Test Results Indicate 10-Year-Old Rice is Safe to Eat

15 hours ago, Puccini said:

There was some talk in the newspapers ten years ago about a government official being involved in corruption with the rice support scheme (or whatever it is called). This accusation was investigated and just recently the official was found not guilty. Perhaps the rice was evidence in this investigation and could not be disposed of until the final judgment was made.

As well they also encourage people to start stockpiling food and other resources for the coming crisis. 

When covid became news, my parents in law just laughing when I started to stockpile rise, and other food that could be stored long time, as well a large freezer,  but now, they are the ones who have started to save up necessery things. 

Posted (edited)

Did a google search on the photo in this article.  Guess what the below means?  It means the photo of rice in the article has NOTHING to do with the 10 year old rice from the Thai scheme, other than being rice.  

The actual 10 year old rice is yellowish brown and looks...10 years old. 

img src="https://geneticliteracyproject.org/wp-content/uploads/elementor/thumbs/png-Rice-cc-pub-hand-q8jhmo8y47i4xt48i5q6ohltkwuzxijcu82hwvrh1a.png" 

Here is what the actual 10 year old rice looks like.  Foul. 

%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%8A%E0%B9%87%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%95-2024-05-19-145758.jpg

src="https://thethaiger.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/สกรีนช็อต-2024-05-19-145758.jpg" 

Edited by YouAgain

so can anyone imagine their testing.. open one bag and take a handful.. do this for several others out of thousands of bags.. 

ok guys. these were ok so all of it must still be good.. does anyone want to take some home... UHH NO WAY>>

12 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

Rice is known to ”preppers” for its long term storability. 

but they don't generally keep it in sacks in rat infested warehouses 

no mention of testing for rats urine in the op either, and if its only just been tested what were the various government officials shovelling in to their mouths a couple of weeks ago for the benefit of the TV cameras ?  I'll bet a months wages it was not  the10 years old stuff  just something they bought on the way. 

I'm pretty certain most of this stuff will covertly be mixed in with the more recent crops, we will all end up eating it to one degree or another, good old spuds for me for the foreseeable with a bit of spaghetti now and again