having an affair with her husband (who was not even there), and thumped her on the forehead with the base of the bottle, I can imagine that as being quite painful, :crying: In tears she rang her friend, who came and took her to the Police station to make a report, which she duly did, the cops told her to go to hospital to get a report, she was to upset to do that, x-rays wouldn't show anything anyway IMO, She came home with her friend completely bawling her eyes out  😭😭 not even able to tell me what had happened until Saturday morning, she was looking really haggard, she hardly slept, and was to scared to even go and open her shop, in case she came again, but she has gone today, the cops said come again if she repeats it :post-4641-1156694572: . I now have to think about setting up a CTV camera. It is a small village and no other shops are available. So, so far not a good weekend.

My wife is a good lady, not only does she struggle to make her shop pay, Repairing clothes, beauty stuff, selling food, she is a health volunteer, and a Trash Hero. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I have worked a lot the last weeks and also moved to another apartment, so last Sunday I thought that I should go out and have a beer. I Live in Jomtien and get to a bar on the soi that starts from Beach Road, where the Royal  Palace Hotel is, and ends at Second Road. I was going to a specific bar because I know a bargirl there. Know, nothing more. When I come to the bar, it is not one of those "hole-in the wall bars" it is bigger and looks pretty good, it has no name. The bargirl I did know saw me and came and hug me. I went in and take a place at the bar desk and ordered a beer. The bargirl asked for a ladydrink. I said, "hey, I have lived in Thailand for ten years and is it one thing that I have learned during those years it is to never buy a ladydrink. She goes on asking and after a while I said, "Ok, I could buy you a beer, same as I drink, and same price. Ok, she said, thanks. I realised that she also took the same to one of her friends but thought ok, such happens. Then I looked at the bill, it said that I had ordered three beers and that I should pay 380 baht. I turned to the cachier and asked , "How mutch cost a beer? 70 baht, she said. Then you have to change this I said, because three beers for 70 baht each is 210 baht, not 380. The cachier said no and started arguing with me. I get angry and said, with a rather strong voice that she should stop and just change the bill. After a while of argumentation, she said ok, I change it, just wait. After a while I get a new bill, this time on 260 baht. No, still wrong I said, that before you be a cashier you have to learn to count. It should be 210 bah. ´She started arguing again. Stupid women I thought, everyone in the bar is listening now and drawing their conclusions,210 baht, nothing more nothing less. After some more arguing she gives me a new bill, 220 baht. No, I said, 210 baht. She gave me 10 baht in 1 baht and I gave her 200 baths and said, I will never come back. I left the bar with no name for the last time.

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Parsve said:

I have worked a lot the last weeks and also moved to another apartment, so last Sunday I thought that I should go out and have a beer. I Live in Jomtien and get to a bar on the soi that starts from Beach Road, where the Royal  Palace Hotel is, and ends at Second Road. I was going to a specific bar because I know a bargirl there. Know, nothing more. When I come to the bar, it is not one of those "hole-in the wall bars" it is bigger and looks pretty good, it has no name. The bargirl I did know saw me and came and hug me. I went in and take a place at the bar desk and ordered a beer. The bargirl asked for a ladydrink. I said, "hey, I have lived in Thailand for ten years and is it one thing that I have learned during those years it is to never buy a ladydrink. She goes on asking and after a while I said, "Ok, I could buy you a beer, same as I drink, and same price. Ok, she said, thanks. I realised that she also took the same to one of her friends but thought ok, such happens. Then I looked at the bill, it said that I had ordered three beers and that I should pay 380 baht. I turned to the cachier and asked , "How mutch cost a beer? 70 baht, she said. Then you have to change this I said, because three beers for 70 baht each is 210 baht, not 380. The cachier said no and started arguing with me. I get angry and said, with a rather strong voice that she should stop and just change the bill. After a while of argumentation, she said ok, I change it, just wait. After a while I get a new bill, this time on 260 baht. No, still wrong I said, that before you be a cashier you have to learn to count. It should be 210 bah. ´She started arguing again. Stupid women I thought, everyone in the bar is listening now and drawing their conclusions,210 baht, nothing more nothing less. After some more arguing she gives me a new bill, 220 baht. No, I said, 210 baht. She gave me 10 baht in 1 baht and I gave her 200 baths and said, I will never come back. I left the bar with no name for the last time.

Well done. Nobody is going to ever overcharge you 10 Baht in a bar. You should always fight for the last Baht until the end as you did. Plus, you've taught the women in that bar such a valuable lesson that they have learned immensely from and which they will never forget. 

And since you've been in Thailand for 10 years, you've certainly earned yourself the right to hug and sit with bar girls for free while they are working!

Do you know bob smith? He would be very very proud of you! 

bob, oh bob, where are you? 

Edited by GrungthepGringo
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, GrungthepGringo said:

Well done. Nobody is going to ever overcharge you 10 Baht in a bar. You should always fight for the last Baht until the end as you did. Plus, you've taught the women in that bar such a valuable lesson that they have learned immensely from and which they will never forget. 

And since you've been in Thailand for 10 years, you've certainly earned yourself the right to hug and sit with bar girls for free while they are working!

Do you know bob smith? He would be very very proud of you! 

First of all, it was 170 baht, not ten. Secondly, it is up to you if you like to be scammed and up to me if I do not like it.

24 minutes ago, Parsve said:

First of all, it was 170 baht, not ten. Secondly, it is up to you if you like to be scammed and up to me if I do not like it.

Third, I wrote that she hugged me, not the other way around, Start your brain before you tap the keyboard.

On 5/21/2024 at 11:04 PM, Parsve said:

Where did you learn that you should never buy a lady drink? From one of the Thailand 'experts' on youtube no doubt.